PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)
Carrier: Sprint

tripflex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tripflex
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Not sure if anybody has asked this or not but every time i try to boot through haret it acts like it's going to reboot turns off windows mobile and just goes blank. The LED turns off and i have to remove the battery to get it to reboot. Any ideas why?
Shared Hosting 20% Off Forever (Promo Code:PPCG20)
Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is the pro 1 forum, your runnin files that arent compatible w ur pro.. Look around for the pro 2 section
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)

tripflex is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tripflex

ahhh you're right! haha sorry, i just searched on google and came to this site, thanks for the reply though!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

IM DONE!
Anyone have a solution or might have some kind of edit that I can do to boost in call and speaker volume. I have been reading through forums for some time and well..

A man can only browse so many false leads before the forums start to rot his mind!

Any ideas?? I can basically call this fully usable if I didn't have to shove my phone in my ear to talk half the time.
I notice that around post 122 their was someone who was speaking of the same problem but alas, not any part of a solution was brought up.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm not sure about this one. A few people have reported low volume, and can't seem to do anything about it. I've never noticed the volume in Android being notably lower than in WinMo. I wonder if it's something to do with how the volumes are set in Windows (if something's set low there that can't be accessed/changed by the linux drivers, volume would end up lower than it should). But... there's not a whole lot of mixer controls in WinMo, so I don't see where there would be a problem. Long story short, no known solution.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

So here is my problem.

Basically I just tried updating all my files (rootfs, zimage, & modules specifically) and all the sudden I have no sound (no rings, notification, alarms, etc.) When trying to access something that uses a sound (change notification ringtone for example) I get "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" with a force close button.

I tried restoring said files to their previous state (from a backup of my andboot folder I keep on my flash drive) but no luck. I think I am planning on just doing a complete reinstall of Xandroid, but wondering if either:

1. Someone had a suggestion for fixing the sound without reinstalling.

2. If I do reinstall, is there a file/folder that I can save that will keep my account/sync settings?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic & Raph800

mj41374 is just getting started
Cool Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
x2, i am patiently waiting for a nand release to drop winmo. i'm waiting on the camera more than the gps. cell tower location is just fine for me. but occasionally i will use my camera for work so i'd like that.
x3. I'd like camera and com.android.gallery working so I can set my own background images from gallery.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:55 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You could try downloading the sdrescan app from the market and rescanning the media on your device. I doubt that's your problem, but it's worth a shot. Past that, I don't know what gets messed up that causes the media process to start crashing; I've had it happen, too, and while it sometimes resolves itself, sometimes it needs a complete wipe.

I'm not sure what you'd need to save to keep your sync settings through a wipe. A quick google search suggests Titanium Backup might be of use, but I haven't tried it, so I have no idea.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41374 View Post
x3. I'd like camera and com.android.gallery working so I can set my own background images from gallery.
I thought the gallery was built in and working on the latest (3-31) release. Is it not?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41374 View Post
x4 I want this as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
You could try downloading the sdrescan app from the market and rescanning the media on your device. I doubt that's your problem, but it's worth a shot. Past that, I don't know what gets messed up that causes the media process to start crashing; I've had it happen, too, and while it sometimes resolves itself, sometimes it needs a complete wipe.

I'm not sure what you'd need to save to keep your sync settings through a wipe. A quick google search suggests Titanium Backup might be of use, but I haven't tried it, so I have no idea.
Eh, sounds like it would be easier to just reset everything, thanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I thought the gallery was built in and working on the latest (3-31) release. Is it not?
The gallery works, you can view them, but you can't set them as wallpaper (you get one of those android.[some proccess] errors) or do anything else with them that I am aware of.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux