PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I am amazed at how the stability as increased in this! IDK if I can use it full time now, but I do have a couple of questions.

Am I putting the phone correctly into to sleep by push the End button? Then taking it out of sleep, the end button doesn't work. I need to push the power button on the top, is this how it should work?

And: I can't find any app to LED-alert me when I have a text message like the default WinMo settings, any hints?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajskhan View Post
I am amazed at how the stability as increased in this! IDK if I can use it full time now, but I do have a couple of questions.

Am I putting the phone correctly into to sleep by push the End button? Then taking it out of sleep, the end button doesn't work. I need to push the power button on the top, is this how it should work?

And: I can't find any app to LED-alert me when I have a text message like the default WinMo settings, any hints?
that is normal. the end key turns screen off, power button turns screen on. there is a hack to make any button turn the screen but most people don't want that.

for leds, look for an application called led-effects. should already be installed, but if it's not you can grab it here: http://cri.ch/sven/doku.php/computin...oid/ledeffects

the app is made specifically for the xdandroid project. you can customize the led for sms, mms, calls, emails, sleep, charging, etc.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
that is normal. the end key turns screen off, power button turns screen on. there is a hack to make any button turn the screen but most people don't want that.
I believe the only change necessary to enable that is to set board-htcraphael-navi.wake to 1 in the startup cmdline. With the lock it's not terrible to have the navi pad keys wake the device. But anything that might lead to less sleep time is probably to your detriment.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

makk! where ya been?! lol

any plans on updating the package in the first post for everyone? any new news on your end?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've been around, just out of touch around here, and a bit out of the scene. (I guess that's what happens when I've got no phone that's pleasant to use with Android. ) So... no news.

Sounds like the froyo build is nearing a sort of stability -- I'll confess I haven't even tried it yet. Is it ready to get wrapped up into an official build, or are there still showstopping bugs?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

IMHO it's on-par (if not better than) 2.1. I've had a few random reboots/resets, but other than that it's been great. Force closes seem to have dropped off significantly as well.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

jocala is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
IMHO it's on-par (if not better than) 2.1. I've had a few random reboots/resets, but other than that it's been great. Force closes seem to have dropped off significantly as well.
I have to differ. I've got a TP Sprint as well, and the sdcard/no ringtone issue is a showstopper for me. Hopefully, a fix is on the way.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

A fix has been released, no? There was a rootfs update on the 6th that was supposed to take care of it.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

jocala is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
A fix has been released, no? There was a rootfs update on the 6th that was supposed to take care of it.
"Originally Posted by babijoee I had previously said and stinebd just posted that the newest rootfs requires a new system. Please guys read the thread more carefully."

My understanding is that a new system.ext2 is required along with the new rootfs and kernel.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

A fix has been released. Update your rootfs. Doesn't need a new system.ext2 file at all (fixed the issue without one at least...). I didn't even delete my data.img...

Here's the quote you should be referencing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinebd
New rootfs images breaking wifi is known. We have a better solution than what was originally implemented, but it needs the system image changed (which has already been done in the AOSP source tree). So if you're relying on wifi, stick with http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootf...01-1d8c857.zip.
So basically new rootfs breaks wifi. So currently either no wifi and working sd/gallery, or wifi and no sd/gallery. There's a fix coming for all, just be patient.

Perhaps in lieu of that information, you shouldn't update the AIO Makk. Not sure tho, to me it's pretty functional. There'll always be people who complain about this or that not working, until it all works. Then they'll just complain about things they do to themselves :P

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-08-2010 at 03:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux