PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Yea... most of the main devs are using GSM devices, so there may still be some glitches related to the CDMA radio - basically why we get worse battery life and probably why we are having more issues with calls then our GSM brothers...

Oh and that's awesome that froyo is available now!! I'm testing NOW

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-27-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

209pcs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Cricket data connection

So I had stopped pursuing this project after getting my hands on a Droid, but in bringing it over to Cricket I learned a few things that could be applied here. When the flashing process first began and it was rooted and activated, I still didn't have a working connection even though the APN had been configured correctly.

I don't know if the Proxy field within the APN is just for looks or if it actually does something, but data still wasn't working. It seems as if nothing is handling the task of tunneling system-wide traffic through wap.mycricket.com:8080. u2nl solves this problem by performing the aforementioned task. You can get it at www.whiterabbit.org/android/ (it's the the link labeled precompiled arm binary for Droid and other arm based devices ). You'll need to have autostart installed; if you have a Wifi connection you can get it from the market, as well as the Android SDK on your PC. Assuming your working ADB (Android Debugging bridge; make sure it is enabled on your phone) directory is C:/android/tools/, copy u2nl and autostart.sh to C:/android/tools. Do:

adb remount
adb push c:/android/tools/u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:/android/tools/autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
reboot

++++NOTE++++
The /'s in the paths beginning with C: (Windows' paths) should be changed to backslashes. The Droid keyboard does not have them, so I had to use forward slashes (/) for Windows paths instead. adb commands WILL NOT work unless switched.

I haven't tested this, as my Touch Pro is no longer active, but in theory it should work. Maybe it's time to pull that Pro out of the box again..

**EDIT**
Forgot to mention that this was all gathered from cricket.howardforums.com in the PDA section, a post by SyZtyM.

hXXp://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1643218-Motorola-Droid-Full-Solution-Updated

Last edited by 209pcs; 07-03-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Giving credit where credit is due
Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work

Can someone give me a copy of the raph 800 txt file that saves all files into the android folder instead of the root folder, making the sd card cluttered, thanks
Old 06-27-2010, 07:13 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There is no such setting. With some clever hacking on the init script, you could make android think that the sdcard is somewhere else, but I don't think anyone has done so.

(To clarify, in case I misread your question, there is a setting to put all the android boot files in one folder -- and, in fact, it is the default setting. That's the andboot folder. Just put the whole folder on your sd card, and you're good to go.

There is NOT, however, a setting to keep android applications from storing files on the sd card. My sd card is pretty cluttered due to this. Hmm... maybe I should try that. ...though I have a feeling that it'd make a lot of things not work quite right, in a really annoying way.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:17 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Cricket data connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209pcs View Post
So I had stopped pursuing this project after getting my hands on a Droid, but in bringing it over to Cricket I learned a few things that could be applied here. When the flashing process first began and it was rooted and activated, I still didn't have a working connection even though the APN had been configured correctly.

I don't know if the Proxy field within the APN is just for looks or if it actually does something, but data still wasn't working. It seems as if nothing is handling the task of tunneling system-wide traffic through wap.mycricket.com:8080. u2nl solves this problem by performing the aforementioned task. You can get it at www.whiterabbit.org/android/ (it's the the link labeled precompiled arm binary for Droid and other arm based devices ). You'll need to have autostart installed; if you have a Wifi connection you can get it from the market, as well as the Android SDK on your PC. Assuming your working ADB (Android Debugging bridge; make sure it is enabled on your phone) directory is C:/android/tools/, copy u2nl and autostart.sh to C:/android/tools. Do:

adb remount
adb push c:/android/tools/u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:/android/tools/autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
reboot

++++NOTE++++
The /'s in the paths beginning with C: (Windows' paths) should be changed to backslashes. The Droid keyboard does not have them, so I had to use forward slashes (/) for Windows paths instead. adb commands WILL NOT work unless switched.

I haven't tested this, as my Touch Pro is no longer active, but in theory it should work. Maybe it's time to pull that Pro out of the box again..
I am curious about this. I had never actually considered that the proxy field might not be doing anything -- it wouldn't actually surprise me in the least, though. (Anyone on any carrier have it not work before adding a proxy, and work after?)

There should also be a way to deal with it via some lower level stuff -- netfilter/iptables or some such; anyone on cricket know their way around linux enough to play with this? (The subtext here -- I don't know my way around iptables very well, so if you ask for my guidance, you will probably end up being led far astray.)
Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

209pcs is a n00b
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Cricket data connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I am curious about this. I had never actually considered that the proxy field might not be doing anything -- it wouldn't actually surprise me in the least, though. (Anyone on any carrier have it not work before adding a proxy, and work after?)

There should also be a way to deal with it via some lower level stuff -- netfilter/iptables or some such; anyone on cricket know their way around linux enough to play with this? (The subtext here -- I don't know my way around iptables very well, so if you ask for my guidance, you will probably end up being led far astray.)
You bring up a good point that I forgot to mention, makkonen. iptables must be supported in the kernel for this to work.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:21 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Our kernels have all the netfilter stuff built as modules, so we should be good.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH 500)
Carrier: Verizon

x4osw0n is a n00b

ok, tested out the new Alpha Froyo build on the RAPH 500; works pretty good (considering how preliminary a build it is). Boots, runs. makes and receives calls better than any build I have run so far. Data is pretty flaky (no surprise; it's apparently flaky for GSM users as well) and GPS is pretty much a no-go. Lots of semi-broken features, like Bluetooth times out when initialized, wireless dhcp is broken (works with static assignments, though it just hung at the scanning stage when I tried it).

It's definitely worth trying. I booted it as a clean install as well, so I would imagine 800 users will be in good shape. If the bugs can get ironed out of this and we can add the camera in, we may well be ready for a Rom soon.

I can't speak to battery life until I get a new battery. This one is terrible even in winmo, only netting me a handful of hours no matter what I do.

~edit: if you do try it, make sure and use Makkonen's startup file. Not sure if the one included in the package will work or not, but I *know* his does.

~edit 2: It appears flaky data was resolved after adding the generic APN (per the first page of this forum) AND rebooting. Data works great now on Froyo!!

Last edited by x4osw0n; 06-28-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Additional notes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
finally!!! i was able to send an mms with a picture added to my yahoo. picture came in just fine.

settings:
Name: Sprint
APN: Android
Username: Sprint
MMSC: hhtp://mms.sprintpcs.com
MMS Port: 80
MMC: 310
MNC: 995

everything else is: <not set>

these setting can be added to the default APN. no extra apn is necessary.

still no incoming mms.

Makk, can you update this in the first post?
Its HTTP Not HHTP!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH 500)
Carrier: Verizon

x4osw0n is a n00b

Just as a general bit of info:

Verizon WAP settings:
(http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...t_WAP_Settings)
Proxy Address:
Primary: gw.vzwwap.com or IP: 69.78.67.121
Secondary: gw1.vzwwap.com or IP: 69.78.67.121

Proxy Ports:
Primary: 8080
Secondary: 8080
Primary lxl: 0443
Secondary lxl: 0443

Default login:
Username: phonenumber@vzw3g.com (EVDO/3G networks) or phonenumber@vtext.com (non-EVDO or 1X networks)
Password: vzw
phonenumber must be in this format: 0005551212 (totaling 10 digits, no dashes, parentheses,etc.)

Default homepage:
Default: http://homepage

MMS settings:
(via http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...led-setup.html)

Server Name: Verizon Wireless
Gateway: blank
Port#: 80
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via: (whichever you use to connect to the internet)
Sending Size: 500K
WAP: WAP 2.0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux