PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I have another question about music. Has anyone found a way to have it play music with DRM? I have a Napster-to-Go subscription (with WinMo) but Android doesn't play them. Anyone have any ideas, other than converting everything to Mp3?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

sam1051v is a n00b

Hey i just tried this with my raph 500 touch pro. I have verizon. I booted android and it went through the black screen with all the text, which took about 10 mins. But after that it just sits there at a blank black screen. Any advice?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Lurker

sam1051v is a n00b
Talking Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1051v View Post
Hey i just tried this with my raph 500 touch pro. I have verizon. I booted android and it went through the black screen with all the text, which took about 10 mins. But after that it just sits there at a blank black screen. Any advice?

Actually now that i look at it in the text it says something about failing to mount /data. Any ideas?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:44 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Make sure you've got at least 256mb free on your sdcard. delete /sdcard/andboot/data.img and let it create another one. If that doesn't fix it, we'll look for something else.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker

komgol is a n00b

This, this might seem like a ridiculous question, but I'm trying to figure out what kind of phone I have.

I know this is an HTC Touch Pro XV6850... but when choosing the appropriate startup config my options are:
BLACKSTONE
DIAM500
DIAMOND100
FUZE
RAPH
RAPH500
RAPH800
RHOD400
RHOD500
RHODIUM
TILT2
TOPAZ

So.... Which one of these is the correct one for a Verizon Touch Pro XV6850? (it looks like this: Amazon.com: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Service)
Old 09-17-2010, 12:13 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Raph500
Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Lurker

komgol is a n00b

Ok -- so I threw the Raph500 startup.txt into the /sdcard/andboot directory (and got rid of the old one).

I placed the SD-card into my phone, navigated to HaRET.exe, and ran it. The "HaRET: Booting Linux ..." bar ran through to completion, and then my system just froze. Nothing happened. The system became unresponsive.

I saw in your FAQ the note about some individual phones having marginal memory, so I removed the acpuclock.force_turbo=1 entry. Now I still get the "HaRET: Booting Linux ...", but the progress bar freezes half-way through and my system becomes unresponsive.

Any tips? I'm sure I'm doing something very dumb, but I can't find anything in the FAQ... and I haven't managed to get through all 362 pages of this thread yet
Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

I wouldn't expect you to read all of it. There's a lot of repetition in all those pages anyway. And a lot of outdated information.

Really strange that it's dying halfway through the load -- there isn't even any weird code running at that point. Either things are going into the wrong spot in memory, and that's locking it up, or haret's just locking up due to some unrelated problem. When you put the acpuclock bit back in does it go to the end of loading again? Are you running a custom ROM? I'm not really sure where to look here.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Lurker

komgol is a n00b

I'm not running any custom ROM.

I just put the acpuclock line back in and HaRET did not freeze up (progress bar went all the way through), but it froze up immediately afterwards. (I just see the normal file explorer window from before. Only now there is a start menu that looks exactly like the top bar on the bottom of the screen. It says "HaRET Version" instead of "File Explorer". The phone is completely unresponsive to anything other than a reset in this state.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Yeah, that definitely sounds like what happens when the memory can't handle turbo and it locks up.

You aren't removing the whole line, right? Just the specific part about acpuclock? Really strange that that would make it worse, not better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux