PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

i concure. i heart lp. i'm told on our devices it can get a little slow if over 5 homescreens though. i tried to lp plus version but the widgets seemed always break my system so i have always reverted back to the regular version.

as far as the gps.conf file, i don't think it's needed anymore is it? i haven't used it in some time now. and gps seems to be locking super quick for me.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

adb should work, but you need to be connected to activesync before you boot. As I mentioned about a page ago, it should then come up during linux boot, and find the drivers automatically. You might need another restart (of android, not the computer) after the drivers install, but it should work from there.

OI file manager doesn't run as root, so it can't see what's in the data folder, I believe.

GPS lock, in my experience, was flaky. Sometimes it'd work quick and steady-as-you-go. Sometimes it wouldn't ever lock. I never really had to put it through its paces, though.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

I have the Plus version of LP as well, love it. Running Subsonic on my home server to my phone as well. What is the benefit of upgrading TB though?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can restore 50 apps without pushing 'install' 50 times. And you can keep multiple levels of backup -- I'm not really sure that's worth much, but it's kinda neat.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
For me, it's the killer app for Android. Turns my phone into a ~250GB mp3 player.

Of course, I've been obsessive about collecting and ripping music for a long time now, so it's pretty tailor-made for me.
So I did look at Subsonic for my server before... Just didn't think it was that great. With an Android app, looks like it may be.

The strange thing is, the app in the market says the server software is trialware and costs 10 euros. However, on their site it looks like it's completely free...

What's your experience with it? Do you have to pay to use the server software?

Oh and GPS -> We were talking about this over @ XDA. I found that if QuickGPS is up-to-date (within 7 days) GPS works SO much better in both Android and WinMo. Probably because that system works at the radio level hence the reason it improves both systems.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

You have to pay to use the Android/iPhone apps, and to use the username.subsonic.org redirect. Otherwise it's free.

And the payment covers the server, so unlimited client apps.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
You have to pay to use the Android/iPhone apps, and to use the username.subsonic.org redirect. Otherwise it's free.

And the payment covers the server, so unlimited client apps.
Ah-ha. That's too bad... Well, I'll play around with it and see if it's worth it. Hopefully the trial version isn't too crippled & just time-limited...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:33 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Not crippled at all. I think it's just got a 30 day counter for connections from the mobile clients, and if that's expired, it rejects them. Being that the source is open, it'd probably not be that hard to compile a version that didn't even do that -- but don't, cuz it's worth supporting.

(Um... speaking of which... I actually did something like that. The day that I donated. Just so I could say to myself 'I'm not paying because I have to. I'm paying because I want to.' I don't know if that makes me noble or nefarious. Probably neither.)
Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
(Um... speaking of which... I actually did something like that. The day that I donated. Just so I could say to myself 'I'm not paying because I have to. I'm paying because I want to.' I don't know if that makes me noble or nefarious. Probably neither.)
LOL I'm not sure. Perhaps both? At least you are willing to contribute... I am as well. If it's worth paying for, I certainly don't mind. Heck I donated $10 so Wozz could get another RHOD to continue his NBH testing! (Which is in of itself a selfish reason to donate...)

Well, Subsonic is pretty sweet. I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it for me to pay until I get a real Android phone, but it is tempting. Android just isn't stable enough on the devices to use full time, and I want to use Subsonic full time now!!

Off-topic, but is there any way to get it to search by artist...? Or album? I search for something like 'tool' and get 20 songs where only 3 of them are actually by the artist Tool lol.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 09-11-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

All this talk about music brings up another question I have. Has anyone found a program that is good for fast forwarding and rewinding audio? I listen to lectures, and would like to be able to rewind for 10 or 20 seconds using the navigation pad.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux