PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprints matches Big reds TP2 price! (May not work)

I charged mine over the phone to my debit card. The price adjustment difference is going to be posted to my bill though.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was just in the phone with sprint for like the 10th time. They said that there is no way to do a price match annd.."We don't know how verizon can sell the phone for $200". So I am going to return my phone since I am in the with-in 30 days.

I don't know about the rest of you but maybe if enough of us do it. We have nothing to loose, we can just put our old phone back in our line and wait for them to crack.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Yea thats comfirmation cuz when I called they said they are doing this for people like me.... dont ask me what that means but its worth a shot cuz I got the deal I just didnt want to pay almost $500 for it up front.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am telling you the best way is to e-mail ecare and tell them you are NOT happy with the fact that verizon has it for 199.99 make sure you let them know you really are not happy about.I have posted this like 10 times in this thread and this thread has 60 plus pages when really all that is needed is 1 page.

Yes some get it by phone.Yes some get i by e-mail ETC but i am telling yo e-mail ecare2@ and tell them what i did.I said here is my number xxxxxxxxxx
and gave my ID number then i said I AM NOT HAPPY that verizon has this phone i just got the touch pro 2 for 199.99 on there site and I WANT you to match this.I am very unhappy.I have been a customer for 10 years and have 7 lines(of course your vary's)and this is stupid that they are selling it for that price and you are charging me 150$ more after rebate.Please get back to me asap on this.

Thanks you xxxxx xxxxxx

Then i got a phone call the next day and got a price match which was even more then they were suppose to do.

I ALSO POSTED THIS IS THE THREAD WE HAD GOING ON THE PRICE MATCH BEFORE THE RUMOR THREAD CAME ABOUT.

you have to be stern yet do not say in so many words you will leave but give that impression.

My thinking is they will match if you are either a long time customer or pay a large bill each month.

If that does not work then i got a second way which has worked in the past use this as last resort.

Call *2 then hit 3 then 5 that will get you to retentions.Tell them your heard from a friend that he got the touch pro 2 for 199.99 by calling in to them and you want the same.Tell them also you seen his bill and seen he got it for that.

Also tell them you went to the mall and the sprint store there said they will give you it for 199.99 (Which they did to me today.They told me at the sprint store in the mall they could sell me it for 199.99 and give me a rebate slip.

I am telling you if you do it this way you will get and then this stupid mega thread maybe 1 day will go away!

This was a sprint store in my mall today that offered to sell me it for 199.99 plus give me the rebate slip if i bought one for one of my lines.Tell sprint they can't give it to 1 regular customer and not another.You will get it.

Last edited by rdcrds; 10-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOT

This was a sprint store in my mall today that offered to sell me it for 199.99 plus give me the rebate slip if i bought one for one of my lines.Tell sprint they can't give it to 1 regular customer and not another.You will get it.[/QUOTE]

I already have mine at the good price but went to sprint store to look for a new screen protector, and they told me they do not even have the tp2 yet and will not get it until october 15th, so I hope that line would still work for someone......
Old 10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX

mobilevader is a n00b

Well, game over for me... it is either pay full price, wait for a drop, or leave sprint.

Rep reviewed my file in detail... I was on hold forever. He stated that I recieved a great price on my first phone with sprint. He was 100% right.. I got the 700 and made almost $250 on it (rebates, promotions, etc)... it was crazy. I was paid to join sprint!!!!

Then last month one of the reps credited my account almost $60 for no reason.

The last rep said that everytime I called, I would be trasfered to his department. I asked if my account was flagged, but he skipped that answer (well no answer is sometimes an answer).

Am I mad? No... I just got caught... asking for too much... pushed a bit too hard.

It is fine... I will wait for wm 6.5 to release and more than likely buy then, if it is okay. I've waited this long. lol... make sure 6.5 does not "break" something.

So, let me calculate this (no taxes / no insurance / and I've never went over):

made from sprint: $250 + 60 = $310

$30 sero for two years = $720
$50 sero for eight months = $400

Total service for 2 years 8 months: $1,120

Total spent for 2 years 8 months with sprint: $810 (1120 - 310)

Hell, I'm not mad... I should be happy they don't send me a letter telling me they are going to cancel my darn line. ROFL

Honestly, I'd bet there are more people like this on here... we should be ashamed. ROFL. I'm not.. sprint did it to themselves. Plus, they used sero people as templates and Guinee Pigs for their current plans.

I did not realize how little I'd paid all this time until I calculated it.

Let me see... sell my current phones for no less than $150, I still get the Touch Pro for $250... with a great service plan. No complaints....

My reality is that I can't get within 1000 feet of getting a better deal anyplace else. Thought I could with verizon (with other discounts), until I realized their minutes don't start til 9 pm... and they would give me 7 pm to gain me as a customer.

Last edited by mobilevader; 10-03-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

if you are told that there is nothing they can do when you were told you were gonna get the credit then try contacting the better business bureau and filing a complaint with them,then email dan@sprint.com bc you were told that you were to receive this credit and lied to about it. very bad for business if you ask me.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well I think I would try the "every time I call I will get transferred to this department" threat out. Sounds like you got connected with one of the people i referred to earlier . If I was guessing I would guess they were located in New York. Almost every time I speak with someone at Sprint I ask where they are located and invariably the rude ones always seem to be located in New York.(compared to KC, Nova Scotia, California, and Arizona) I am sure they are not the rule but the exception, before anyone gets upset. Honestly , though, it does really seem that way. It could have something to do with management techniques at a particular locale. I would just call in for the heck of it and test what they told you, Ask them where they are located. I think you might really want to try the Ecare email route in your case . The SERO plans are nice I admit, but once you get to a certain number of lines and features, things even out with regular plan and coroporate discounts. I know I figured mine out and the difference was negligible so I keep my Simply Everything Plan and discount.Big difference is when I call in my plan looks normal and it looks high dollar due to 5 lines. This usually gets the " wow, you do pay a lot , Mr. Doe" response. I guess they do not automatically see the 25 percent discount I get when it pulls up.You are quite correct about Verizon's attitude. I cancelled out of a contract with them and gladly paid cancellation fees to come back to Sprint. told them I was going to and they made zero effort to keep me as a customer. Their network was no better in my particular area, and while Sprint customer service can really suck compared to Verizons reps answering phones quickly , at least there seems to be some wiggle room. Just not when I speak to anyone from New York.I would call them just to see if my calls truly get routd to same place as i doubt it very seriously since you cannot even get them to connect or know how to connect you to the same person you were speaking with 5 minutes before you get transferred and disconnected with.

Last edited by lefty11; 10-04-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:04 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I charged mine over the phone to my debit card. The price adjustment difference is going to be posted to my bill though.
I charged mine to my sprint account. Am I the only one that can do that? Havent heard anyone else do it yet. That way the price I actually pay is the one after all the discounts.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
I charged mine to my sprint account. Am I the only one that can do that? Havent heard anyone else do it yet. That way the price I actually pay is the one after all the discounts.
That's the way I did it. Nothing's being charged to my credit card until the final price shows up online.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2