PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Anyone else's Sprint TP2 really 'crashy'?

Maybe it's something I've installed that's not liking the phone, but I've had more than just a few application crashes and WM asking to send a report. It seems to be more than just your normal crashiness, so who knows. Maybe it's that I have the crash reporting enabled and this is normal for WM phones.

Anyone?

Oh, and just a piece of news if anyone hasn't said it yet; HTC has officially announced that the TP2 is eligible for a WM 6.5 upgrade on Oct. 6. But who knows when carriers will unleash it. If Microsoft had their way, I would imagine that The Tour, Rhodium (W) and the Touch 2 would all have updates available on launch day from every carrier that sold them. Come to think of it, judging by the apparent OS QA testing Sprint has done with the TP2, maybe WM 6.1 is a stop-gap backport until October. Because seriously, the TP2 won't be available en masse until then anyway.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Anyone else's Sprint TP2 really 'crashy'?

I haven't had an app crash yet. It has to be a setting, a program, maybe a bad flash (you should hard reset), or just bad hardware...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i noticed after last night, im crashing alot... i need to go back and firgure it out..

my crashes:
tmail.exe - i know this is messaging
manilla.exe - this ones obvious what it is
calpd.exe - ???
and some other calXXX.exe - dont remeber the full name, but no clue

all of em will popup, but nothing actually closes afterwards... need to figure out what it is still though
Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Threadstarter

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i noticed after last night, im crashing alot... i need to go back and firgure it out..

my crashes:
tmail.exe - i know this is messaging
manilla.exe - this ones obvious what it is
calpd.exe - ???
and some other calXXX.exe - dont remeber the full name, but no clue

all of em will popup, but nothing actually closes afterwards... need to figure out what it is still though
Yep, I even get device.exe crashes.

Also, an annoyance is the task list being empty when some apps are actually running; for instance Opera. Maybe I need to do hard-reset.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

tmail.exe, gwes.exe, will crash and sometimes, when I reset the device, WinMo will hang at the point where the CDMA radio is initializing (no reception signal displayed) and TF3d doesn't start. At that point, I have to soft-reset with the stylus...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

DID any of you perform a double hard reset before full service of the phone and are still having these crashes?
Old 09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

mine is doing exactly the same plus i got the crprog.exe crash like crazy
also my keyboard on the letter d i have to press down hard for it to type the letter d.

Do you think wm6.5 will be available for the touch pro 1
and if there isnt a official release is it possible to port the wm6.5 to the touch pro 1?
Old 09-12-2009, 04:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

6.5 on tp1 now is probably better than what MS will release... only thing your missin is the sense aspect of it, but that can be had now too...

dbl hard reset, your joking right??? first, just turning the phone on the first time is the eqivilent of a hard reset....

hard reset on unboxing is just as much a myth as battery conditioning...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

no crashes or freezing yet... i hope it stays that way. i bet some of the tweaks found here are causing it.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
no crashes or freezing yet... i hope it stays that way. i bet some of the tweaks found here are causing it.
+1 mine has been solid as a rock

are people here talking about stock TP2s having problems are y'all tweaking/hacking/modding the hell out of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
Oh, and just a piece of news if anyone hasn't said it yet; HTC has officially announced that the TP2 is eligible for a WM 6.5 upgrade on Oct. 6. But who knows when carriers will unleash it. If Microsoft had their way, I would imagine that The Tour, Rhodium (W) and the Touch 2 would all have updates available on launch day from every carrier that sold them. Come to think of it, judging by the apparent OS QA testing Sprint has done with the TP2, maybe WM 6.1 is a stop-gap backport until October. Because seriously, the TP2 won't be available en masse until then anyway.
Yeah, HTC announced all that when the TP2 was announced like 6 months ago.

On Oct 6th, Sprint, Verizon, etc. will announce which phones will get the update and hopefully a time frame. It's no secret that both Sprint/Verizon have working WM6.5 test ROMs already or that U.S. Cellular is launching theirs with WM6.5.

The only reason we didn't get WM6.5 now was cause Verizon/Sprint we're obviously racing each other to release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2