PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what about trying this approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
just a thought, but...

i used HTCRIE.exe to open...
What is HTCRIE.exe? Please explain further what it does and where we can get it. Thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

This post is off topic but.. interesting.
BIG difference between hspl & security/radio unlock (the over $25 unlocker that lets you use SIM chips/cards on US GSM carriers in the U.S.. HOWEVER... that fee required unlocker ALSO unlocks hspl so you can flash ROMS. So, if you have the cash...

What intrigues me about this post is the "snatched .. service"!
Just how did they do that? Did you leave your phone somewhere for a while? I never security/radio unlocked for a couple reasons.
1. I have no need to be on a GSM network... however I once read somewhere you could somehow use another CDMA carriers towers for better reception if needed with it... however razorlovers said that's not the case...
2. You are required to give them your IMEI #.... why? so they can ensure you're not reselling their product I suppose... but I really am a bit cautious in this day (cell phones used to trigger IED's) in giving out ANY of my personal info to anyone... Read a long article once about IMEI numbers having so many duplicates, & not unique any more... hmmm don't know..
Just what could happen if those lists of IMEI numbers got in the wrong hands?? Something like this??
dunno, just a thought...
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
okn Im in a weird position with some posts here..

1st if you read the deveopers site period ALL the way thru and dont pay the 20 us or 14 euro. don't expect full help.

I have an issue where someine actually snatched my service & rendered my phone useless to the point im having to get a replacement even though i dont want one. The serial was nripped from the hardware.

I dont want to unlock security but just hardspell. No biggy to load a stock rom for a new radio. BUT here's the issue im wondering about.

I remember reading that you NEEDEED to be on the same ip and computer when i 1st got mine a year ago. humjm.. I've upgraded to a new operating system and have a new ip.. SO ....

am I or am i not going to have the issue of hardspl'ing again? Reading this is like hummmm.. I did pay a total of 28 bucks to them. and now needing a replacement phone.
Let us know if the hspl works for you. Sounds like most people get it working.
Since you said you paid the higher fee ("SIM UNLOCKER" aka security/radio unlocker)... if you want that again, you'll have to use this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...-unlocker.html

Last edited by teradog; 09-28-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I dont know its going to work. they also sent a new sim. someone took all the info off mine.. so we will see. im going to make sure this replacement works good 1st. I just spent 5 days no dang phone. 3.5 days with support including upler levels of tech. what im gathering is someone snatched info off my phone rendering mine useless... well all that info is useless now too!

No I didnt leave tyhe phone anywhere cept in my house.. 5 to 6 times a day had to reverify phone.... be on a call and get dropped call back.. same shyt... reverify.. this has been going on for about 6 months. then last thurs ev.. nuttin nadda..... no phone data or nuttin... but tech could load my account and make calls from a test phone saying everything ok... in person, they had to reenter everything.. by sat morn same shyt cant make calls but 911

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 09-28-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I don't know why the need to have the IMEI for the HSPL, I guess to unflag it in the database that checks to see if you've unlocked before? However, for the SIM Unlocker, I believe that to get the unlock code, you need to have the IMEI number to get a correct SIM unlock code. You never need to provide it to the carrier because they already have it in their system and can just get the unlock code based on what they have recorded as your phone.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

after my experience i have no intention of unlocking the sim...
Old 09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Switching to Android

it's not likely to work either. its coded to read certain info sprint put in. it would be a shyt load of work to go thru all the files just to make it "work" and much easier to just hrdspl and be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
You can try:
1- OPen "RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_ SPCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship.exe"..
With Winrar...
2-Make a folder and extract all files there..
3-RENAME your custom rom to "RUU_signed.nbh".
4- past/REPLACE the rom in that folder...
5- run "ROMUpdateUtility.exe"
Let us know what happens.
If it gets stuck, then it didn't change the files, so cancel and reboot, or run it again with original exe file:
"RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_ SPCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship.exe"..
Let us know if you have any luck.
EDit: others tried & say doesn't work
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25
okn Im in a weird position with some posts here..

1st if you read the deveopers site period ALL the way thru and dont pay the 20 us or 14 euro. don't expect full help.

I have an issue where someine actually snatched my service & rendered my phone useless to the point im having to get a replacement even though i dont want one. The serial was nripped from the hardware.

I dont want to unlock security but just hardspell. No biggy to load a stock rom for a new radio. BUT here's the issue im wondering about.

I remember reading that you NEEDEED to be on the same ip and computer when i 1st got mine a year ago. humjm.. I've upgraded to a new operating system and have a new ip.. SO ....

am I or am i not going to have the issue of hardspl'ing again? Reading this is like hummmm.. I did pay a total of 28 bucks to them. and now needing a replacement phone.
You'll probably have to pay for the hardspl again unless you can plead your case to the creators and they hook you up somehow. I kinda doubt they will.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Switching to Android

NOPE i wont pay again. I gave them extra total of 28(25I beleive it was plus the euro conversion fee) 1st go around... That was for them taking the time to do that for us. At worst i will get testers for my roms. But will NOT pay again. only used it once when I got it soo think in should be able to get hrdspl with no issues. still have receipt number and if need be can scan original & send them. They should work with me and their systems will show im correct. only used once before. I dont think they are sticks in the mud. I know ive read issues where peeps cant get an answer from them. but only giving up 5 bucks when site says 20 bucks prefered.. well..

just hope to not go thru the back n forth just to get to flashing again... behind schedule by a couple months as is

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You'll probably have to pay for the hardspl again unless you can plead your case to the creators and they hook you up somehow. I kinda doubt they will.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

damn.. i feel for yall, but ive never had issue 1 for real! last year i did two different tp2s in about a month from the same computer. last month in august i did 3 tp2s in 5 days, all from the same computer, and didnt have a single issue. i went ahead and donated 10 bucks the last time because it always went so well. after all that i bought the sim/security unlocker a weeks ago, and the only problem i had was the email with the package took almost a full day to get. it was 22 dollars. other than that im happy and glad to have given them my 30 dollars.
i just felt like there should be one positive experience told here.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
This post is off topic but.. interesting...

...Let us know if the hspl works for you. Sounds like most people get it working.
Since you said you paid the higher fee ("SIM UNLOCKER" aka security/radio unlocker)... if you want that again, you'll have to use this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...-unlocker.html

Well desperation set in. I folded my stance on "not" paying for the alleged free HSPL for private use. Having replaced my phone twice within 10 days, the damn HSPL from Olinex kept insisting I should pay because I may be "commercial." B.S.

Anyway, it was $6.50 and it worked immediately soon after paying. And yes I had to input my IMEI or whatever that is under the battery. Indeed this must be the #/code they use to tag your phone in order to twist your arm in paying if you want to HSPL your phone.

Other discussions on this thread involve circumventing the Monopolized HSPL from Olinex. If there is another way of flashing custom ROM's, that would be cool.
Wishful thinking right, but doesn't hurt to wish and keep trying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2