View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

This post is off topic but.. interesting.
BIG difference between hspl & security/radio unlock (the over $25 unlocker that lets you use SIM chips/cards on US GSM carriers in the U.S.. HOWEVER... that fee required unlocker ALSO unlocks hspl so you can flash ROMS. So, if you have the cash...

What intrigues me about this post is the "snatched .. service"!
Just how did they do that? Did you leave your phone somewhere for a while? I never security/radio unlocked for a couple reasons.
1. I have no need to be on a GSM network... however I once read somewhere you could somehow use another CDMA carriers towers for better reception if needed with it... however razorlovers said that's not the case...
2. You are required to give them your IMEI #.... why? so they can ensure you're not reselling their product I suppose... but I really am a bit cautious in this day (cell phones used to trigger IED's) in giving out ANY of my personal info to anyone... Read a long article once about IMEI numbers having so many duplicates, & not unique any more... hmmm don't know..
Just what could happen if those lists of IMEI numbers got in the wrong hands?? Something like this??
dunno, just a thought...
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
okn Im in a weird position with some posts here..

1st if you read the deveopers site period ALL the way thru and dont pay the 20 us or 14 euro. don't expect full help.

I have an issue where someine actually snatched my service & rendered my phone useless to the point im having to get a replacement even though i dont want one. The serial was nripped from the hardware.

I dont want to unlock security but just hardspell. No biggy to load a stock rom for a new radio. BUT here's the issue im wondering about.

I remember reading that you NEEDEED to be on the same ip and computer when i 1st got mine a year ago. humjm.. I've upgraded to a new operating system and have a new ip.. SO ....

am I or am i not going to have the issue of hardspl'ing again? Reading this is like hummmm.. I did pay a total of 28 bucks to them. and now needing a replacement phone.
Let us know if the hspl works for you. Sounds like most people get it working.
Since you said you paid the higher fee ("SIM UNLOCKER" aka security/radio unlocker)... if you want that again, you'll have to use this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...-unlocker.html

Last edited by teradog; 09-28-2010 at 12:51 PM.