PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
There's no point in trying to debate that verizon has the best network no matter which way you put it... just like there's no way you can debate the fact that T-mobile has the worst and their 3G coverage in most places is laughable. Like I said... i've had both services and have done a bit of traveling and its no contest on which service had better coverage FOR ME.
rorytmeadows this post says it all. the fact that you are comparing data and coverage to sprint is amazing to me.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i get way better signal here with tmobile than I did with sprint....... Sprint is not better...... Just depends where ya live..... I had sprint 4 months ago...... There customer service sucks, their phone prices never drop, and I switched from 1x to ev all the time. Now im constantly on 4 bars 3g.......... Never go to edge... :u

like others said, I think yall hating..... A. tmobiles coverage is growing rapidly.. b. our 21mbs speeds soon will rock c. were getting the Leo before yall....................

Get over it, they all suck and rock in different areas.......
Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
There's no point in trying to debate that verizon has the best network no matter which way you put it... just like there's no way you can debate the fact that T-mobile has the worst and their 3G coverage in most places is laughable. Like I said... i've had both services and have done a bit of traveling and its no contest on which service had better coverage FOR ME.
It's the worst for some but it's perfect for someone that won't step foot in South Dakota or Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I get 3G at home, 3G at work, 3G in Philly, 3G in Boston, 3G in Wilmington, NC, and apparently 3G in Pittsburgh. What else do I need?

You're set with yours and I'm set with mine. But you'll be drooling for that HSDPA soon enough!!!

Here's to good spirits and rooting for the underdog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM
Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i get way better signal here with tmobile than I did with sprint....... Sprint is not better...... Just depends where ya live..... I had sprint 4 months ago...... There customer service sucks, their phone prices never drop, and I switched from 1x to ev all the time. Now im constantly on 4 bars 3g.......... Never go to edge... :u

like others said, I think yall hating..... A. tmobiles coverage is growing rapidly.. b. our 21mbs speeds soon will rock c. were getting the Leo before yall....................

Get over it, they all suck and rock in different areas.......
it does depend on where you and in the majority of the areas sprint wins, of course to say sprint will win in every single city is irrate. So for people who travel alot, i don't want to travel to a city and have to miss a single phone call. Every call on my line could be $ in my pocket and to miss a call because of my service provider, I would be kicking my own ass for going with tmobile.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
It's the worst for some but it's perfect for someone that won't step foot in South Dakota or Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I get 3G at home, 3G at work, 3G in Philly, 3G in Boston, 3G in Wilmington, NC, and apparently 3G in Pittsburgh. What else do I need?

You're set with yours and I'm set with mine. But you'll be drooling for that HSDPA soon enough!!!

Here's to good spirits and rooting for the underdog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM
i'm not a sprint fanboy, I will glady go to tmobile if they step their coverage game up and got 4g speeds everywhere. But if they get faster data and their voice coverage is still the same i will have to stay with sprint.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
rorytmeadows this post says it all. the fact that you are comparing data and coverage to sprint is amazing to me.
I'm not sure I understand. I was never saying T-Mobile was better in general than Sprint or Verizon. I was saying that you can't make blanket statements based on personal experience. It's simple logic. People were claiming that coverage, speed, and reliability for T-Mobile/GSM was terrible. Coverage is better with Sprint and Verizon, definitely, but where's the proof for speed and reliability (connection maintenance, e.g. dropped calls, connection problems)?

The truth is there is no proof. You're not going to find a study that looks at speed and reliability (or one that makes sense). Because it differs by area and by phone. Everyone knows this! Please don't link me to that speed test that was conducted with all the carriers in different cities, it's garbage.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
So then yes it is just your opinion, and no you don't have knowledge of the underlying technologies. Got it.
You mean other than what clearwire themselves said?

Let me ask you this- do you know anything about any of this? Are you disagreeing with my position? What is your stance on the issue?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i'm not a sprint fanboy, I will glady go to tmobile if they step their coverage game up and got 4g speeds everywhere. But if they get faster data and their voice coverage is still the same i will have to stay with sprint.
Absolutely, but don't wait up for better voice coverage. T-Mobile is apparently trying to corner the "nerd" market with beefier data options. Good for me since I hate talking on the phone.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I'm not sure I understand. I was never saying T-Mobile was better in general than Sprint or Verizon. I was saying that you can't make blanket statements based on personal experience. It's simple logic. People were claiming that coverage, speed, and reliability for T-Mobile/GSM was terrible. Coverage is better with Sprint and Verizon, definitely, but where's the proof for speed and reliability (connection maintenance, e.g. dropped calls, connection problems)?

The truth is there is no proof. You're not going to find a study that looks at speed and reliability (or one that makes sense). Because it differs by area and by phone. Everyone knows this! Please don't link me to that speed test that was conducted with all the carriers in different cities, it's garbage.
ok i understand, so as long as we both agree that in general i will more then likely get a better signal with sprint that was my point. Now as for gsm and hspa (or whatever it is), and download data speeds I know gsm hspa has the fastest data speeds and like you said tmobile will soon be flipping a switch, so if they do that I'm fully aware of what that means in terms of data speeds but that will not increase voice coverage which is my personal main concern.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I wish I could get an HD2 on Sprint... but I just can't leave Sprint and my sweet $36/mo (AFTER taxes/fees) SERO plan....

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2