PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 01:35 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

so this guy says march 24th for release date, sounds bout right huh? here is his post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108759
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 AM
VIP

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

cant wait
Old 01-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Actually Sprint launched EVDO Rev A on October 24 of 06, so basically November of 06. See the press release:
http://mobilitytoday.com/news/sprint..._launched.html

And Sprint launched the Mogul in June of 07.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...ul-smartphone/

We are over a full year with WiMax and not one single phone yet. In addition to that, no other major carrier has commited to WiMax, and prominent CEOs are predicting that WiMax will be a flop. Not even close to the same thing.
ummm, sony isn't doing so great in the mobile arena:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/so...le-s/19199159/
and of course by now, you know that htc has a 4g phone coming to sprint.
i love my 4g stick and home modem. faster than my at&t and time warner were.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Uhm, you didn't read the WiMax press release about waiting until the end of 2010 for handsets?

Also, I pay for REAL internet to get that on my PC devices and since my provider has no limitations or extra charges for tethering, I can get that too outside of my REAL internet zones.
wait you can get 6 down and 1 up tethering your phone? i'd love to see that.
i have clear 4g and that is what i get in san antonio on my stick and oh yeah, by the way, i get 9 down and 1 up on my wireless modem in the house. which is faster than my dsl or cable modem got me.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Is this a serious question? I know you've seen all of the threads and seen the 100's of people who have had their tp1 replaced by a tp2, thats how i got my 1st tp2. not to mention i use to work there, so as soon as the tp2 is on the wel list for the tp1 the homie will hit me up and i will go exchange it. its funny how people always question me.
i guess it's just strange for those of us who don't cheat the system and actually pay for phones that you keep getting free phones that you keep for 2 months than sell on ebay.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 AM

wow, guess i'm behind the power curve. my first smartphone was the q9c. blew me aware. learned how to do registry edits, and brick a phone. learned the value of sprite backup.
got the touch pro2 the first week sprint had it online, wasn't in stores yet. it blows me away that y'all are ditching it already. mine rarely lags, but then i don't try to run 10 things at once either. doesn't load any slower than my daughters ipod touch (which bricked twice the first 2 days). apple just gives you a pretty screen to look at instead of a wheel.
i would love to have a 4g phone this year, but to be honest, i can wait for a winmo (or maybe android) slider with 4g, even if i am "stuck" with the tp2 for 2 years.
at least now you have cabs that do all the tweaks for you!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
wow, guess i'm behind the power curve. my first smartphone was the q9c. blew me aware. learned how to do registry edits, and brick a phone. learned the value of sprite backup.
got the touch pro2 the first week sprint had it online, wasn't in stores yet. it blows me away that y'all are ditching it already. mine rarely lags, but then i don't try to run 10 things at once either. doesn't load any slower than my daughters ipod touch (which bricked twice the first 2 days). apple just gives you a pretty screen to look at instead of a wheel.
i would love to have a 4g phone this year, but to be honest, i can wait for a winmo (or maybe android) slider with 4g, even if i am "stuck" with the tp2 for 2 years.
yea we are phonegeeks and want smart phones to run like todays computers, like speed, functionality and more options. so yeah we are always looking out for the latest and greatest
Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
ummm, sony isn't doing so great in the mobile arena:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/so...le-s/19199159/
and of course by now, you know that htc has a 4g phone coming to sprint.
i love my 4g stick and home modem. faster than my at&t and time warner were.
Quote:
wait you can get 6 down and 1 up tethering your phone? i'd love to see that.
i have clear 4g and that is what i get in san antonio on my stick and oh yeah, by the way, i get 9 down and 1 up on my wireless modem in the house. which is faster than my dsl or cable modem got me.
if youre comparing your phone speeds to your home speeds then you have issues. Too bad i just erased my signature but at home i get 37 down and 7 up, my phone speeds are no where near that. Also you keep talking about 4g, according to sprints own website wimax's current top speeds is 10mbps with average between 3-6, so i hightly doubt youre getting 9 (proof). Also 4g isn't even that big of a deal, tmobile will have up to 21mbps with hspa+ this summer and you won't even need new devices, so 4g isnt looking so bright. proof and more proof

Quote:
i guess it's just strange for those of us who don't cheat the system and actually pay for phones that you keep getting free phones that you keep for 2 months than sell on ebay.
sucks for you.

Quote:

you are behind, like someone stated this is the ppcgeeks forum we always want the latest and greatest, and that defintely isn't the touch pro 2.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you are behind, like someone stated this is the ppcgeeks forum we always want the latest and greatest, and that defintely isn't the touch pro 2.
for someone who wants a winmo phone with a solid keyboard is definatley is, stop trying to pigeonhole everyone
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
for someone who wants a winmo phone with a solid keyboard is definatley is, stop trying to pigeonhole everyone
If anything I would say you are pigeon holing me. I had 4 points and that's the weakest of them. Also he was referring to tweaks and mods making his phone better, that's what I was referring to as not the latest and greatest.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2