PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
ok i understand, so as long as we both agree that in general i will more then likely get a better signal with sprint that was my point. Now as for gsm and hspa (or whatever it is), and download data speeds I know gsm hspa has the fastest data speeds and like you said tmobile will soon be flipping a switch, so if they do that I'm fully aware of what that means in terms of data speeds but that will not increase voice coverage which is my personal main concern.
They're only going to invest in a little expansion of their voice coverage at the time. They won't invest more money in voice coverage until they can move up a spot on the top 4 list. Their plan is to sweeten the data coverage so much that it makes people on other carriers (people finding data limitations and expenses) horny to come to T-Mobile for 3G+. Then they hope to jump to 3rd place where they will have more capital to invest in expanding coverage.

Overall, sometimes coverage is a poor excuse. On the surface, those Verizon map commercials are so attractive, but when you really look at it, who gives a shit if you have coverage in Bum****, Idaho.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You mean other than what clearwire themselves said?

Let me ask you this- do you know anything about any of this? Are you disagreeing with my position? What is your stance on the issue?
My opinion is that if you have no technical knowledge of the technologies, then your opinion is worthless.

And yes, I do know, and if you want to stick to what Bill Morrow has said, then read this http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/16/c...uld-be-easy-t/

A software update. Most of their infrastructure will support both standards. Overnight software update.

On your other opinion, on releasing the statement to appease stock holders. Your timing was off, so yes I disagree. They released it well ahead of any Sprint quarter performance results.

Here are the facts. WiMax is a 4G technology here today, it's not a standard in the works (LTE). They can roll out a 4G network that supports WiMax, that will build revenue for them years ahead of any competitor. If the market calls for them to switch to LTE, they can support it, and have a network that has been out there for 2 years, positioning them well ahead of competitors.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

Last edited by SporkLover; 12-31-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
My opinion is that if you have no technical knowledge of the technologies, then your opinion is worthless.

And yes, I do know, and if you want to stick to what Bill Morrow has said, then read this http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/16/c...uld-be-easy-t/

A software update. Most of their infrastructure will support both standards. Overnight software update.
So basically Sprint just admitting to wasting company money investing in WiMax. If they need to make statements like that saying they can just upgrade the software (we'll see), then maybe they should have just invested in LTE in the first place. Especially since it's theoretically faster technology.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Is there going to be an HD2+keyboard combo coming to Sprint?

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned User

Also, read some of the comments from that article you posted...pretty funny...

Quote:
"I live in Portland, OR. Clearwire choose to roll out WiMax here about 3 months ago. Awful. Simply Awful. I work in a UPS store and all their returns are handled through UPS. We see approximately 5 to 10 people returning and cancelling every week. There technical support isn't very technical and their sales people are lying through their teeth. The tech support guys told one customer to climb on his roof with his laptop to see if he get signal. In a city that has rain so many days out of the year what good is it going to do him if he has to be on his roof to use it.

It might be a smarter decision to adopt WindowsME beta as your primary operating system."
Quote:
"Both WiMax and LTE can use either TDD or FDD however. But, Clearwire's claim that it is just a software change to upgrade from WiMax to LTE is pure marketing BS. They must be real nervous. There wouldn't be a computer, plug, socket, wire or antenna left from Wimax after they switched out to LTE.

I bet that when the CEO asked the CTO if such a change was possible, the CTO knew in his gut he had to answer "yes" or be fired.

Sure they can change the software - but the software runs on different hardware, so they will have to change the hardware too, and FDD hardware uses different antennas and cell plans, not to mention that all those subscribers who bought WiMax terminals will suddenly find they have gone the way of DAMPS and the Tandy Color Computer, and they will have to switch to LTE terminals."
Quote:
"I hope the CEO means that software upgrade is from UMTS to LTE and not WiMax to LTE. As far as i know WiMax to LTE s/w upgrade is not a "overnightly" affair."
Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Is there going to be an HD2+keyboard combo coming to Sprint?
am i the only one who thinks hd2 with keyboard is way too big? Don't you think the leo itself is almost too big? Look at what the keyboard did to the touch, it became a mogul. the diamond is the same as tp1, imagio and pure to tp2 and look how much bigger they are. hd2 with keyboard will be a netbook in your pocket.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Banned User

Quote:
am i the only one who thinks hd2 with keyboard is way too big? Don't you think the leo itself is almost too big? Look at what the keyboard did to the touch, it became a mogul. the diamond is the same as tp1, imagio and pure to tp2 and look how much bigger they are. hd2 with keyboard will be a netbook in your pocket.
Do people really put their smartphone in pockets?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Do people really put their smartphone in pockets?
since i got the tp2 i've started putting my phone in my pocket. the belt case is gone in my book.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
saltydawg after making these statements you're obviously just saying whatever comes to your mind, no body is going to tmobile because of better coverage. and sprint is just as good as verizon's network, they are both cdma. whenever i travel (and i mean across country, a different state every 2 months) I know for sure when i touch down i will have service, tmobile it will be 50/50. Just last month i went to atlanta (to me this is a major city, i don't know about you) I had coverage everywhere. My home girl had signal only half the time, that alone is a nightmare that only happens with tmobile.
So wait, Cricket has just as good of a network as Verizon then because both are CDMA? Is that what you are telling me? LOL! Man, you are in over your head here. Trust me, Sprint's network is NOT anywhere even close to Verizon's. Yes, both are CDMA. That has very little to do with anything. Why don't you do some reading. After you research this a bit, you'll understand that technologically speaking, GSM is better than CDMA. CDMA may have better coverage in your area, but that doesn't mean the technology is better. And, again, I can link you to the T-Mobile forum on Howard Forums right now and show you literally thousands of people all tellin gyou how much better their T-Mobile service is than Sprint. So don't think the 5 people in this thread claiming Sprint is better means anything. It's all about the coverage in your own particular area. Sounds like Sprint has good coverage in your area. Good for you. But you are out of your mind if you think they have good coverage everywhere. Heck, I could link you to the Sprint forums on Howard Forums and you'll see plenty of current Sprint customers complaining about their coverage. I don't know where you got the idea that Sprint is known for good coverage, but you are sorely mistaken. They have always been only 1 step above T-Mobile in that regard (and T-Mobile has better voice coverage, Sprint was just better on 3G coverage). But with the improvements T-Mobile has made (and continues to make) they are certainly a lot closer to Sprint in data coverage, and will almost certainly pass them in the near future. People in this thread (yourself included) seem to be stuck in the past. Heck, 2 years ago T-Mobile didn't have any 3G coverage at all, anywhere. Now they have every major city covered and are working on the rural areas. Another thing about T-Mobile- they don't list something as covered on their map until it has been totally tested and confirmed. For example, T-Mobile just barely listed my area as having 3G on their map like 2 months ago, but I have a friend at work that has had 3G on his G1 since the day it launched.

Quote:
who needs proof on paper when we all have friends with tmobile, and we've all heard the stories in this thread alone. you guys are talking like people are just making up the stories of the horrible experience people have had. SaltyDawg is not doing anything you said, you just agree with him. Why do you think tmobile has the cheapest plans. tmobile is the dennys of restaraunts, the low man on the todem pole. the only thing under tmobile in terms of network service is metro.
Uh, the Sprint plan I am on right now is cheaper than anything on T-Mobile. And this is after T-Mobile just cut their prices a month or so ago. Sprint has been the cheapest for quite a while now. And don't even get me started on stories about bad service. For every stopry about T-Mobile's bad service, I can probably dig up 20 about Sprint's bad service. I understand that this forum is full of a bunch of Sprint customers so their opinion is biased. But go over to XDA, where it is mostly GSM people and ask if people would rather have T-Mobile or Sprint- you'll get a totally different answer than here. Go over to XDA and ask if CDMA is better than GSM, you'll probably get laughed at.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
if the can make an hd2 with keyboard thinner than the tp2 i would get it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2