PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

I have an issue here maybe.... I've been using the last "Kitchen" since Dec., radio upgrade, and Verizon GPS hack with no problems. A week or 2 ago my phone starts resetting itself randomly and I finally called Verizon tech support (This is a brand new phone I got in December 200 and they recommended that I upgrade my phones firmware (Flashing my phone basically to MR1 or MR2 rom basically).....yes, flashing my phone !!!!
I was having the same issue with my GPS at about the same time but it wasn't that important at the time as opposed to have a phone that worked.

This was the site they sent me to get the rom to flash my phone with: http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...zon%20Wireless

I flashed to "MR2" and phone seemed to work fine minus all the a nice goodies that came with the "kitchen" but the new issue is that I can't use my GPS anymore.
What do I do at this point to get my GPS back and still use MR2 rom ?

thanks...
Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

So far I've tried using Valhalla GPSServer and can't get my GPS to work....even added the suggested tweaks from XDA.....
When I flashed the phone the first time to MR2, I tried the "aGPS" hack and couldn't get it to work but wasn't aware of the tweaks that I see here now so I didn't get to apply them...
I don't have a custom rom so I assume I should be using "Valhalla GPSServer", am I correct ?

thanks..
Old 04-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
I would back everything up (not by imaging eg.Sprite, etc) and hard reset.

Follow this and you will be fine:

Downgrade bootloader using nue-relocker, downgrade to Verizon pre-GPS rom 2.09.605.8, upgrade bootloader using nue2.47, upgrade to radio 3.42.50, upgrade to DCD 3.26, upgrade to Telus aGPS settings using QPST and my Telus cab.

My signature on all my posts has links most of the stuff from above (relocking instrux and downloads for nueRelocker and VZW preGPS ROM are in the wiki from first link, and the rest is self-explanatory).

JoshKeller, I am having a helluva time trying to get aGPS working. I have tried the above to step by step and still not getting any locks at all. I have tried several other things as well.

My next effort is attempting to upgrade to Stock Verizon MR2 rom, then use the Valhalla GPS Server. The only problem is the link to the cab is down. I cant find it anywhere. Could you post a link to the Valhalla cab download so I can try MR2 to get my aGPS back?

Also, does the valhalla cab include all the necessary settings for aGPS on verizon? It looks like you just install the cab, and soft-reset to get aGPS working.

Thanks for any help and suggestions. Oh, I am willing to host the files on my own personal server. I hate deadlinks.. LOL.

OH, one more question... when I upgrade to MR2, I need to cancel the customizations correct? I have been so far.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
JoshKeller, I am having a helluva time trying to get aGPS working. I have tried the above to step by step and still not getting any locks at all. I have tried several other things as well.

My next effort is attempting to upgrade to Stock Verizon MR2 rom, then use the Valhalla GPS Server. The only problem is the link to the cab is down. I cant find it anywhere. Could you post a link to the Valhalla cab download so I can try MR2 to get my aGPS back?

Also, does the valhalla cab include all the necessary settings for aGPS on verizon? It looks like you just install the cab, and soft-reset to get aGPS working.

Thanks for any help and suggestions. Oh, I am willing to host the files on my own personal server. I hate deadlinks.. LOL.

OH, one more question... when I upgrade to MR2, I need to cancel the customizations correct? I have been so far.
So you need to download the Valhalla from the attachment to this post and the Serf Telus aGPS for Valhalla cab with instructions from this link here. You just install the Valhalla cab then Serf aGPS fix, then *22899 and let reset.

Can't say for sure about the customizations for MR2, anyone have any experience with this? I don't care for anything Verizon puts on their phones, which is the reason why I only run custom roms

If you want to use custom roms you need to downgrade from MR1/2 to a preGPS rom such as VZW 2.09 from here then upgrade to new radio and DCD or whatever (use the links in my signature for what I use).

Last edited by joshkeller77; 04-08-2009 at 11:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Thanks for posting the files. I tried them with no luck.

I installed the valhalla legends cab and the valhalla Serf cab on my MR2 rom. I also checked the registry settings and they look ok. I did the soft reboot using *22899, but I still cant get a lock on anything. I even installed QuickGPS and downloaded the latest update for it.

Googlemaps will say "initializing GPS" then i get the error screen stating no GPS found.

Holux Mini-GPS viewer will not lock. Wont find the first sat and i let it run over 5 minutes.

HTC QuickGPS doesnt find anything after letting it run for 5 mintes. I am totally confused as to what to do next. GPS was working fine a few weeks ago. Now I cant get the first dang sat to lock.

What elses should I try?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Do you have your location turned on, on the phone?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

What elses should I try?

Did you check location and external GPS settings? Try a second *22899

Revert to old VZW aGPS IP settings and then back to Telus. Hard reset or install MR1.

Sorry you are having a time with this. Can you get a lock on mode = 0?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Linux Administrator

Yeah. Location is on, externa; GPS settings are correct, and I did second *22899.

TRied reverting to old verizon aGPS settings, then going back to Telus. Did another *22899.

then I changed to mode 0 in both the HTC/SUPL_GPS and the Valhalla legends reg entry. then did another *22899

No dice. Still cant get any locks.. LOL. Man I am having a time with this.

I guess I will try going with MR1 tonight to see if that helps.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I guess I will try going with MR1 tonight to see if that helps.
Before going to MR1 downgrade the rom to completely remove any problems. Do the following thread. After downgrading, install MR1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
Old 04-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Linux Administrator

OK. Update. Verizon has sent me a new phone under warranty (due to no data on a recent flash... they couldnt figure it out).

So, I have MR2 with verizon latest stuff. My data is working great now, and it seems faster.

I installed valhalla gps server from the link in this thread and also did the valhalla serf telus cab.

I still dont get anything on locks. It will run for like 30 minutes and not find the first dang sat.

Should I go with a custom rom ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan