View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
joshkeller77
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
JoshKeller, I am having a helluva time trying to get aGPS working. I have tried the above to step by step and still not getting any locks at all. I have tried several other things as well.

My next effort is attempting to upgrade to Stock Verizon MR2 rom, then use the Valhalla GPS Server. The only problem is the link to the cab is down. I cant find it anywhere. Could you post a link to the Valhalla cab download so I can try MR2 to get my aGPS back?

Also, does the valhalla cab include all the necessary settings for aGPS on verizon? It looks like you just install the cab, and soft-reset to get aGPS working.

Thanks for any help and suggestions. Oh, I am willing to host the files on my own personal server. I hate deadlinks.. LOL.

OH, one more question... when I upgrade to MR2, I need to cancel the customizations correct? I have been so far.
So you need to download the Valhalla from the attachment to this post and the Serf Telus aGPS for Valhalla cab with instructions from this link here. You just install the Valhalla cab then Serf aGPS fix, then *22899 and let reset.

Can't say for sure about the customizations for MR2, anyone have any experience with this? I don't care for anything Verizon puts on their phones, which is the reason why I only run custom roms

If you want to use custom roms you need to downgrade from MR1/2 to a preGPS rom such as VZW 2.09 from here then upgrade to new radio and DCD or whatever (use the links in my signature for what I use).

Last edited by joshkeller77; 04-08-2009 at 11:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.