PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

From another thread (Vogue forum)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenikonian View Post
... Using PHM Regedit I changed the following key from 2 to 0. I'm not sure what the GPS modes are... I saw this tip on XDA Developers.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\Mode = 0
I can verify that it has had some effect on the aGPS. It has worked for me so far (~20mins or so)... Might be worth a try for others as well...

Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
I can verify that it has had some effect on the aGPS. It has worked for me so far (~20mins or so)... Might be worth a try for others as well...
I am pretty sure that is just a fluke. Changing that gps mode under vahalla server shouldn't do anything to effect the gps. If anything I think it might eliminate agps and just use standalone gps. But I have been known to be wrong.

Last edited by drewcam888; 03-19-2009 at 01:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I am pretty sure that is just a fluke. Changing that gps mode under vahalla server shouldn't do anything to effect the gps. If anything I think it might eliminate agps and just use standalone gps. But I have been known to be wrong.
I would tend to agree with this, any settings you change there will most likely disable aGPS and make GPS just work by itself to find sats. There may be some minor benefit to this cause the phone is doing one less thing by looking for aGPS server. I don't think this is a solution to the problem we are having.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor

That does make sense... In thinking about registries, a "0" would most likely mean "off"...
Old 03-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Mine quit working on Monday morning. I got it working again after pulling out the battery for 30 seconds. But I don't usually get a lock indoors anymore. Outdoors it's anywhere from immediate to 30 seconds.

The battery thing may have just been coincidence. Haven't seen anyone else say this worked.

I can't complain. I rarely need GPS to find my way around indoors and the nav software is working fine outdoors.

I'm just missing the snappy performance provided by gc14's tutorial.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Mine quit working on Monday morning. I got it working again after pulling out the battery for 30 seconds. But I don't usually get a lock indoors anymore. Outdoors it's anywhere from immediate to 30 seconds.

The battery thing may have just been coincidence. Haven't seen anyone else say this worked.

I can't complain. I rarely need GPS to find my way around indoors and the nav software is working fine outdoors.

I'm just missing the snappy performance provided by gc14's tutorial.
I think it is more important that you soft reset which seems to help if you are having problems locking, whether that be using *228, soft reset button, or pulling the battery. Outdoors seems to be nearly the only way to get a lock now reliably. I can see five inside but no lock.

I am testing the other aGPS server IP addresses and will report back later. Seems to be faster, but from what I remember you need 8 hours or so for your phone to have a true cold start. Outside I was getting immediate to 30 second locks too, a bit faster with Alltel settings rather than VZW. No better inside with Alltel.

Thanks to IIIboredIII for some input to get me going in the right direction.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragoat View Post
Could it be that when the GPS is activiated it calls home somehow to see if you are a VZ Navigator customer before allowing the GPS to work for other applications. Just a thought, probaly way off base
Way off base. We aren't vz nav customers and haven't been for a while. We have 2 phones alike and they both seem to have feiled at the same time. I am going to flash to mr2 and try some tweaks, if that dosen't work then its back to a custom rom to see what happens.

RD
Old 03-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cali_rail is a n00b

I'm running mr2 with valhalla plus the reg edits off xda and get 6 to 8 sat locks under 10 sec. in Ca. I think this is w/out the aGPS....
Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon 6800

Walrus61 is a n00b

Mine smoked and won't work since last weekend. Using the program "GPS Viewer" I can see the communication strings from the GPS to the application and it seems that the strings sent by the gps chips that I used to see were filled with data are now just strings of commas. Does this mean that the GPS has somehow been deactivated? Too much coincidence for this to be just the posters phones all going down at the same time. This is either the GPS signal being changed, which I highly doubt or Verizon having distirubuted some firmware update that zanked everyones GPS.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

mine still working march 20th no problem 7 sats under 10 seconds

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan