View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 04:37 PM
joshkeller77
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW aGPS issues anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Mine quit working on Monday morning. I got it working again after pulling out the battery for 30 seconds. But I don't usually get a lock indoors anymore. Outdoors it's anywhere from immediate to 30 seconds.

The battery thing may have just been coincidence. Haven't seen anyone else say this worked.

I can't complain. I rarely need GPS to find my way around indoors and the nav software is working fine outdoors.

I'm just missing the snappy performance provided by gc14's tutorial.
I think it is more important that you soft reset which seems to help if you are having problems locking, whether that be using *228, soft reset button, or pulling the battery. Outdoors seems to be nearly the only way to get a lock now reliably. I can see five inside but no lock.

I am testing the other aGPS server IP addresses and will report back later. Seems to be faster, but from what I remember you need 8 hours or so for your phone to have a true cold start. Outside I was getting immediate to 30 second locks too, a bit faster with Alltel settings rather than VZW. No better inside with Alltel.

Thanks to IIIboredIII for some input to get me going in the right direction.