PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Caller ID Not Working After Froyo

For me personally the battery life has been about the same between 2.1 and 2.2.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Only Fring reopens, and like I said, after I either close it in the "task manager" or exit out of it in the app itself. And I know what they say about task managers because I have read them. That's why I said I had no 3rd party task apps installed.

I have since wiped it clean and started over. With no apps installed (stock) and overnight which was roughly 8 hours, it has lost 60%. I'm going to chalk it up to maybe a faulty battery. Going to test a little more.

I'm not a control freak....but I do need my phone to last more than a few hours throughout the day. If android knows best, then thier should be a text msg from them explaining my problem and how to fix it......
Fring runs as a cached app. It isn't actually running or connecting to the internet. You don't have a problem other than you've got something the size of a portable tv in your pocket talking to computers in outer space and you're expecting the battery to last a long time. Sorry, but you got the wrong phone. Android and htc aren't responsible for how you use the phone, only how to clean up when you're done. Not every maid is a decorator.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: sprint

bigdrewdc is a n00b

Ok I sill have the problem. I have tested this on two other phone that have the 2.2 ota update and they have the same issue. for whatever reason it does not happen all the time but it does happen. Is anyone else still having this problem
Old 08-10-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor
re: FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

No longer can edit an event in calendar without it losing the previous description. Someone else pointed this out and said could be a setting but I have looked and searched here and nothing. Anyone?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO. Coming from Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

Garwood71 is just getting started

Hi peoples. Stock, no root, and freshly installed OTA 2.2 . I now have about 1800 songs that are unknown artist, which makes it difficult to find my music that I want to hear. These are WA files. Is there a way to refresh the SD card through a PC and have them restored? Hours upon hours of ripping. This is why I waited to update because I wanted to see how things shaked out and of course this isssue was brought up only once with no resolution. Thank-you for any advice.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Fring runs as a cached app. It isn't actually running or connecting to the internet. You don't have a problem other than you've got something the size of a portable tv in your pocket talking to computers in outer space and you're expecting the battery to last a long time. Sorry, but you got the wrong phone. Android and htc aren't responsible for how you use the phone, only how to clean up when you're done. Not every maid is a decorator.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Dude, why don't you try to be a little helpfull instead of being an ass. Your rude comments just shows the immaturity you posess. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would help with solutions instead of a half-baked attempt at comedy.

Last edited by gator352; 08-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM
N00b

bigdrewdc is a n00b

Just did this to move the thread to the top ofthe list. this is a serious problem
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: the mighty EVO

Fabulas is a n00b

I'm having the same problem. It only shows the number of the incomming caller and I don't recognize it. Very annoying!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
N00b

bigdrewdc is a n00b

I knew i was not crazy. Is there anybody else? I hope that is there is enough people with this problem that someone will find a fix!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Dude, why don't you try to be a little helpfull instead of being an ass. Your rude comments just shows the immaturity you posess. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would help with solutions instead of a half-baked attempt at comedy.
I obviously know better than you, because i'm not the one asking questions that have been answered 1000 times over.

If you haven't gotten the point by now, i am justified in giving up hope for you understanding. You want suggestions? here you go

Turn off 4g all the time. Use the toggle widget to turn off 3g every time you are going to go more than 10 minutes without using it. Turn off auto sync. Do not use wifi. Avoid opening pdf's over 10 pages because they are processor intensive. Turn the screen brightness all the way down. If you don't plan on receiving phone calls, turn on airplane mode. Never use any automatic task killer. When charging, when the light turns green for "fully charged", unplug the phone, turn it off, plug it in and wait for the light to turn green. When it does, turn it back on and plug it in. When the light turns green again, unplug and enjoy. Disable flash in the browser. Use a 3rd party browser so it won't render in the background. Do not use any widgets, especially ones that pull data. Do not use live wallpaper. Do not record videos longer than 3 minutes. Do not use the flash EVER. Turn off all haptic feedback. Uninstall any apps that display persistent notification. Do not use ANY app that tells you your battery percentage (they poll the battery as often if not more than the stock notification bar battery indicator)

Doing all of these will make your battery life upwards of 24 hours. They also make the phone pointless to own.

I'll make it easy for you: http://tinyurl.com/25uy4zu

Now kindly rtfm.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish