PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Major battery issues on Froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
LED Desire Light has issues, do you have that installed to use as a flashlight?
No, I do not have that installed.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
re: FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Using a task manager will hurt your battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Not using any task managers either.....I kill my apps in the running services...
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Not using any task managers either.....I kill my apps in the running services...
That would be a task manager, and you are using it. See my above post.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Gatornator

Ok, it's a task manager, ya know, the one that came stock with the phone. It's not like you can uninstall it or anything. So don't use it? Then how would you suggest closing apps such as the media player? I know Fring you can exit out of, but it still is in the running services and continues running until you end it in running services. So basically your saying don't use it because it wreaks havok on your battery. Great. But whether you touch it or not, it is still being used by the system. So it's a moot point.

Besides, I should have said that I'm not using a 3rd party task manager.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

izzyforreal is just getting started
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
flash 10.1 doesn't play hulu theres a flipping bug bs
That's not a Flash problem, that's a "Hulu wants control over which devices can play their content" problem.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
If you close those asps, they reopen automatically taking up cpu doing so. If you leave them alone, they use 0 cpu. Fring had an exit option. Actually, just google "should I use a task manager" SPOILER: the answer is no. there's only been one app over my 5 android phones in the last year that has made it necessary to use a task manager. That app is grooveshark. Anything else, stop being a control freak about it. Android knows better than you in this case.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: sprint

bigdrewdc is a n00b
Exclamation Caller ID Not Working After Froyo

I've had a problem with my phone since the ota froyo update, if i am on a call and i get a second call (call waiting) the caller id does not work. The second caller is in my phone book of course but it will not shot the name of the person calling. I have tried a hard reset and tried it with no apps installed on my phone but have had no luck. I have searched this site and many others and have only come across this thread that was about the same problem but no one responded. This is very annoying please help!!

Thanx
Old 08-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Re: Caller ID Not Working After Froyo

I noticed the other day this same problem. I am unrooted on the new Froyo official update.

EDIT: Just tested this and found it to not be a problem anymore. Not sure what changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdrewdc View Post
I've had a problem with my phone since the ota froyo update, if i am on a call and i get a second call (call waiting) the caller id does not work. The second caller is in my phone book of course but it will not shot the name of the person calling. I have tried a hard reset and tried it with no apps installed on my phone but have had no luck. I have searched this site and many others and have only come across this thread that was about the same problem but no one responded. This is very annoying please help!!

Thanx

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 08-10-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Gatornator

Only Fring reopens, and like I said, after I either close it in the "task manager" or exit out of it in the app itself. And I know what they say about task managers because I have read them. That's why I said I had no 3rd party task apps installed.

I have since wiped it clean and started over. With no apps installed (stock) and overnight which was roughly 8 hours, it has lost 60%. I'm going to chalk it up to maybe a faulty battery. Going to test a little more.

I'm not a control freak....but I do need my phone to last more than a few hours throughout the day. If android knows best, then thier should be a text msg from them explaining my problem and how to fix it......
Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Have you signed off of Google TALK and changed the setting to not automatically log you in? Have you uninstalled LED Flashlight that has a known problem with always running in the background on 2.2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Only Fring reopens, and like I said, after I either close it in the "task manager" or exit out of it in the app itself. And I know what they say about task managers because I have read them. That's why I said I had no 3rd party task apps installed.

I have since wiped it clean and started over. With no apps installed (stock) and overnight which was roughly 8 hours, it has lost 60%. I'm going to chalk it up to maybe a faulty battery. Going to test a little more.

I'm not a control freak....but I do need my phone to last more than a few hours throughout the day. If android knows best, then thier should be a text msg from them explaining my problem and how to fix it......

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish