PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130298)

johnnycakes2 07-31-2010 12:08 PM

FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

I manually downloaded FroYo 2.2 on 7/30. Yes, it may have been premature and I am well aware that the final build will be out on 8/3. Still, it was released to the test-bedders for the purposes of real-world usage and the determination of any issues. These are some of the bugs I have encountered. Not everyone has them, but after exploring the forums over the past 24-hours I know I am not alone with many of these challenges. Perhaps Sprint and HTC will take notice. We shall see.

BUG #1: CAMERA -- I have access to it sometimes, but not always and consistently. Strangely enough, if I use the LED Light widget first (great, BTW) and then try the Camera app, I can gain access. By not having access to the camera, you lose Google Goggles, Barcode Scanner, the monocle feature in Yelp!, etc. etc. Also, when I do happen to get access and then exit out, some of the icons on my desktop do a sort of jig, a previously unseen and unnecessary side-effect.

BUG #2: POP-UPS -- When in Running Applications tab, in the Manage Apps process, occasionally the screen with the choices for "Charge only, HTC Sync, Disk drive, USB tethering, etc." will appear for no good reason. It is not the result of an accidental swipe, touch of the soft-keys or jarring of the USB cable. It is a definite bug.

BUG #3: FLASH 10.1 -- Maybe not a bug, since it does work, but I've noticed a slight lag and stutter/crawl in scrolling of any Internet page, even those without flash. You can deactivate flash by deselecting the Javascript option in Settings, but methinks they released this too soon.

BUG #4: WIDGETS -- Some of the HTC-specific ones, i.e. the weather and news widgets, now have a delay in loading whereas in 2.1 they were instantaneous.

BUG #5: EXITING APPS -- Sometimes when leaving an app, a white screen with the HTC logo and the "loading" splash screen appear, something that has never happened before.

I can hear many of you saying these are trivial points and that you have none of these issues. It's true, with the exception of the camera issue, the rest are negotiable. But we all love our EVOs, and if you're anything like me then you know the moment something isn't the way it was or is supposed to be. Sprint and HTC might do many things to the final build over the next 72 hours, but I'd like to know if anyone else out there is experiencing anything out of the ordinary since their upgrade?

It certainly couldn't hurt to make a list.

BenC 07-31-2010 12:58 PM

Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

The camera issue I can verify.

NuLLKiLL 07-31-2010 01:05 PM

flash 10.1 doesn't play hulu theres a flipping bug bs

pwbarrett 07-31-2010 01:18 PM

Here's one:
If you use a dialer code like ##DATA#, it recognizes it, but if you select Edit mode, you can't enter your MSL because the keypad doesn't respond.

[Turned out to just be a stupid 1-time hint dialog that had focus. Once closed, keypad worked.]

Spiderman313 07-31-2010 01:20 PM

He was just trying to be helpful, but I see some people don't like helpful info. I hit thanks for you Original Poster, I appreciate the info.

johnnycakes2 07-31-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1891681)
He was just trying to be helpful, but I see some people don't like helpful info. I hit thanks for you Original Poster, I appreciate the info.

Thanks to you as well.

My only concern now is if Sprint and HTC release the OTA update on 8/3 with the build number still being .3 -- the same as the one leaked on 7/30. If they make any changes, anyone who already downloaded will see their phone fail to recognize the update as it bears the same build #. Of course if they make any changes then the build # should change, but that isn't always the case. Again, these are perils of early adoption, but they should number the OTA .4 though I highly doubt they will.

MrDSL 07-31-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL (Post 1891650)
flash 10.1 doesn't play hulu theres a flipping bug bs

Its my understanding Hulu blocks this. You could try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732081 but not sure if it will work with this version.

wjrandon 07-31-2010 02:07 PM

Has anyone else noticed the bug "feature" where if you're using Google Navigation and playing music in the HTC stock music player when the turn-by-turn voice navigation starts it completely shuts down the HTC music player. That's pretty annoying when driving. That's the only bug I've discovered.

jambaj0e 07-31-2010 02:13 PM

I have two gmail accounts that I sync on my EVO running Froyo. One account syncs incoming email just fine, but the second account doesn't automatically download new emails. I can only get it by refreshing it.

This wasn't a problem with 2.1. Any ideas?

mazpro 07-31-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambaj0e (Post 1891769)
I have two gmail accounts that I sync on my EVO running Froyo. One account syncs incoming email just fine, but the second account doesn't automatically download new emails. I can only get it by refreshing it.

This wasn't a problem with 2.1. Any ideas?

You will need to go to settings-accounts and make sure the that account is syncing.. at least that fixed that issue for me when I started using 2.2.