PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

I manually downloaded FroYo 2.2 on 7/30. Yes, it may have been premature and I am well aware that the final build will be out on 8/3. Still, it was released to the test-bedders for the purposes of real-world usage and the determination of any issues. These are some of the bugs I have encountered. Not everyone has them, but after exploring the forums over the past 24-hours I know I am not alone with many of these challenges. Perhaps Sprint and HTC will take notice. We shall see.

BUG #1: CAMERA -- I have access to it sometimes, but not always and consistently. Strangely enough, if I use the LED Light widget first (great, BTW) and then try the Camera app, I can gain access. By not having access to the camera, you lose Google Goggles, Barcode Scanner, the monocle feature in Yelp!, etc. etc. Also, when I do happen to get access and then exit out, some of the icons on my desktop do a sort of jig, a previously unseen and unnecessary side-effect.

BUG #2: POP-UPS -- When in Running Applications tab, in the Manage Apps process, occasionally the screen with the choices for "Charge only, HTC Sync, Disk drive, USB tethering, etc." will appear for no good reason. It is not the result of an accidental swipe, touch of the soft-keys or jarring of the USB cable. It is a definite bug.

BUG #3: FLASH 10.1 -- Maybe not a bug, since it does work, but I've noticed a slight lag and stutter/crawl in scrolling of any Internet page, even those without flash. You can deactivate flash by deselecting the Javascript option in Settings, but methinks they released this too soon.

BUG #4: WIDGETS -- Some of the HTC-specific ones, i.e. the weather and news widgets, now have a delay in loading whereas in 2.1 they were instantaneous.

BUG #5: EXITING APPS -- Sometimes when leaving an app, a white screen with the HTC logo and the "loading" splash screen appear, something that has never happened before.

I can hear many of you saying these are trivial points and that you have none of these issues. It's true, with the exception of the camera issue, the rest are negotiable. But we all love our EVOs, and if you're anything like me then you know the moment something isn't the way it was or is supposed to be. Sprint and HTC might do many things to the final build over the next 72 hours, but I'd like to know if anyone else out there is experiencing anything out of the ordinary since their upgrade?

It certainly couldn't hurt to make a list.

Last edited by johnnycakes2; 07-31-2010 at 12:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

The camera issue I can verify.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

flash 10.1 doesn't play hulu theres a flipping bug bs

Last edited by NuLLKiLL; 07-31-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

pwbarrett is a n00b

Here's one:
If you use a dialer code like ##DATA#, it recognizes it, but if you select Edit mode, you can't enter your MSL because the keypad doesn't respond.

[Turned out to just be a stupid 1-time hint dialog that had focus. Once closed, keypad worked.]

Last edited by pwbarrett; 08-03-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Found cause - operator error
Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

He was just trying to be helpful, but I see some people don't like helpful info. I hit thanks for you Original Poster, I appreciate the info.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
He was just trying to be helpful, but I see some people don't like helpful info. I hit thanks for you Original Poster, I appreciate the info.
Thanks to you as well.

My only concern now is if Sprint and HTC release the OTA update on 8/3 with the build number still being .3 -- the same as the one leaked on 7/30. If they make any changes, anyone who already downloaded will see their phone fail to recognize the update as it bears the same build #. Of course if they make any changes then the build # should change, but that isn't always the case. Again, these are perils of early adoption, but they should number the OTA .4 though I highly doubt they will.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
flash 10.1 doesn't play hulu theres a flipping bug bs
Its my understanding Hulu blocks this. You could try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732081 but not sure if it will work with this version.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Has anyone else noticed the bug "feature" where if you're using Google Navigation and playing music in the HTC stock music player when the turn-by-turn voice navigation starts it completely shuts down the HTC music player. That's pretty annoying when driving. That's the only bug I've discovered.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

jambaj0e is a n00b

I have two gmail accounts that I sync on my EVO running Froyo. One account syncs incoming email just fine, but the second account doesn't automatically download new emails. I can only get it by refreshing it.

This wasn't a problem with 2.1. Any ideas?
Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mazpro is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
I have two gmail accounts that I sync on my EVO running Froyo. One account syncs incoming email just fine, but the second account doesn't automatically download new emails. I can only get it by refreshing it.

This wasn't a problem with 2.1. Any ideas?
You will need to go to settings-accounts and make sure the that account is syncing.. at least that fixed that issue for me when I started using 2.2.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish