PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Totally agree however there is no perfect Rom. It isn't possible to name an OS that has no bugs. And most bugs arise because of additional of features. So since Android 1.0 has less bugs then 2.1 and 2.2, can it be called better?

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
i see your point, however, 1.0 is severely lacking in features compared to 2.1/2.2 lol. I wouldn't even consider Android if I couldn't have 2.x. I just want to know if the bugs with 2.2 are bad enough to make many people stay with 2.1... stock 2.2, not custom. One thing I can't stand in major slow down and lag (I left that behind with WinMo), so I'm wondering if it's been exaggerated of if it really is a big enough issue to avoid the update. I know the benefits of 2.2, but if bugs are bad enough I'm willing to give them up for now btw.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
As long as one has nandroid backup and is already rooted, there is really no risk. If you don't like it, do a restore. There are about 20 some odd 2.2 roms and I would like to say there are like 6 that the naysayers can't talk bad about. I'm on damage and he hasn't even updated in about 3 weeks because there really isn't a need.

As they say, don't knock it Till you try it

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish