PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond-cdma
Carrier: Sprint

gsxrlo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

1- i have the Camera/Camcorder issue, it trys to open but fails.
2 - Web browser opens, loads and at the last second of loading it closes the browser.
3- Market doesnt show any of my downloads, only Maps.
these are some of my bugs so far.
I downloaded the link and did the sd card install. No OTA for me yet.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppertop24 View Post
In regards to the white HTC loading screen, are you guys running any task killers? I used to see this on 2.1 also when i was running Process Manager and even on this rom after i loaded Process Manager and again with ATK. Make sure if you are, you put HTC Sense or com.htc.launcher on the ignore lists. Youre seeing this because Sense is being killed and has to reload. May or may not be the reason, but once i added it to the ignore list i dont see that anymore.
Actually, you got me thinking I don't use an ATK any more but I do use an app called Spare Parts. I remembered it had an option called Activity/Process management. I checked it and somehow..probably while I was messing around sometime...I changed it from normal to aggressive. Once I changed it back (had to also shut down and restart the phone) the problem seems to be fixed.....may have also fixed my camcorder issue as well...but to soon to tell because it did not happen all the time. Thanks..
Old 07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrlo View Post
1- i have the Camera/Camcorder issue, it trys to open but fails.
2 - Web browser opens, loads and at the last second of loading it closes the browser.
3- Market doesnt show any of my downloads, only Maps.
these are some of my bugs so far.
I downloaded the link and did the sd card install. No OTA for me yet.
Wait a little and your apps should show in the market....I upgraded all my apps and restarted my phone ....and most of my issues are gone.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Interesting.. I dont have any of these.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I only have the 1/4 inch white bar that flashes at the top of the screen in landscape, only sometimes, when I start the camera/camcorder. It looks like it has a small picture and may be a word or two...but disappears to fast to read and only happens every so often. Not really a problem...just wish I new what it was.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic
Carrier: sprint

ghettocowboy248 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to ghettocowboy248 Send a message via Yahoo to ghettocowboy248

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Show me which page it was linked off? I never saw it, only the direct link to the file on HTC servers. its not too hard to poke around a directory.

No company would slip, intentionally, then pull it 2 hours later. If you want some constructivness, any bug list is moot given HTC says its not the final build. Carry on....
you didnt see it because they pulled it before you got a chance to.

and if you recall sprint slipped on the moment 2.1 release, posting it a day early then pulling it.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
I only have the 1/4 inch white bar that flashes at the top of the screen in landscape, only sometimes, when I start the camera/camcorder. It looks like it has a small picture and may be a word or two...but disappears to fast to read and only happens every so often. Not really a problem...just wish I new what it was.

Well I know what it is....its the weather. I see a small cloud (its cloudy here) and the temperature. Now to figure out what is causing it. And I can reproduce it more easily. I put a widget for my camcorder and my camera side by side. When I open one close it and then open the other, I see it most of the time. Very strange...maybe its to tell you what the weather is where you are taking the picture...something like footsteps.

Solved...: it was the "Weather Channel program" When you set a location as "Home" it puts the temperature and info in the bar at the top of your home screen. When I turned removed the home setting...its problem solved.

Last edited by searcher61; 07-31-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
me nether

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

I see all the bugs going on, but as HTC said last night when they took down the links. They did said NOT to download it because its NOT the final release and we WILL have bugs and issues with it and those issues are probably the ones we are all getting now, Aug 3rd is wednesday so its enough time to get this worked out.
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 07-31-2010, 04:54 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
me nether

CW
I have no issues as well.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish