PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: FroYo 2.2 Update -- Bugs & Issues

I will 5th that. I just live with it, charge it between stops and always an extra battery in the area.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I will 5th that. I just live with it, charge it between stops and always an extra battery in the area.
Yeah. I just bought a 2 pack of spare batteries on ebay. Stoked.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

See bradart, I have done ALL (well most) of that with 2.1 as a trail and error and I had great battery life, upwards of 15 hours. If you had actually read my first post you would have understood that my batt problems didn't occur till I updated to 2.2. I implemented most of those tweaks (prior to asking or posting) to no avail. I understand that killing most of those make the phone usless. That's why I experiment to get the most out of my phone while still having decent batt life. Still, by doing most of those batt tweaks, I'm getting 8 or less hours....with 7 hours uptime and 1 hour awake time and I'm down to 15% or less. So I will get a new batt and see if that is my problem.

So no. You don't know more than I. You'd like to think you do. I wouldn't have posted anything if I hadn't tried any of those first. Besides, I posted hoping to think that maybe I could get a little insight on something I may have forgot or something new that someone thought of.

Also....I may have mistaken this for being the bugs and ISSUES thread for the bradart is the android god guru thread. If that's the case, I'm so sorry and what the hell was I thinking...

Last edited by gator352; 08-11-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Have you turn off the Google TALK automatic sign in and ensure that you log out, assuming you don't use that program.

If you have LED Flashlight from the marketplace installed you will also need to uninstall that program, as it was made for 2.1 and has an issue in 2.2 with always being on. It is also not needed anymore as the 2.2 stock has a built in flashlight.

If you look at your battery use, are you seeing the same up time and awake time? That would be a good indicator that something is always running, like LED Flashlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
See bradart, I have done ALL (well most) of that with 2.1 as a trail and error and I had great battery life, upwards of 15 hours. If you had actually read my first post you would have understood that my batt problems didn't occur till I updated to 2.2. I implemented most of those tweaks (prior to asking or posting) to no avail. I understand that killing most of those make the phone usless. That's why I experiment to get the most out of my phone while still having decent batt life. Still, by doing most of those batt tweaks, I'm getting 8 or less hours....with 7 hours uptime and 1 hour awake time and I'm down to 15% or less. So I will get a new batt and see if that is my problem.

So no. You don't know more than I. You'd like to think you do. I wouldn't have posted anything if I hadn't tried any of those first. Besides, I posted hoping to think that maybe I could get a little insight on something I may have forgot or something new that someone thought of.

Also....I may have mistaken this for being the bugs and ISSUES thread for the bradart is the android god guru thread. If that's the case, I'm so sorry and what the hell was I thinking...

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

There are a few people in here that are getting more than a little frustrated. I am not going to name any names, as it is obvious. What I am going to do is kindly remind everyone here that we are here to help and not here to argue.

Please keep this conversation civil moving forward, per the site rules, and remember that on the other end of that nifty computer monitor/phone is a person who deserves respect no matter what.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Have you turn off the Google TALK automatic sign in and ensure that you log out, assuming you don't use that program.

If you have LED Flashlight from the marketplace installed you will also need to uninstall that program, as it was made for 2.1 and has an issue in 2.2 with always being on. It is also not needed anymore as the 2.2 stock has a built in flashlight.

If you look at your battery use, are you seeing the same up time and awake time? That would be a good indicator that something is always running, like LED Flashlight.
Yeah, I have disabled talk and I didn't reinstall LED Flashlite after a full wipe. I'm only getting about 8 hours uptime and 1 hour awake time before it dies so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I appreciate the help, but thanks for reminding me that 2.2 had a built in flashlight. I totally forgot about that

I'm thinking my battery decided to take a dump. I traded batts with my dads EVO to see if that is actually my issue. If so, off to sprint I go!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
There are a few people in here that are getting more than a little frustrated. I am not going to name any names, as it is obvious. What I am going to do is kindly remind everyone here that we are here to help and not here to argue.

Please keep this conversation civil moving forward, per the site rules, and remember that on the other end of that nifty computer monitor/phone is a person who deserves respect no matter what.
Your right rainfreak and thank you!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I have heard there is a marketplace app called spare parts that helps you see what process and applications are running and how often.

That could help you identify if there are any programs keeping your phone on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Yeah, I have disabled talk and I didn't reinstall LED Flashlite after a full wipe. I'm only getting about 8 hours uptime and 1 hour awake time before it dies so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I appreciate the help, but thanks for reminding me that 2.2 had a built in flashlight. I totally forgot about that

I'm thinking my battery decided to take a dump. I traded batts with my dads EVO to see if that is actually my issue. If so, off to sprint I go!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
I have heard there is a marketplace app called spare parts that helps you see what process and applications are running and how often.

That could help you identify if there are any programs keeping your phone on.
I haven't found the spare parts functionality to be very useful. I've had several different apps give me wake locks that spare parts didn't tell me about. I just started uninstalling suspect apps until the problem was fixed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Gatornator

I traded bat with dad at 9am this morning and I'm at 80%. He said his Evo is about dead. Looks as if it's a faulty battery that just happened to coincide with updating to 2.2 and having actually nothing to do with 2.2 itself. It just seemed odd it happened the day I updated...oh well, I guess it happenes! Thanks guys for the help.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish