PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 12:27 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi
You should be able to go here, and run the RUUs

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/

Are these exe files giving you error
I have those already........all with those radio and version numbers on them!

I put the phone in Bootloader>
I highlight "FASTBOOT">
plug the phone up to the computer and the "FASTBOOT" highlighted in RED should have "USB" after it>
run the RUU from the computer and it should flash!

If these are the correct instructions then it doesn't work for me!

Any other way to get back to stock?!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
Ok so I'm ready to root my EVO, so that I can use the free tethering and to customize my Evo. So if my EVO already came pre loaded with the 1.47.651.1, I just follow the steps from post one ****ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)**** Thanks to SteelH ? Or is there an easier way? I saw the 4 step process but figured it wouldn't apply to me because I have the newest OTA. I'm a total newbe to android, I'm coming from a TP2 and there is alot of info. Thanks for the help in advance and pardon my ignorance.
Do the SimpleRoot Method. I'm not going to write a guide for it, but I am going to do a video. It's pretty self-explanatory. Download it. You'll also need the latest HTC Sync install and MS Net Framework.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

Unzip the downloaded file onto you pc and run the SimpleRoot.exe file.
Then just follow the directions on the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt14 View Post
@Fast Have a question I understand the rooting cause i have messed with linux before. but right now i guess the current is Froyo 2.2 right? my friend works at a cell place he says that 2.2 will be avail to download or upgrade to automatic. and he says i should not do this cause it will interfere when they do the release to 2.2. i have seen the benchmarks for the evo running 2.2 will this be same as they release the upgrade? just wondering.
There is no official 2.2 out yet. There are ported versions available but they still have some issues. Like the camera doesn't work.
When Sprint has the official one available, it will probably be pushed as an Over-The-Air (OTA) Update. DO NOT DO THE OTA EVER!!!!
Soon after any upgrades done by Sprint, the smart developers we have here and at XDA get crackin' and they come up w/ a version that doesn't lock your phone down. Their version will always be better. Just wait a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
I have those already........all with those radio and version numbers on them!

I put the phone in Bootloader>
I highlight "FASTBOOT">
plug the phone up to the computer and the "FASTBOOT" highlighted in RED should have "USB" after it>
run the RUU from the computer and it should flash!

If these are the correct instructions then it doesn't work for me!

Any other way to get back to stock?!
Some people have reported success going back to stock using the above method. When they get an error, they don't touch their phone, they just run the ruu again. After several failed attempts, it works for them.

However,that method doesn't work for me either. The only way I was able to go back to stock was to restore an old backup I have from 6/15. When I load that, then I can run the 1.32.651.1 RUU w/ no problem.

You also might try doing the original SimpleRoot method. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6878393
If you're able to apply the original SimpleRoot, then you should be able to use the RUU files to unroot the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankobidient View Post
I am stuck on the step number 5N

".......5N) Open the Internet browser on your phone and go to this website "www.tinyurl.com/evo1234"
Once the page tries to load, the info on the pc will change. It will say "refresh that page or reopen it, reboot and run part2"
On your phone's browser, you need to refresh the page............."

When i am entering that URL on my phone's broswer, its doing nothing. It's just coming up as a blank page and even the cmd is not trigerring any messages.

I am not even getting error coz the page is not loading at all. Even even tried downloading the skyfire, but even that didnt resolve my issue.

Please help me on this. I tried this for more than 2 hours but still no progress.
I just tried it and the page loaded just fine, just like during the root process. Did you try the other page that's listed?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankobidient View Post
I am stuck on the step number 5N
When i am entering that URL on my phone's broswer, its doing nothing. It's just coming up as a blank page and even the cmd is not trigerring any messages.

I am not even getting error coz the page is not loading at all. Even even tried downloading the skyfire, but even that didnt resolve my issue.

Please help me on this. I tried this for more than 2 hours but still no progress.
Loading Skyfire won't help.
Use SimpeRoot method if you're having trouble.
Also, if you don't do exactly as I do in the video and get the same responses along the way, you'll have issues.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

InfiniteReality is a n00b

I've searched and searched to no advail, I must be missing something. I get all the way to the NAND unlock part where you rename eng-PC36IMG to PC36IMG. Did that and when I go into boot and let it read the file, it seems to read it just fine yet when it's done I don't get the option to update like before. I tried several different downloads of the eng-PC36IMG file but no luck.... what am I missing??

Thanks in advanced for my dumb question!!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

InfiniteReality is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteReality View Post
I've searched and searched to no advail, I must be missing something. I get all the way to the NAND unlock part where you rename eng-PC36IMG to PC36IMG. Did that and when I go into boot and let it read the file, it seems to read it just fine yet when it's done I don't get the option to update like before. I tried several different downloads of the eng-PC36IMG file but no luck.... what am I missing??

Thanks in advanced for my dumb question!!
nevermind, got it. 3rd google worked for me finally, just a heads up I tried the one on post #1 twice and never got it to work.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteReality View Post
nevermind, got it. 3rd google worked for me finally, just a heads up I tried the one on post #1 twice and never got it to work.
This is a good point, I had the same problem. One of the .zips is either incomplete or for a different process. Make sure the one you are using is a tad over 170mb. the incorrect one is only ~125mb.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
This is a good point, I had the same problem. One of the .zips is either incomplete or for a different process. Make sure the one you are using is a tad over 170mb. the incorrect one is only ~125mb.
There's nothing currently wrong with the link in Post #1 I just DL'd the eng-PC36IMG and got all 175 MB's of it. So somehow your DL's got corrupted.
Glad you fellers are up and running. Enjoy the awesomeness.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
There's nothing currently wrong with the link in Post #1 I just DL'd the eng-PC36IMG and got all 175 MB's of it. So somehow your DL's got corrupted.
Glad you fellers are up and running. Enjoy the awesomeness.
I think one of the servers/file share services timed out. We thought the download finished, obviously not.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

winmonewbie it let me type everything and i went to update in the white screen i click the up bottom for yes but im in this step n i get another error
2L) In the window that opens, type (do not cut/paste this)
Code:
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery
when i type the first code and click enter it says invalid lenght ..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos