PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yes, Fast's tutorial takes you all the way through Part II.
You're golden Bro. Happy Flashing.
Woohoo. Thanks for the confirmation. I can't believe how easy this backup/restore system is!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Woohoo. Thanks for the confirmation. I can't believe how easy this backup/restore system is!
Just to be clear-you know that's NOT a system to restore your settings and data post flash, right?
A lot of people get that confused.
It's a way to get back to your old ROM if the new one doesnt work or you dont like it.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Just to be clear-you know that's NOT a system to restore your settings and data post flash, right?
A lot of people get that confused.
It's a way to get back to your old ROM if the new one doesnt work or you dont like it.
Let me confirm understanding:

Right now I am running baked snack ROM. If I install all my apps, all my settings etc, then nandroid backup. Then install a new ROM (lets say Fresh for example), I can restore my nandroid backup and baked snack ROM and all my apps and settings are back as is, right?

If I wanted to KEEP fresh in this situation, I would need to use something like Titanium backup to restore just my apps/settings (not the actual system). Thanks!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Let me confirm understanding:

Right now I am running baked snack ROM. If I install all my apps, all my settings etc, then nandroid backup. Then install a new ROM (lets say Fresh for example), I can restore my nandroid backup and baked snack ROM and all my apps and settings are back as is, right?

If I wanted to KEEP fresh in this situation, I would need to use something like Titanium backup to restore just my apps/settings (not the actual system). Thanks!
Yes, that is correct. If you have Baked Snack Rom and do a Nandroid backup, then you install Fresh Rom. You can later restore your Nandroid backup and be right back at Baked Snack Rom like you never left.

Personally, I haven't used Titanium Backup to restore settings.
When you make a Nandroid backup, or a Rom Manager Backup, one of the files created is called data.img.
I simply restore that data.img file back and all my settings/apps return. I've used it across different roms and have not had any issues.

It's pretty simple to do, but you will need to download the Android SDK files.
Here's the post from OMJ's thread that explains it.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=699

Last edited by FastRX8; 07-16-2010 at 10:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: u.s cellular

thankobidient is a n00b
Angry Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

I am stuck on the step number 5N

".......5N) Open the Internet browser on your phone and go to this website "www.tinyurl.com/evo1234"
Once the page tries to load, the info on the pc will change. It will say "refresh that page or reopen it, reboot and run part2"
On your phone's browser, you need to refresh the page............."

When i am entering that URL on my phone's broswer, its doing nothing. It's just coming up as a blank page and even the cmd is not trigerring any messages.

I am not even getting error coz the page is not loading at all. Even even tried downloading the skyfire, but even that didnt resolve my issue.

Please help me on this. I tried this for more than 2 hours but still no progress.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Yes, that is correct. If you have Baked Snack Rom and do a Nandroid backup, then you install Fresh Rom. You can later restore your Nandroid backup and be right back at Baked Snack Rom like you never left.

Personally, I haven't used Titanium Backup to restore settings.
When you make a Nandroid backup, or a Rom Manager Backup, one of the files created is called data.img.
I simply restore that data.img file back and all my settings/apps return. I've used it across different roms and have not had any issues.

It's pretty simple to do, but you will need to download the Android SDK files.
Here's the post from OMJ's thread that explains it.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=699
Awesome, thanks so much buddy....
Old 07-16-2010, 10:59 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

One question...........HOW IN THE HELL DO I FLASH BACK TO STOCK..........or unroot because my Evo won't let me?!

Its like I have permanantly rooted my phone or something!

I need step by step instructions because everywhere I have searched just says to flash the stock rom but I can't........about halfway thru it tells me there's a bootloader error and stops!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
One question...........HOW IN THE HELL DO I FLASH BACK TO STOCK..........or unroot because my Evo won't let me?!

Its like I have permanantly rooted my phone or something!

I need step by step instructions because everywhere I have searched just says to flash the stock rom but I can't........about halfway thru it tells me there's a bootloader error and stops!
You should be able to go here, and run the RUUs

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/

Are these exe files giving you errors?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

Ok so I'm ready to root my EVO, so that I can use the free tethering and to customize my Evo. So if my EVO already came pre loaded with the 1.47.651.1, I just follow the steps from post one ****ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)**** Thanks to SteelH ? Or is there an easier way? I saw the 4 step process but figured it wouldn't apply to me because I have the newest OTA. I'm a total newbe to android, I'm coming from a TP2 and there is alot of info. Thanks for the help in advance and pardon my ignorance.

Last edited by Jspecrx7; 07-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Lurker

danielt14 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to danielt14

@Fast Have a question I understand the rooting cause i have messed with linux before. but right now i guess the current is Froyo 2.2 right? my friend works at a cell place he says that 2.2 will be avail to download or upgrade to automatic. and he says i should not do this cause it will interfere when they do the release to 2.2. i have seen the benchmarks for the evo running 2.2 will this be same as they release the upgrade? just wondering.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos