PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

took 10 minutes with easy click and it ran flawless
Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon, HTC Trophy, Windows 7.5
Carrier: Verizon

Clem2 is becoming a great contributor
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
i'm clicking on the red arrows and nothings happening?
hahahahahahahahah!!!

Too funny !
Old 07-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: Sprint

jshuntersridge1 is a n00b
Re: Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

i am in need of the same help every set of instructions I have tried has not worked my gmail is jshuntersridge3
Old 07-09-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Well that changes things a bit
Look at the post above yours. It looks like you were fine.
Even if you got an error with the root process there's no reason to try to go all the way back to the beginning.
As your finding out the 1.47 software messes with the older RUU's anyway.

Since you did a wipe my guess is that you'd just have to restart the 1.47 root process.
Well yeah I tried to wipe/reset or whatever ya call it but it didnt do anything. I tried to pick up at the next step after where it keeps stalling and I'm not quite sure how to start in the middle of it...do I close the shell and open a fresh one and what to type?? I even tried to go back to the start of the OTA 1.47 rooting to try start over incase I forgot something but I still cant get to the step that comes after the one I kept getting stuck ...maybe if somebody can give me the exact step by step of how to pick up from that point??

Oh and when I try to put my phone into bootloader mode and the HBOOT checks the PC36IMG..it says its older and fails to do whatever its supposed to do so then I got back to the previous screen and if I choose recovery...it goes to the black screen with the /i\ on it and is frozen...only way to unfreeze is to pop the battery off.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well first off you're using the wrong tutorial. Those steps you listed in your first quote are from the root process if you are on the latest OTA software starting with 1.47 and if I remember correctly you said you were not on that software.

Are you getting the 104 Bootloader error when you try to run the RUU for the shipped stock ROM?
I did the right tutorial cuz:

First sucessfully flashed back to the RUU shipped stock ROM

Second I did the OTA 1.47 update

Third I tried to follow the latest OTA software rooting method & kept getting stuck

Fourth I tried to do a factory reset so that I might be able to go back to the RUU shipped stock ROM again and start all over again....the factory reset within the privacy settings of the phone didn't seem to erase anything....

Sixth I tried to run the RUU shipped stock ROM again and this is when I got the Error 140 Bootloader Version Error

Seventh I tried to go into recovery through bootloader to do a wipe of cache & davlick...and ended up stuck with the black screen of /i\ & had to pop the batt off to unfreeze.

In the screen that comes up with bootloader mode it says Ive got 1.47.651.1 with 79.000 instead of 76.200 if that helps??
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Well yeah I tried to wipe/reset or whatever ya call it but it didnt do anything. I tried to pick up at the next step after where it keeps stalling and I'm not quite sure how to start in the middle of it...do I close the shell and open a fresh one and what to type?? I even tried to go back to the start of the OTA 1.47 rooting to try start over incase I forgot something but I still cant get to the step that comes after the one I kept getting stuck ...maybe if somebody can give me the exact step by step of how to pick up from that point??

Oh and when I try to put my phone into bootloader mode and the HBOOT checks the PC36IMG..it says its older and fails to do whatever its supposed to do so then I got back to the previous screen and if I choose recovery...it goes to the black screen with the /i\ on it and is frozen...only way to unfreeze is to pop the battery off.
I have not run this method as I didnt need to. I am trying to unroot my phone so I CAN run the process and understand it better.
Can you try to list the EXACT step you are up to/stuck on? ie 5P, 5O, etc. This will make it much easier to help you.
It sounds like you started over and are getting "stuck" at a certain step? Which one?

(The PC36 error you got usually means the mtd-eng file was not applied correctly. If you wiped, even partially you may need to redo step 5S.)

EDIT:
Quote:
I did the right tutorial cuz:

First sucessfully flashed back to the RUU shipped stock ROM

Second I did the OTA 1.47 update

Third I tried to follow the latest OTA software rooting method & kept getting stuck

Fourth I tried to do a factory reset so that I might be able to go back to the RUU shipped stock ROM again and start all over again....the factory reset within the privacy settings of the phone didn't seem to erase anything....

Sixth I tried to run the RUU shipped stock ROM again and this is when I got the Error 140 Bootloader Version Error

Seventh I tried to go into recovery through bootloader to do a wipe of cache & davlick...and ended up stuck with the black screen of /i\ & had to pop the batt off to unfreeze.

In the screen that comes up with bootloader mode it says Ive got 1.47.651.1 with 79.000 instead of 76.200 if that helps??
Yup, got all that. I understand that you did the OTA before root attempts.
The info on bootloader is fine. It means you are pure stock 1.47.
Start the 1.47 root process again and post up if you get stuck.
As Fast said before, you THOUGHT you were stuck after 5P but it looks like you were fine.
If you run into trouble again, stop, and post up what exact step your stuck at.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-10-2010 at 12:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok...maybe this will help...because I cant figure anything else out...I just tried to go back and start the OTA 1.47 rooting method by fastrx8 from the begining and heres some of the errors from my shell...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\test>cd c:\evo-recovery

c:\evo-recovery>adb-windows shell
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
$ sh /sdcard/part1
sh /sdcard/part1
sh: Can't open /sdcard/part1
$
c:\evo-recovery>adb-windows shell /data/local/part2
error: device not found

$ sh /sdcard/part1
sh /sdcard/part1
$

Does this help?? I hope so! Thanks for all your help I click the thanks button every time
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ok...maybe this will help...because I cant figure anything else out...I just tried to go back and start the OTA 1.47 rooting method by fastrx8 from the begining and heres some of the errors from my shell...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\test>cd c:\evo-recovery

adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
$ sh /sdcard/part1
sh /sdcard/part1
$
c:\evo-recovery>adb-windows shell /data/local/part2
error: device not found

$ sh /sdcard/part1
sh /sdcard/part1
$

Does this help?? I hope so! Thanks for all your help I click the thanks button every time
NP
You will get that error if your device is NOT plugged in with Charge only and USB Debugging enabled. Even if you think you enabled it , check it again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
NP
You will get that error if your device is NOT plugged in with Charge only and USB Debugging enabled. Even if you think you enabled it , check it again.
I checked it like a hundred times...and made sure the debugging was on...and it was set to charge only....weird thing now...my phone is not on the plu right now and the little /i\ debugging thingy is still showing on my phone screen as if Im still connected?

Maybe Im only halfway bricked? lol
Old 07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Could this all be because my port & micro usb are acting funky? (Wiggly & lose as hec!)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos