View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
AYSIANA
PPCGeeks Regular

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Well first off you're using the wrong tutorial. Those steps you listed in your first quote are from the root process if you are on the latest OTA software starting with 1.47 and if I remember correctly you said you were not on that software.

Are you getting the 104 Bootloader error when you try to run the RUU for the shipped stock ROM?
I did the right tutorial cuz:

First sucessfully flashed back to the RUU shipped stock ROM

Second I did the OTA 1.47 update

Third I tried to follow the latest OTA software rooting method & kept getting stuck

Fourth I tried to do a factory reset so that I might be able to go back to the RUU shipped stock ROM again and start all over again....the factory reset within the privacy settings of the phone didn't seem to erase anything....

Sixth I tried to run the RUU shipped stock ROM again and this is when I got the Error 140 Bootloader Version Error

Seventh I tried to go into recovery through bootloader to do a wipe of cache & davlick...and ended up stuck with the black screen of /i\ & had to pop the batt off to unfreeze.

In the screen that comes up with bootloader mode it says Ive got 1.47.651.1 with 79.000 instead of 76.200 if that helps??