View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:34 PM
AYSIANA
PPCGeeks Regular

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Well that changes things a bit
Look at the post above yours. It looks like you were fine.
Even if you got an error with the root process there's no reason to try to go all the way back to the beginning.
As your finding out the 1.47 software messes with the older RUU's anyway.

Since you did a wipe my guess is that you'd just have to restart the 1.47 root process.
Well yeah I tried to wipe/reset or whatever ya call it but it didnt do anything. I tried to pick up at the next step after where it keeps stalling and I'm not quite sure how to start in the middle of it...do I close the shell and open a fresh one and what to type?? I even tried to go back to the start of the OTA 1.47 rooting to try start over incase I forgot something but I still cant get to the step that comes after the one I kept getting stuck ...maybe if somebody can give me the exact step by step of how to pick up from that point??

Oh and when I try to put my phone into bootloader mode and the HBOOT checks the PC36IMG..it says its older and fails to do whatever its supposed to do so then I got back to the previous screen and if I choose recovery...it goes to the black screen with the /i\ on it and is frozen...only way to unfreeze is to pop the battery off.