PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_lost View Post
when i do step 5M, i get this:

visit http://bit.ly/ad0pRn in the EVO Internet browser app
refresh that page or reopen it
/sdcard/part1: cannot create /data/app-cache/com.android.browser/BEC48C17295CAF9
F550BCD500A0A6F03
/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/DE25D64D198E4BF84672045F0EAEE6CE
/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/EAFCD74DF11E57A3571B1E4D0B768134/foo: directory nonexistant
reboot and run part2

after this, i did 5O and P and it seemed to do it correctly so i did 5Q and i just cant get past the "part 2 is scanning"
I honestly don't see how part2 will work w/o part1 first.
I'm assuming you did a factory reset 1st. That error implies that the folder is not being created by the browser when you run the command.
I would try another factory reset and start over.

I'm currently backing up my rom. I'm going to try and flash back to stock and try this whole thing one more time to see if I can find some improvements in the process. Or, at least a way to describe the steps better.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

shanester068 is a n00b
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

When i try to root on a cmd window it says device offline i have htc sync and sdk also on here please help
Old 07-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanester068 View Post
When i try to root on a cmd window it says device offline i have htc sync and sdk also on here please help
What about Charge Only and USB debugging? Check those.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!!!

mikldom is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to mikldom Send a message via Skype™ to mikldom

Thanks for this excellent write up. I did everything as instructed, but had to deviate just a little since I installed the 7-7-2010 version of the sprint lovers rom with the Radio/Wimax fix, then, wiped everything, and did the custom sprint lovers 7-7-2010 rom.

Synced all up, installed all my programs, got them configured, then did the full backup.

Thanks again!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_lost View Post
when i do step 5M, i get this:

visit http://bit.ly/ad0pRn in the EVO Internet browser app
refresh that page or reopen it
/sdcard/part1: cannot create /data/app-cache/com.android.browser/BEC48C17295CAF9
F550BCD500A0A6F03
/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/DE25D64D198E4BF84672045F0EAEE6CE
/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/EAFCD74DF11E57A3571B1E4D0B768134/foo: directory nonexistant
reboot and run part2

after this, i did 5O and P and it seemed to do it correctly so i did 5Q and i just cant get past the "part 2 is scanning"

EDIT: got past this step finally. it seems USB debugging had turned off somehow. so yea... on to the next one.
How are you doing?
I tried to put my phone back to stock, then I updated the OTA so i could redo all these steps.
I came across the same error you had. I found a fix at XDA.
Worked perfectly. I've done this method 4 times now. Only once got an error like your's, but I was able to fix it.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

Here is the link...Have fun!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

If this has been posted already...Mods can shut it down.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

works great.

flashed back to stock rom did the first update , than unrevoked, tether is back oh yeah
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
works great.

flashed back to stock rom did the first update , than unrevoked, tether is back oh yeah
I have yet to do the OTA, so I can just let it install now and unrevoked will still work fine you're saying? (sorry, been "AFK" from the sceen)
Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829

are you kidding me?!!?!!1 i spent 2 hrs last night trying to root my phone. finally got it done at like 1:30 am. ughhh....
well at least its goin to be easy for other people to do it now
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i downloaded the ota

unzipped it into a folder , ran ota, was told i needed to update my dotnet. did that. reran it. I didnt even wipe it out

ran step 1 got the step 4 error but closed it down.

ran step 2

did the browser thing followed the prompts than ran the 3rd step after i finished i went to step 4.

but for me since I have the original shipped RUU i rebooted the phone after it was on the bootloader screen. than i rn the ruu and wall-ah i had the shipped rom , did the first OTA than turned off updates than downloaded revoked and now i have my wireless tether back.

going to wait till a good froyo comes out since the 1.47 didnt do anything for me

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos