View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Well yeah I tried to wipe/reset or whatever ya call it but it didnt do anything. I tried to pick up at the next step after where it keeps stalling and I'm not quite sure how to start in the middle of it...do I close the shell and open a fresh one and what to type?? I even tried to go back to the start of the OTA 1.47 rooting to try start over incase I forgot something but I still cant get to the step that comes after the one I kept getting stuck ...maybe if somebody can give me the exact step by step of how to pick up from that point??

Oh and when I try to put my phone into bootloader mode and the HBOOT checks the PC36IMG..it says its older and fails to do whatever its supposed to do so then I got back to the previous screen and if I choose recovery...it goes to the black screen with the /i\ on it and is frozen...only way to unfreeze is to pop the battery off.
I have not run this method as I didnt need to. I am trying to unroot my phone so I CAN run the process and understand it better.
Can you try to list the EXACT step you are up to/stuck on? ie 5P, 5O, etc. This will make it much easier to help you.
It sounds like you started over and are getting "stuck" at a certain step? Which one?

(The PC36 error you got usually means the mtd-eng file was not applied correctly. If you wiped, even partially you may need to redo step 5S.)

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
I did the right tutorial cuz:

First sucessfully flashed back to the RUU shipped stock ROM

Second I did the OTA 1.47 update

Third I tried to follow the latest OTA software rooting method & kept getting stuck

Fourth I tried to do a factory reset so that I might be able to go back to the RUU shipped stock ROM again and start all over again....the factory reset within the privacy settings of the phone didn't seem to erase anything....

Sixth I tried to run the RUU shipped stock ROM again and this is when I got the Error 140 Bootloader Version Error

Seventh I tried to go into recovery through bootloader to do a wipe of cache & davlick...and ended up stuck with the black screen of /i\ & had to pop the batt off to unfreeze.

In the screen that comes up with bootloader mode it says Ive got 1.47.651.1 with 79.000 instead of 76.200 if that helps??
Yup, got all that. I understand that you did the OTA before root attempts.
The info on bootloader is fine. It means you are pure stock 1.47.
Start the 1.47 root process again and post up if you get stuck.
As Fast said before, you THOUGHT you were stuck after 5P but it looks like you were fine.
If you run into trouble again, stop, and post up what exact step your stuck at.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-10-2010 at 12:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.