PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CFdragon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-Ordered the Phone...Now for Spare Batteries!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Awesome thanks!

CW

Thanks for the info CW and Jim Smith
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Pre-Ordered the Phone...Now for Spare Batteries!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFdragon View Post
Thanks for the info CW and Jim Smith
No problem than you!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

did i read the fine print correctly about the wi-fi? "Sprint Mobile Hotspot add-on required to access Wi-Fi on device." the way i read it is you cannot to a wi-fi connection on the EVO at all unless you pay the hotspot fee. maybe it is just bad wording on their part, but that is exactly what it says.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Did my pre-order yesterday at best buy around noon. There was only one other person on the pre-order list. I wonder if this extra $10 has really turned people off. I bet if it was the new iphone they would have way more people on preorder list.
i am guessing not many people know about the additional $10. i was assuming all along that it was a fee to access 4G and so i was fully prepared to decline it. i don't have 4G in my area and i likely never will....i just want that phone. but i was wrong, so now i am stuck waiting again. the last good phone i had was a treo 700p, YEARS ago. maybe they will end up dropping the fee after a while.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Did my pre-order yesterday at best buy around noon. There was only one other person on the pre-order list. I wonder if this extra $10 has really turned people off. I bet if it was the new iphone they would have way more people on preorder list.
That's what i'm saying, when the Iphone first came out the data plan fees and charges were high as hell but that didn't stop anyone from getting one did it? I know the $10 fee sucks but oh well I tend to think that the next wave of phones on any carrier are gonna to require higher data charges. Data usages are at an all time high. I read an article saying part of the reason for At&t's bad network/service is because of the high data usage on the Iphone. So I guess Sprint is just making sure they can keep the network/service up to standards with your extra $10 a month. Just my two cents on the situation.

On another note, I'm not eligible for a rebate so I have to pay full price oh well. I put down $50 at Best Buy and I also pre-ordered one thru EVP hoping they get them in earlier than the 4th.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

confirmed by my EVP rep. the $10 fee is not discountable

"The Expedia discount would be 18% of the 69.99 plan…making it 57.39. the $10 is not discountable.

Subtotal would be 67.39

-Andrew

its still $2 cheaper than the referral plan. $59.99 + $10
Old 05-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
That's what i'm saying, when the Iphone first came out the data plan fees and charges were high as hell but that didn't stop anyone from getting one did it? I know the $10 fee sucks but oh well I tend to think that the next wave of phones on any carrier are gonna to require higher data charges. Data usages are at an all time high. I read an article saying part of the reason for At&t's bad network/service is because of the high data usage on the Iphone. So I guess Sprint is just making sure they can keep the network/service up to standards with your extra $10 a month. Just my two cents on the situation.

On another note, I'm not eligible for a rebate so I have to pay full price oh well. I put down $50 at Best Buy and I also pre-ordered one thru EVP hoping they get them in earlier than the 4th.
You know you'll be paying way more buying the phone outright from Best Buy, like over 600 I think. From sprint it will only be 450 I believe.

I wonder what are their plans for the next big phone they come out with. As bad ass as the EVO sounds, I doubt it is the same phone I will have in 2 years. Can't remember the last phone I've kept throughout the contract duration LOL. They gotta come out with a better phone in the next 2 years and MAYBE won't require this silly $10 fee.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
You know you'll be paying way more buying the phone outright from Best Buy, like over 600 I think. From sprint it will only be 450 I believe.

I wonder what are their plans for the next big phone they come out with. As bad ass as the EVO sounds, I doubt it is the same phone I will have in 2 years. Can't remember the last phone I've kept throughout the contract duration LOL. They gotta come out with a better phone in the next 2 years and MAYBE won't require this silly $10 fee.
That's why I went ahead and decided to pre-order thru EVP, my rep said $449.99 will be billed to my account when the phone is shipped.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Sprint might have messed up again...lol this might be a bust for them

CW
I would feel sad for them if it turns out to be a bust. Dan Hesse should of done ALL HE COULD to have this phone come out before The Incredible and the HD2 and without the $10 fee.....to absolutely make sure he can get all the customers he could get.

So many people here saying they are part of a few who pre-ordered...that does not bode well for a phone that is supposed to be for the masses , not just "a lot" of people .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
I would feel sad for them if it turns out to be a bust. Dan Hesse should of done ALL HE COULD to have this phone come out before The Incredible and the HD2 and without the $10 fee.....to absolutely make sure he can get all the customers he could get.

So many people here saying they are part of a few who pre-ordered...that does not bode well for a phone that is supposed to be for the masses , not just "a lot" of people .
I hope it's not I wish the best for sprint but they army making people very happy right not

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G