PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

meanbastard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
I'm curious to see when Telesales will allow you to pre-order if they will at all...
I called them yesterday on this, rep on the phone says the earliest you can order from Sprint through Telesales or the website is the June 4th. Only thing you can do is pre-register through Sprint's site. Maybe this will change in the coming weeks, but sounds like no pre-ordering unless it's BB or The Shack.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester95 View Post
That is actually using the same parent company as Radio Shack and Wirefly, Simplexity, not NewEgg. Technically, it is just a referral.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutymez View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am in the club, Just pre ordered mine at Best Buy.. Paid $50 and they did give me a gift card.. It is 4:49pm CST and the salesman says I was only the 2nd person to come in and pre order
I got mine last night at about 8:00. They had almost run out of appointments for June 4th, and it took a while for them to get another copy of the form. Whew!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

just pre-ordered at The Shack, was the 1st person so they had to read over ALL the instructions to make sure, so anyway I paid $50 and they gave me a GC and made sure to stress tht if i dont pick it up tht day then ill loose it (like that'll happen!) lol....
Brooklyn N/Y......
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta®
just pre-ordered at The Shack, was the 1st person so they had to read over ALL the instructions to make sure, so anyway I paid $50 and they gave me a GC and made sure to stress tht if i dont pick it up tht day then ill loose it (like that'll happen!) lol....
Brooklyn N/Y......
lol..good stuff.. I'm actually at the front doors of The Shack...No one, and I mean no one will get it in my way. Evo..you're mine..lol I'm actually the only one here..thinking there would be a line..I came early..lol I called BB and the Shack..the Shack has the better deal. I talked to a Sprint rep, and said he tried telesales, and got denied.. presale at a retail store is the way to go.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduranthunder View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

lol..good stuff.. I'm actually at the front doors of The Shack...No one, and I mean no one will get it in my way. Evo..you're mine..lol I'm actually the only one here..thinking there would be a line..I came early..lol I called BB and the Shack..the Shack has the better deal. I talked to a Sprint rep, and said he tried telesales, and got denied.. presale at a retail store is the way to go.
I agree $200 and $20 for nothing that's not bad.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

robnelle is a n00b

Here's my problem. I want to preorder this phone today but I am currently out of town for a convention. Can I do the preorder at any Best Buy/Shack and pick up the phone at the BB/Shack nearest my home or would that not work? I would hate to have to wait until I get back from traveling to try and get this phone!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, Touch Pro, EVO 4G

jester95 is just getting started

just got off a chat session with newegg. Looks like I can only use my gift cards towards the purchase of a unlocked phone. not a phone with a plan or upgrade a phone with an existing plan.

I know I can find something else I like at newegg but what I really wanted was this new phone.

What a shame....I feel a bit cheated.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnelle View Post
Here's my problem. I want to preorder this phone today but I am currently out of town for a convention. Can I do the preorder at any Best Buy/Shack and pick up the phone at the BB/Shack nearest my home or would that not work? I would hate to have to wait until I get back from traveling to try and get this phone!
That is something your gonna have to set up with BB but I dont think they are going to let you do that you might just have to wait till you get back home. Sucks!

CW
Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

just pre-ordered mine from the shack..

the guy was like if this isnt your main line your upgrading, you have to leave the store to put it on your main line.. we, the shack, cant do that for you...

i thought youd get charged full retail if you tried that before the 30day mark.. dude at the shack says he does it all the time.. if you buy from sprint and do mail in rebate, you have to wait 30 days or you lose the MIR.. but at retailers with instant rebate ie best buy and the shack, then you can swap esn's right away... thats pretty neat, didnt know you could do it right away i suppose... dude was pretty adimant that he'd done it many many times and tells other people to do it all the time..

and the shacks the way to go cuz you get that 20 bucks for nothing.. even if you dont wanat an acessory from them, spend it on something else from them then..

***anyone that went to the shack for preorder notice that 16gb sandisk cards were $119 and 8gb were on sale for 22.99 lol i even said something to the guy about it.. funny stuff**

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G