PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Carrier: Sprint

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Pre-ordered mine yesterday from BB in NYC. Got my $50 card. The dude there said there was alot of pre-orders yesterday so im lucky i got mine. He also said they will call me the day before, June 3rd to pick it up. Not sure how true that is but it would be awesome.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

i am about 15 pages behind and i am at work so i cannot read through all of it, but i thought i would post up what i just found out from spring in the event it has not been posted. i called and asked about the $10 premium data fee and i was told it is not a fee for 4G, it is a fee for the phone. so they are selling the EVO for $199 (incl $100 rebate) but then charge you an additional $240 ($10/mo x 24 mo contract) spread out over the length of your contract. i think that is shady and so i will not be placing a pre-order. i have been looking forward to getting this phone since it was first talked about last year, and now i have a big plate of disappointment. $10 per month is not a lot of money, but it is the ethics behind it that i do not agree with.

the CS girl told me her notes say to tell me to think of it as paying for first class on an airplane. i need to pay $10 a month to "access the fast processor". i laughed and said good day.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:20 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
i am about 15 pages behind and i am at work so i cannot read through all of it, but i thought i would post up what i just found out from spring in the event it has not been posted. i called and asked about the $10 premium data fee and i was told it is not a fee for 4G, it is a fee for the phone. so they are selling the EVO for $199 (incl $100 rebate) but then charge you an additional $240 ($10/mo x 24 mo contract) spread out over the length of your contract. i think that is shady and so i will not be placing a pre-order. i have been looking forward to getting this phone since it was first talked about last year, and now i have a big plate of disappointment. $10 per month is not a lot of money, but it is the ethics behind it that i do not agree with.

the CS girl told me her notes say to tell me to think of it as paying for first class on an airplane. i need to pay $10 a month to "access the fast processor". i laughed and said good day.
I get your point, it is valid but Im still willing to pay the extra $$...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Kmagn13 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The $10 is not a big deal for me....Just wish BB would have told me if I would be getting my phone early....Did not say if they would be calling...or if im suppose to just show up

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The $10 is not a big deal for me....Just wish BB would have told me if I would be getting my phone early....Did not say if they would be calling...or if im suppose to just show up
It says that you can pick your phone up on the 4th of June and you MUST pick it up by the 5th of June.

CW
Old 05-14-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I pre-ordered at Radio Shack this morning. First one to do it. The rep hadn't heard of it and had to look up how to do the transaction. Even though two of my lines are eligible for a full upgrade, I'm going to activate the EVO on a new (5th) line of my family plan. If I'm feeling it, I will return it, cancel the line and activate one on my main line. I will probably wait for a price drop from BB or RS. It didn't take long for the HD2 to drop to $99. Hopefully the EVO will follow suit.

It's going to a long 3 weeks.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

Congo123 is a n00b

Just placed my preorder at my local radio shack New Orleans, LA....dying for this phone as the screen on my touch finally gave out last night, and had to esn switch to a phone that seems confused that it is the 21st century.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:53 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo123 View Post
Just placed my preorder at my local radio shack New Orleans, LA....dying for this phone as the screen on my touch finally gave out last night, and had to esn switch to a phone that seems confused that it is the 21st century.
I have a TP2 you can buy...cheap and I dont require a new contract...lol

CW
Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Did my pre-order yesterday at best buy around noon. There was only one other person on the pre-order list. I wonder if this extra $10 has really turned people off. I bet if it was the new iphone they would have way more people on preorder list.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Did my pre-order yesterday at best buy around noon. There was only one other person on the pre-order list. I wonder if this extra $10 has really turned people off. I bet if it was the new iphone they would have way more people on preorder list.
Sprint might have messed up again...lol this might be a bust for them

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G