PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

taylor7667 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

I know that the Shack is supposed to take pre-orders some time later this month. Any thoughts on Bestbuy or any other retailers? Any other options than standing in line at my Sprint store on June 4th?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

daniel0260 is a n00b
Re: Pre-ordering the EVO?

i called bestbuy and radio shack and they said that they didnt know about any pre oreder right now sooo we gotta see and wait
Old 05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HCT TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Chapinator.2 is a n00b

It appears that BB is taking pre-orders but only at local stores for now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HTC Evo.jpg (12.1 KB, 258 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0260 View Post
i called bestbuy and radio shack and they said that they didnt know about any pre oreder right now sooo we gotta see and wait
it is confirmed that radioshack will be taking preorders however, associates haven't been given any further details other than we will, so far anyway
Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

does the shack give you all the discounts instantly like bestbuy??
Old 05-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
does the shack give you all the discounts instantly like bestbuy??
sure do, haven't had a mail in rebate on any phone since last august
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:23 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
HTC EVO 4G will be available in all Sprint retail channels, including Sprint.com and national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Sprint will price the award-winning device at $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes excluded) with a new line activation or eligible upgrade. Pre-registration is available now at www.sprint.com/evo.
http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...oom&ID=1426178

I know there is a difference from Pre-ordering and Pre-registration but just thought I would put this out there just for information purposes. If any of you can remember how the Palm Pre launch happened a year ago, I am guessing it would be done similar at the Sprint Stores. Those customers that Pre-Registered were sent an email that allowed them to enter the Sprint Stores a few hours earlier on launch day (in a few select stores the night before) to purchase the Palm Pre. I would think it would be done about the same this year for the Evo Launch, hopefully with more inventory this time.

Best of luck y'all!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:24 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...oom&ID=1426178

I know there is a difference from Pre-ordering and Pre-registration but just thought I would put this out there just for information purposes. If any of you can remember how the Palm Pre launch happened a year ago, I am guessing it would be done similar at the Sprint Stores. Those customers that Pre-Registered were sent an email that allowed them to enter the Sprint Stores a few hours earlier on launch day (in a few select stores the night before) to purchase the Palm Pre. I would think it would be done about the same this year for the Evo Launch, hopefully with more inventory this time.

Best of luck y'all!
very possible but that would likely be at the sprint stores themselves, i'm really curious to see how radioshack handles preorders of the Evo because they've never done preorders for a phone before, should be interesting....
Old 05-13-2010, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

meanbastard is a n00b

I'm curious at to when Telesales will let you order the phone, usually through them you can get it a few weeks before it shows up at stores.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbastard View Post
I'm curious at to when Telesales will let you order the phone, usually through them you can get it a few weeks before it shows up at stores.
I'm wondering about this also, I'm still in contract but I'm able to charge the phone to my account.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G