PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
I came to the same conclusion. Here is response I got from Sprint:

"Dear Randal Amante,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding wifi service.

You need to add Hotspot add-on for $29.99 in order to Wi-FI to function on EVO handset.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Saxon P.
Sprint"

WTH?!
If this is true that seals the deal for me to not get this phone. Bummer! Sprint remains #3 with this jacked up move. Way to go Dan Hesse!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know if wal-mart is doing a pre-order on this phone as well? Do Wal-mart employee's get a discount on the $199 price?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I wonder if you show something about Radioshack giving a $20 gift card , will Best Buy offer the same. I would get it from Radio Shack but I've already got Best Buy gift cards I'm going to use to buy it.

Been saying this for a few days now...It's right there in black and white just like the 10/month charge.

I bet this phone will not even be "rooted". They are doing this to reduce the chances (greatly I might add) of people taking advantage of those root programs that will do the same thing.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
Been saying this for a few days now...It's right there in black and white just like the 10/month charge.

I bet this phone will not even be "rooted". They are doing this to reduce the chances (greatly I might add) of people taking advantage of those root programs that will do the same thing.
Why do you think this phone will not be rooted? I think it prob will even faster than prev phones.

Shell
Old 05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
I came to the same conclusion. Here is response I got from Sprint:

"Dear Randal Amante,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding wifi service.

You need to add Hotspot add-on for $29.99 in order to Wi-FI to function on EVO handset.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Saxon P.
Sprint"

WTH?!
This is in direct contrast to the reply I got from sprint. They are saying that you will need to pay the $29.99 to use the hotspot feature but not the wifi it self to connect to your own router.

Shell
Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The rumors and interpretations and responses back from Sprint are ridiculous. Being taken completely out of context. When you receive completely contrasting answers, like Shell just said, no one knows exactly what is going on and should be taken with a grain of salt.

The $10 fee is mandatory.... it's not to use the WIFI, it's Sprint's excess data charge considering these phones will have YouTube HQ, Video chat, uploading 720p video, etc etc. Yes it sucks those not in 4g area have it pay this as well, but thats just how it will be for now. So instead of thinking the $10 is to use WIFI its to use data on the phone, PERIOD.

$29.99 to use WIFI? That is lolz... obviously Saxon P is not from the U.S.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO

jdefran is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor7667 View Post
I know that the Shack is supposed to take pre-orders some time later this month. Any thoughts on Bestbuy or any other retailers? Any other options than standing in line at my Sprint store on June 4th?
Hey guys not sure if ya'll came across this but check it out...maybe be worth considering in your decision:

http://www.gadgetsdna.com/radioshack...ift-card/3114/

Think this will be a good option. Not sure what the shack will have for accessories but the gift card can definitely be handy.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Just pre-ordered mine from EVP.....
374.99 plus 100 mail in rebate!

Said I will probably get it on the 2nd or 3rd!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
The rumors and interpretations and responses back from Sprint are ridiculous. Being taken completely out of context. When you receive completely contrasting answers, like Shell just said, no one knows exactly what is going on and should be taken with a grain of salt.

The $10 fee is mandatory.... it's not to use the WIFI, it's Sprint's excess data charge considering these phones will have YouTube HQ, Video chat, uploading 720p video, etc etc. Yes it sucks those not in 4g area have it pay this as well, but thats just how it will be for now. So instead of thinking the $10 is to use WIFI its to use data on the phone, PERIOD.

$29.99 to use WIFI? That is lolz... obviously Saxon P is not from the U.S.
you can tell yourself the $10 fee is for 4G, but if you ask Sprint they say that is not the case. i was told, word for word, that i was to "think of it like paying extra for a first class seat on an airplane." they want you to pay $10 per month to have an awesome phone. she went on to say that "the $10 per month fee allows you to access the super fast processor." i am not making that up. she read it from a paper she was given yesterday. now sprint's customer service center might not be in india, but it sounds like the evo faq was written there.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:34 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
you can tell yourself the $10 fee is for 4G, but if you ask Sprint they say that is not the case. i was told, word for word, that i was to "think of it like paying extra for a first class seat on an airplane." they want you to pay $10 per month to have an awesome phone. she went on to say that "the $10 per month fee allows you to access the super fast processor." i am not making that up. she read it from a paper she was given yesterday. now sprint's customer service center might not be in india, but it sounds like the evo faq was written there.
You're paying an extra $10/month for the tangible phone. Not for services. You'll buy the phone for $200, and after 24 months your $200 phone becomes the retail $440+ phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G