PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

RussMuscle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JBabey--
Can you post the OEM for the Verizon MMS and the cab file to the PPC FTP site?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
N00b

jack_2231 is a n00b
BigJ, this is THE BEST AKU TO DATE. You fixed some real bugs and incompatibilities that others weren't able to fix just by being super careful in how to did the cooking. I was so impressed that I posted about it here:http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post610386.

THANKS FOR SELECTING HANDYSWITCHER instead of O2, which is inferior. Thanks for making PIE not have to scroll right and left. Thanks for letting me install stuff to the Rom. Thanks for all the optional background themes to choose from and built-in ringtones.

The only problems so far:

1. I couldn't get the phone to vibrate. I can do a Sprint install and hard reset to see if it is this rom, but wanted to ask here first.
EDIT MARCH 8: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\DRIVERS\BUILTIN\ALLLEDMGR]
"Index"=dword:0 change the dword value to 1 to re-enable the LED
fixed this and charging notification, which is important since sometimes the 6700 won't charge (if software isn't working just right) and you will end up with 0 battery power and be dead. THANKS Jamesus (below)!!!

2. Is bt tethering working? If so, what post do I read as a walkthrough to make it work?

3. Is there any reason IGuidance GPS via bluetooth wouldn't work? I had problems but am unsure as to why.

Jack
Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2231
BigJ, this is a very good AKU. I was so impressed that I posted about it here:http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post610386.

THANKS FOR SELECTING HANDYSWITCHER instead of O2, which is inferior. Thanks for making PIE not have to scroll right and left. Thanks for letting me install stuff to the Rom.

The only problems so far:

1. I couldn't get the phone to vibrate. I can do a Sprint install and hard reset to see if it is this rom, but wanted to ask here first.

2. Is bt tethering working? If so, what post do I read as a walkthrough to make it work?

3. Is there any reason IGuidance GPS via bluetooth wouldn't work? I had problems but am unsure as to why.

Jack
@ 1 - There is the post on the first page as to the fix. It is due to having the LEDs turned off.

@ 2 - I don't think BT tethering is wokring in the 3.5s yet, but as I don't use it, I don't keep current on it.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
3:30 in the freaking morning, and I got MMS to work properly... i want to shoot myself in the head

To get it to work properly, i decided to go the long route, build my own OEM package from scratch, find all the stupid files that get put in the phone that DO NOT show up in the .cab file and ignore the registry completely because I cant get it to build properly into the hive file.

so..... end result, the latest & greatest version of the MMS is now functioning from the latest verizon rom 3.0.6.24 and built completely into the ROM (saving you fellas 4.33 megs of space)

and..... the registry entries & outlook MMS-inbox creation are done by a CAB file.
___

i know its one more thing to install, you can setup the config.txt to autorun it on a hard reset, and the file is only 280k. but not only does it work properly, and quickly, and all that other crap, but it PROPERLY sets up the outlook MMS-inbox (wich NONE of the OEM packages do properly... they point to bad execute locations) and it allows the threaded app to no longer interfere with the MMS settings when building so they play nice now.

So i guess in the end its a compromise.... its 99% integrated into the ROM, but I seriously found no other way to get it to work properly 100% of the time. Your still going in saving over 4 megs of storage space, so I hope its a compromise you guys can live with.

I also tore through my TODO list and integrated some of the requested programs that you guys have asked for. Some will, unfortunately, not be incorporated into my ROM I found WindowsLive to be HIGHLY unstable, and a massive drain on battery, and slow the whole stupid phone down. AND it required the MSN files, wich are a freaking nightmare on battery & EVDO connection interference.

goodness im rambling again... anyways check out the front page sometime tomorow, im to tired to package everything up and upload it. Thanks for your patience on r9.3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

what to look forward to TOMOROW! (errr.... later today)

[x]-working MMS for Sprint!

[x]-resampled the custom audio in higher quality, resampled the default ring, changed some alarms around, and changed default.wav to suit the theme

[x]-found smallmenu to cascade, i dont like it much, but its there & better than wisbar

[x]-updated coreplayer to 081 w/ additional plugins to support more formats

[x]-added wm6rdp OEM package from FIN (works awesome!)

[x]-add LIVE Search (livesearch is freakin cool, thanks for the suggestion)

[x]-added flashlight program per request (neat, but be careful to not burnout the LED)

[x]-removed IA_Zip program as winrar is superior

[x]-added SoftKey control panel applet (change your left & right softkeys via a gui in the settings!

[x]-Put Galaga in Games to complete namco collection

[x]-found that carrierlogo.gif is enabled in AKU3.5 so you guys can customize your dialpad (ill post a screenshot & instructions later)

[x]-got rid of almost all the help files, updated the GETMMSvideo dll file for the camera to work better with the newer version of ArcSoft MMS
BigJ, you're a stud! This is freaking awesome! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! =D> =D> =D> =D> I've been using your roms since r8 (which was only like 2 weeks ago, if that. lol) and I've loved everyone of them. You keep putting in more stuff that I would put in my rom if I could build one. Just want to say thanks again for all your hard work. Here's a couple of rep points...Cheers mate!
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
BigJ, this is THE BEST AKU TO DATE. You fixed some real bugs and incompatibilities that others weren't able to fix just by being super careful in how to did the cooking. I was so impressed that I posted about it here:http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post610386.

Jack
wow, thanks! ....

1-The "not charging" issue, I have experienced myself with every 3.5 ROM i have tried. Sard, colonel, kev, ... i think the suspend on the 3.5 AKU is uber, and when you plug the phone in while its "off", it never flags itself to charge. To avoid it, i just turn the phone on and then plug it in.... havent had an issue since i started doing that

2-BT tethering is a known issue with the PAN/DUN "stuffs" that has not yet been resolved in the kitchen, that *may* also be the issue that Iguidance isnt working... but I remember a thread on here about Iguidance and how to get it resolved. It was a single reg key that stopped the program from fullscreening and crashing.

I just read that the dev team is testing an update to the kitchen... there was no information on what exactly they are testing, but hopefully we have some bluetooth fixes, a properly working wmodem u can launch w/out having to softreset etc. There are some issues that are part of the aku that I dont have the technical skillz to troubleshoot and resolve myself (or hell id join the dev team) but rest assured... as they patch up our wonderful kitchen I will rebuild so their efforts are not wasted.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
N00b

jack_2231 is a n00b
Quote:
1-The "not charging" issue, I have experienced myself with every 3.5 ROM i have tried. Sard, colonel, kev, ... i think the suspend on the 3.5
Just to be real clear and avoid misundering what I was trying to say, any good electronic device SHOULD handle all charging features in HARDWARE. Even if the phone isn't bootable, the hardware should allow the battery to charge. But HTC decided to let the software control charging. The result is that charging won't always occur. An example of this is that the phone doesn't charge while teathering via USB DUN, so you will run out of battery power if you use the phone as an internet device. For this reason alone, you probably should include the above registry patch and turn on the LED in your next AKU (9.4). (The other reason is to allow vibrating to work again.) The LED and vibration features are both good things IMO. Perhaps you already did this in 9.3, I will find out in an hour when I download it.

Quote:
the dev team is testing an update to the kitchen
Who exactly is "the development team?" Sounds so official. Is this the colonel and co. or some salaried HTC people?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Who exactly is "the development team?" Sounds so official. Is this the colonel and co. or some salaried HTC people?
There is in fact an official dev team. There's a whole forum just for development called 'PocketPC Development'. You'll find all the answers to your questions about the dev team there.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Lurker

BlackRT is a n00b
ARRRRRGGG Rapid Share! I downloaded the latest version and it was corrupt for some reason. I go to download again and now I have to wait 68 mins? Cant we find a better file hosting site?

Thanks for the hard work btw.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRT
ARRRRRGGG Rapid Share! I downloaded the latest version and it was corrupt for some reason. I go to download again and now I have to wait 68 mins? Cant we find a better file hosting site?

Thanks for the hard work btw.
ya some were mentioned earlier, im uploading to the "woofiles" one right now, ill update the front page w/ the links shortly.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

added woofile download links on the front page, hope this helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache