View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
dannzeman
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
3:30 in the freaking morning, and I got MMS to work properly... i want to shoot myself in the head

To get it to work properly, i decided to go the long route, build my own OEM package from scratch, find all the stupid files that get put in the phone that DO NOT show up in the .cab file and ignore the registry completely because I cant get it to build properly into the hive file.

so..... end result, the latest & greatest version of the MMS is now functioning from the latest verizon rom 3.0.6.24 and built completely into the ROM (saving you fellas 4.33 megs of space)

and..... the registry entries & outlook MMS-inbox creation are done by a CAB file.
___

i know its one more thing to install, you can setup the config.txt to autorun it on a hard reset, and the file is only 280k. but not only does it work properly, and quickly, and all that other crap, but it PROPERLY sets up the outlook MMS-inbox (wich NONE of the OEM packages do properly... they point to bad execute locations) and it allows the threaded app to no longer interfere with the MMS settings when building so they play nice now.

So i guess in the end its a compromise.... its 99% integrated into the ROM, but I seriously found no other way to get it to work properly 100% of the time. Your still going in saving over 4 megs of storage space, so I hope its a compromise you guys can live with.

I also tore through my TODO list and integrated some of the requested programs that you guys have asked for. Some will, unfortunately, not be incorporated into my ROM I found WindowsLive to be HIGHLY unstable, and a massive drain on battery, and slow the whole stupid phone down. AND it required the MSN files, wich are a freaking nightmare on battery & EVDO connection interference.

goodness im rambling again... anyways check out the front page sometime tomorow, im to tired to package everything up and upload it. Thanks for your patience on r9.3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

what to look forward to TOMOROW! (errr.... later today)

[x]-working MMS for Sprint!

[x]-resampled the custom audio in higher quality, resampled the default ring, changed some alarms around, and changed default.wav to suit the theme

[x]-found smallmenu to cascade, i dont like it much, but its there & better than wisbar

[x]-updated coreplayer to 081 w/ additional plugins to support more formats

[x]-added wm6rdp OEM package from FIN (works awesome!)

[x]-add LIVE Search (livesearch is freakin cool, thanks for the suggestion)

[x]-added flashlight program per request (neat, but be careful to not burnout the LED)

[x]-removed IA_Zip program as winrar is superior

[x]-added SoftKey control panel applet (change your left & right softkeys via a gui in the settings!

[x]-Put Galaga in Games to complete namco collection

[x]-found that carrierlogo.gif is enabled in AKU3.5 so you guys can customize your dialpad (ill post a screenshot & instructions later)

[x]-got rid of almost all the help files, updated the GETMMSvideo dll file for the camera to work better with the newer version of ArcSoft MMS
BigJ, you're a stud! This is freaking awesome! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! =D> =D> =D> =D> I've been using your roms since r8 (which was only like 2 weeks ago, if that. lol) and I've loved everyone of them. You keep putting in more stuff that I would put in my rom if I could build one. Just want to say thanks again for all your hard work. Here's a couple of rep points...Cheers mate!
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.