PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Added a Verizon ROM on the first page, the only differences are this

No SPRINT customization built into the ROM, ## codes dont work, no IOTA, etc.

MMS configuration needs to be set with a Verizon Server, delete the Sprint one and add the Verizon settings.

~> Preliminary tests from my buddy w/ a vz 6700 said that once the "customization" runs, that the ## codes all work again and no issues with messaging & internet was working... did not test MMS after verizon server was setup and set to default

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If someone wants to build a VERIZON OEM package, and an MMS .rgu with verizon server settings I will gladly incorporate those so you guys can also use your ext.rom instead of leaving your customization files in there.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
I have an MMS OEM with VZW customizations. Unless someone beats me to it... It's on my pc at work, I'll pm it to you monday Big.J. It;s one hat I'm using in my kitchen right now, it does everything. There is 1 key that I nabbed from the registry if a working phone, it's your phone number, I'll leave it in, but I'll change the key to "your10digitphonenumbergoeshere"... I really dont know if its even needed, but its there.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Lurker

madmodder is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
I will build you a revision 9.1 without any sprint customizations, I will use a generic MMS OEM as well so you will have to manually put in the verizon settings for picturemail.

Please let me know if everything works, and I will release all of my ROM updates as two packages... one for Sprint, and one built w/out the Sprint Stuffs for you Verizon peeps.

Gimme about 30 mins to build it and flash it on one of our returns to make sure everything else works.
Wow, thanks!

BTW, I have read a little about building a custom rom but didn't even know it was possible until a few days ago so I am a complete noob. What does it take to modify the start up images?

Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 AM
N00b

jvcjbl is a n00b
JBabey:

Do you know the server settings he used for verizon on the palm sms software. I can't seem to get it to send pics at all... or does anyone know the proper settings?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl
JBabey:

Do you know the server settings he used for verizon on the palm sms software. I can't seem to get it to send pics at all... or does anyone know the proper settings?
That program will not work for sending MMS, it was a known issue that was never fixed (and unfortunately will probably never be fixed )

You must send pic mail from outlook, using the MMS account. You can find it by opening pocket oulook (inbox) and pressing your stick to the right or left until you see "MMS" at the top, then you should be able to send an MMS. This is assuming that you are using the ROM with the correct VZ settings.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
HOW DO I GET RID OF THE MMS PROGRAM AND HAVE IT RETURN TO THE ORGINAL SPRINT SO IT HAS THE TEXT MESSENGING LIST UNDER THE MESSEGING ICON, I DONT WANT TWO SEPERATE TODAY SCREEN PLUG INS FOR TEXT AND EMAIL. SPRINT LETS YOU SELECT BY A PULL DOWN MENU.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
also need to edit the all systems are functional. it is way to loud, i can hear it a mile away, what is the name of the file so i replace it with the standard sprint sound.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just flashed the new version of this ROM (9.1) and i noticed two problems so far:

1. When you enable "Devic Lock" under Settings -> System -> Device Lock, you get an error stating that "cannot execute "%InstallDir%\DeviceLock.exe"" when the device wakes up. It looks like it cant find the executable, if you go directly to the exe file, it works fine.

2. Sending MMS appears to work, however i have not found any evidence that the other person is getting the pic mail. I sent one to myself as a test, the message was sent, but i got nothing. I sent another to my email address, same result.

Anyone else having the same issues?

-s
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski
also need to edit the all systems are functional. it is way to loud, i can hear it a mile away, what is the name of the file so i replace it with the standard sprint sound.
LOL, i believe the file name is "PhoneOn.wav"

-s
Old 03-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski
HOW DO I GET RID OF THE MMS PROGRAM AND HAVE IT RETURN TO THE ORGINAL SPRINT SO IT HAS THE TEXT MESSENGING LIST UNDER THE MESSEGING ICON, I DONT WANT TWO SEPERATE TODAY SCREEN PLUG INS FOR TEXT AND EMAIL. SPRINT LETS YOU SELECT BY A PULL DOWN MENU.

screen realestate is valuable this would be nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache