PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is an AWESOME ROM!
Mario is the bomb! Glad this is the first 3.5Rom I used, it may even be the only. And smartdialer WORKS!!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
N00b

jvcjbl is a n00b
That is a bummer to hear about that sms program having known issues. I installed the verizon mms .cab from the and it works just like to OEM rom does. Is it possible to change to soft key from "sms" to the "mms".... also is it even possible to remove the entire sms software so I can revert to the verizon mms software?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

effortless is just getting started
can't get button 5 to start voice command? error about the shortcut target.

get rid of wisbar, fix mms for verizon (change the sms right soft button to something else), and make the mario alarms sound a bit crisper/louder (the 1st one has obvious noise in it)..

I'm not complaining, just think you have the best release so far, and this will make sure of it.

thanks!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE LEFT SOFT BUTTON BACK TO THE CALANDER.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless
can't get button 5 to start voice command? error about the shortcut target.

get rid of wisbar, fix mms for verizon (change the sms right soft button to something else), and make the mario alarms sound a bit crisper/louder (the 1st one has obvious noise in it)..

I'm not complaining, just think you have the best release so far, and this will make sure of it.

thanks!
I used 'buttons' settings to change button #5 to MSVC. Left softkey changes can be found in 'Registry' part of this forum.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:46 PM
N00b

jvcjbl is a n00b
That is a bummer to hear about that sms program having known issues. I installed the verizon mms .cab from the and it works just like to OEM rom does. Is it possible to change to soft key from "sms" to the "mms".... also is it even possible to remove the entire sms software so I can revert to the verizon mms software?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
disable the threaded SMS & use pocketoutlook for sms (delete all the files for it under program files and soft reset). you can also just put your inbox on the today screen and use the leftsoftkey to get into SMS quickly

This is the entry that changes the left softkey.... this will be the LAST time i post things that are already on page 1.

Quote:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 2]
@="SMS"
"Open"="\\Windows\\messaging.exe"
++++++++++++

I am not able to duplicate the devicelock issue. I flashed 3 phones back here, and cant duplicate that issue. I would try maybe reflashing, or a hard reset and let me know if its still an issue. The "DeviceLock" that shows up under settings is controlled by the .cpl file for the program (thats what gets things to show up under settings & not programs)

++++++++++++

The power on sound is "Default.wav" and its a .1 second "blip" pulled off the original Sprint ROM (as you requested). If your phone is to loud, there is a volume slider on the left side of your phone that you can nudge down to lower your volume. The ringer default is called "Windows Default .wav" you can overwrite that file with any wav you want using Resco.

++++++++++++

The MMS settings are all accurate, my girlfriend did say she did not get my pic mail, but on my end it showed as sent, and i have gotten no errors. I would "like" to choc that one up to Sprint having a real sh*tty pic mail network. Ill delete out the Sprint server under settings and re-create it and see if that helps, ill post back my results.

There was a gentlemen a few posts up that is going to upload a VZ-MMS oem package for me so Ill incorporate that as soon as I get ahold of it.

Your going to have to hit up someone with verizon for "txt" msg settings, I was unawares there were any settings... just files that take over the phones default handling of txt messages.

++++++++++++

I just got some new audio software to clean up the mario samples so I will actually redo those for you guys np, and yes, if nobody is using the wisbar ill GLADLY remove it, i left it in there for a buddy of mine who is obsessed with the cascading menu feature, ill dig around and see if theres something that will JUST do cascading menus w/out having wis-sh*t installed.

++++++++++++

*whew* i hope i got everything. thanks for the quick responses and feedback to make this the best ROM ever!

Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
ok, i reflashed, hard reset multiple times and i can't seem to get around the device lock errors.

When i do the following to enable the device lock (so that the device locks when the 6700 wakes up), i get the error seen in the third image.

Guess i'll have to live without it

When i use the device lock here (under programs), no error is seen.

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
OMFG haha, thank you for the screenshots to reproduce... I have actually never used that option.

After reading & duplicating your problem, i did some research and found a program called "OnLOCK" that I will build into the rom and test. I may also try to correct the DLL that sets up the devicelock program to point to windows instead of %installdir% and see if that works.

I apologize for the mis-understanding. let me get cooking and ill post back here shortly, with I get it resolved.

BTW, I used to have a cool freeware screenshot program for the PPC and cant seem to find it any longer. What program are you using to take the screenshots?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Found the source of the problem, i had to change the value in HKLM\Software\DeviceLock. ModuleLocation is set to %installdir% instead of the windows folder.

Once I made the change, soft reset, and no more problems

Hope this helps someone else who may have the same problem.

-s

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache