PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher
Found the source of the problem, i had to change the value in HKLM\Software\DeviceLock. ModuleLocation is set to %installdir% instead of the windows folder.

Once I made the change, soft reset, and no more problems

Hope this helps someone else who may have the same problem.

-s
ROFL solved the problem for me while i was typing a response... ill build that into the next revision and correct my OEM package.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
OMFG haha, thank you for the screenshots to reproduce... I have actually never used that option.

After reading & duplicating your problem, i did some research and found a program called "OnLOCK" that I will build into the rom and test. I may also try to correct the DLL that sets up the devicelock program to point to windows instead of %installdir% and see if that works.

I apologize for the mis-understanding. let me get cooking and ill post back here shortly, with I get it resolved.

BTW, I used to have a cool freeware screenshot program for the PPC and cant seem to find it any longer. What program are you using to take the screenshots?
I am currently using Jeyo Mobile Companion for screenshots. It does some other stuff like let you back up sms messages, however it can't see messages when you are using the palm sms threader so I only use if for screenshots now. Its cool though because you dont have to install anything on your PPC, it does everything for you from a PC installation!

You can check it out at the link below. And unfortunately its not freeware.

http://www.jeyo.com/

There might be a few apps in the software section of this site, although i haven't checked lately.

EDIT: Freeware Screen Capture App:

http://ppcgeeks.com/screen-capture-f...n+capture.html

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey

ROFL solved the problem for me while i was typing a response... ill build that into the next revision and correct my OEM package.

Thanks!!!
LOL anytime, good luck with the MMS fix, i have no ideas on that one

I wonder if it is a sprint issue, is anyone who is not using this rom having issues with sending pic messages?

-s
Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
This is awesome! BigJ is coming out with newer roms faster than I can download them. Just keep 'em coming and we'll keep testing. Thanks for all your work! I really appreciate it.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
This is my first post here, but I just wanted to express my appreciation to the OP for all the time and effort that goes into these builds. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

TinMan is a n00b
I just installed this ROM, and am on verizon, just sent off a pic via mms to the wife with no problems. I did add a verizon ms_nbf to the install package from Big J when I flashed.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
This one looks like the one i will be using. I have a couple of questions.

1. Can you remove any of the games once you install?

2. Memmaid--I have it already. Do i need to re install it again for my purchased copy?

Thanks...Looking forward to doing my first upgrade!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings
This one looks like the one i will be using. I have a couple of questions.

1. Can you remove any of the games once you install?

2. Memmaid--I have it already. Do i need to re install it again for my purchased copy?

Thanks...Looking forward to doing my first upgrade!!!
1 - Since the games are in the ROM you cant remove them, you could just simply delete their shortcuts in \windows\start menu\games\

2- No, you will not need to re-install, simply enter your registration code when you launch the program (its the latest 1.73)

3 - Gimme like 30 mins to test the BT MSVC fix, i think i got it figured out then ill be upping a new revision!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

slypher....

seriously bro, thank you for that PM, you led me right to the cause of the MSVC BT issue.

Slypher pointed me to the registry entry that was screwing the whole thing up. The funny thing is.... that reg entry is CORRECT in the OEM .rgu registry file... what I did not realize, is that the OS entry for cyberon VC is placed *AFTER* the OEM folders are all built to ROM, so the old cyberon entry was being written into the entry where MSVC needed to be. You see since cyberon is built into the original AKU, the OS builds itself to have its registry entries. The file/folder you delete is the file that captures the cberon VC audio and routes it, since MSVC uses a different route, the DLL cant handle the request and fubars. SOOOOOOO....... in your kitchen....

(and yes ill upload a new MSVC OEM)... delete the \btagext.dll\ folder from \OEM\Serial_BTUR.dll\ (dont worry that file is only used to capture Cyberon VC routes...

once that is deleted, make a copy of vcbthag.dll from the MSVC directory and name it btagext.dll

thats it, now your MSVC dll file named btagext.dll will get written in where the cyberon one was, and will now route audio properly through MSVC!!!!

have fun all you kitchen builders! and enjoy yet another update to this schweeet ROM

and here is the REGISTRY entry you need to modify if you do not wish to REFLASH

Quote:
BT VoiceCommand fix:
Modify this line in your registry (single slashes if modifing directly, as is if importing as .reg file or cooking into a ROM)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Au dioGateway]
"BTAGExtModule"="\\windows\\vcbthag.dll"
Old 03-05-2007, 03:45 AM
N00b

jvcjbl is a n00b
JBabey.... can you look into why I can't send mms messages... I take a video with the mms video selection and I go to make a flix message and it tells me what the video is too big.... if I try to select a video while creating a new message it tells me that there isn't any videos available. Can someone verify the video messaging on verizon with this rom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache