PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sweet, MMS is working. That is 1 thing I did not check to see if it worked. Now has anyone found a solution to view MMS messages in Pocket IE? Since 3.5's I have not been allowed to see picture mail due to browser settings.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

coreywilner is a n00b
Extended Rom

If I have Sprint "Stuff" on my extended ROM, I'm assuming that I have to clean that stuff off and MANUALLY put the data in the Extended_ROM2 directory in the RAR file into the extended ROM? (That sounded confusing)

My comment/question is that it seems this release does not touch the contents of the extended ROM on the phone, correct? And if I have Sprint stuff there, it is going to possibly conflict with the Sprint customizations put in as OEM.

Thanks,
Corey
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Re: Extended Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreywilner
If I have Sprint "Stuff" on my extended ROM, I'm assuming that I have to clean that stuff off and MANUALLY put the data in the Extended_ROM2 directory in the RAR file into the extended ROM? (That sounded confusing)

My comment/question is that it seems this release does not touch the contents of the extended ROM on the phone, correct? And if I have Sprint stuff there, it is going to possibly conflict with the Sprint customizations put in as OEM.

Thanks,
Corey
the ext.rom is not touched... if you have that crap run after a hard reset, your system stability will diminish, i would recomend deleting everything in there. Its all done for you with my ROM.

thanks for trying it out!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
N00b

jack_2231 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
added woofile download links on the front page, hope this helps!
I tried torrenting the files but they didn't seed properly. So I put them on edonkey:

SPRINT:

ed2k://|file|BigJ_r9.3.rar|48123633|E3AD08EE7F3E56761F370 9BCF3FEABC8|/

VERIZON:

ed2k://|file|BigJ_r9.3_vz_.rar|47913620|B1BE48FDEEE1DFF07 9B99636B2660D93|/

EDIT: JUST SEARCH FOR "BIGJ" AND CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST. AND SHARE IT FOR THE NEXT GUY'S SPEED.

Just to give people more options. Cut and paste either link into your browser, and if you have ed2k or a related client installed it should open automatically. It could take a while to trickle into the servers, but you should eventually get it this way without much effort.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

coreywilner is a n00b
Re: Extended Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreywilner

Thanks,
Corey
the ext.rom is not touched... if you have that crap run after a hard reset, your system stability will diminish, i would recommend deleting everything in there. Its all done for you with my ROM.

thanks for trying it out!
Thanks for the response, I'm going to dive right in! Currently running Colonel's 3.3 beta 3, but the performance in mail, calendar, and contacts is abysmal! Trying to activate messaging takes over 30 seconds to launch. It will be interesting to see if this ROM is more efficient. Thanks for your work on this.

Corey
Old 03-09-2007, 01:41 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
If I click on the battery bar on the top to get Battery Info from Batti the info comes up fine but then if I click on 'Settings' in the lower left I get this error:
BigJ, I posted this in Colonel's 3.3 beta 3 thread a while ago and noticed your rom is having the same problem. I see you know the solution but in the reg you named the string "InstalDir" instead of "InstallDir". You are missing the second "l" in the name. I added the new one and it fixed it right up.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

davejet is just getting started
MMS requires you run the spMMS-Registry.cab to enable ???

Okay I give up, I installed this new rom.
But you make a note that :
MMS requires you run the spMMS-Registry.cab to enable

But I can not find this cab anywhere.
Where do I get it so can run it???
Thanks in advance
Old 03-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
This ROM had my name all over it. It's completely Raging Idiot proof.

Actually, Big J was my long ago nickname, which friends from way back still call me. lol

Mario was the name of my game... but this is what called me most loudly to this rom:

Quote:
"-Full .NET2 (I know its controversial but youll never need to worry) "
That is what I've been raging about endlessly to get certain apps to work, like GmobileSync and OggSync.

I don't know exactly why anyone would not want full functionality in this regard, but to each their own.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
wow, good idea whoever thought of woofiles as a host.....download took no time and didn't have to put in any goofy letters and numbers.

I'll be installing the ROM today, sounds like all the major issues are worked out....Congrats J!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
When I try to download from woofile - I get only this message on that page "Hacking attempt."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache