PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

coreywilner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extended Rom

I cleared out my extended ROM and put the files that were in the RAR archive into the ROM. Then I did the reflash of the phone. After Hard Reset, the customizations ran and my Extended ROM is now loaded with all the sprint stuff. Is that the norm? Is that what the Sprint OEM does?

I had expected the files I put in there to be there after the flash, since the flash utility said it was only going to touch the OS.

Did I screw up somewhere?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Couple suggestions...

1. Replace Calender+ with TodayAgenda. It loads faster, plus shows tasks as well.

2. Add HTC X-Button. This is a native HTC program that allows you to really close a program instead of minimize. No extra program to run in background. with that, you can remove HandySwitcher.

edit: looks like you also missed the PhoneSetting_HelpFile.cab in the extended rom for sprint. This is the cab that installs/enables the clear vm option in the Phone app.

edit2: The messaging folder doesnt need to be in Program files, that can be deleted.

edit3: Flash 7 doesnt work. had to install it manually for it to work
Old 03-09-2007, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Havent been running this latest one but just for a coupla hours.

Only thing that's kinda a bummer for me is the lack of the resco today plugin for this particular version of resco (the other ones I have fail with this version)

Wouldn't happen to have a good .cab for that would ya BigJ?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman
Quote:
If I click on the battery bar on the top to get Battery Info from Batti the info comes up fine but then if I click on 'Settings' in the lower left I get this error:
BigJ, I posted this in Colonel's 3.3 beta 3 thread a while ago and noticed your rom is having the same problem. I see you know the solution but in the reg you named the string "InstalDir" instead of "InstallDir". You are missing the second "l" in the name. I added the new one and it fixed it right up.
Thanks, I got it fixed in my OEM now, so r9.4 will not have that issue, sorry bout that, i actually got the OEM from colonel, prolly why were having the same issue.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Re: MMS requires you run the spMMS-Registry.cab to enable ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejet
Okay I give up, I installed this new rom.
But you make a note that :
MMS requires you run the spMMS-Registry.cab to enable

But I can not find this cab anywhere.
Where do I get it so can run it???
Thanks in advance

in the RAR file you downloaded to get the ROM, there is a folder called Extended_ROM2

the cab file your looking for is in that folder
Old 03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm
Couple suggestions...

1. Replace Calender+ with TodayAgenda. It loads faster, plus shows tasks as well.

2. Add HTC X-Button. This is a native HTC program that allows you to really close a program instead of minimize. No extra program to run in background. with that, you can remove HandySwitcher.

edit: looks like you also missed the PhoneSetting_HelpFile.cab in the extended rom for sprint. This is the cab that installs/enables the clear vm option in the Phone app.

edit2: The messaging folder doesnt need to be in Program files, that can be deleted.

edit3: Flash 7 doesnt work. had to install it manually for it to work
Thanks for the feedback, i actually dont like the HTC-X button as much as I enjoy handyswitcher because there are a lot of apps i like to leave minimized.

ill look into getting the phonesetting_helpfile.cab into the next revision, thanks for finding that for me

the messaging folder does need to be there, its kinda lame but when its not the messaging program takes longer to load for some reason ><

and regarding todayagenda... i like the way cal+ formats stuff better, I dont use tasks at all either so it wasnt something i thought of. Ill look into how much room it takes up in the ROM and mbe ill have a link to it for those that prefer it over the other, lets see how much feedback we get to have both in there.

regarding flash7.... YA, i freakin noticed that! when i went into the OEM folder ( i didnt make this OEM) it still has the stupid setup dll file in there and it never unpacks itself and makes the other reg entries and files. Im not sure how to force it to unpack, but i have a little trick to figure out the changes its making so ill work on getting that done properly for the next revision

*whew* hope thats everything! ill go update my TO DO list on the front page
Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
hmmm i didnt notice any difference in time to load those for messaging

in fact no registry or shortcuts point to those files. it was meant to be a temp holding spot until you could copy those files to the windows directory . check the main thread on that subject and you will see what im talking about.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Another thing i noticed is that if you change your theme, you can NEVER get back to the one that comes on the first boot. If you choose crossbow, you get crossbow colors and backgrounds, but no mario stuff. if you choose windows default, you get standard WM5 blue colors, and the crossbow with mario background. you cant get the combo of the two back again
Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

scottct1 is a n00b
Dumb question, but in your instructions on page 1 you say

Quote:
-MMS requires you run the vzMMS-Registry.cab to enable
-remember to softreset after installing the registry cab
-MMS, vz users *MUST* enter their phone # at this key!!!
Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
"X-VzW-MDN"="Your10digitnumbergoeshere"
If I go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader I do not see a X-Vzw-MDN key there, must I create it? I did run the vzMMS-registry cable file on the phone and soft reset it.

Do I just add it?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm
Another thing i noticed is that if you change your theme, you can NEVER get back to the one that comes on the first boot. If you choose crossbow, you get crossbow colors and backgrounds, but no mario stuff. if you choose windows default, you get standard WM5 blue colors, and the crossbow with mario background. you cant get the combo of the two back again
Totally noticed that and I loved the CrossMario!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache