PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
No an 8525 cannot be flashed with this rom. the hardware/radio/etc is completely different.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
JB, any clue on the country thing when trying to flash?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
Figured it out AGAIN....

THANKS!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473
Hey JBabey... will this rom work on the Cingular 8525? My friend just got one of those & she is horribly jealous of my Mario ROM, mainly because of the massive difference in battery life. I told her I'd ask you.
It won't work since the 8525 since this ROMs are compatible for the HTC Apache only (which is the XV6700, the PPC-6700, and what other carriers are calling it). I think the 8525 is the HTC TyTN, but I am not sure...
hehe, your awake earlier than me!

I think xda has something she can take a look at but im not familiar with that device, other than what ive read.
Methinks you are correct sir!

Pixiebaby - tell your friend she can poke around this forum and they have tons of stuff for the Hermes (that's the HTC name). She won't find a Mario ROM like the great one we have here, but with a little time and practice, she can build one.

----

On a side note...I was just poking over on the Hermes forum and they have WM6 for the Hermes. She may be interested in flashng that to her machine!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

dalsik is a n00b
I'm running rev 9.5 and my PPC 6700's display is sometimes scrambled. I haven't made ANY registry or program changes in quite some time but this issue seems to have just started on its own a couple weeks ago. It seems to happen most of the time when I plug it in overnight but has even happened while sitting in the cradle.

Was this issue ever resolved?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalsik
I'm running rev 9.5 and my PPC 6700's display is sometimes scrambled. I haven't made ANY registry or program changes in quite some time but this issue seems to have just started on its own a couple weeks ago. It seems to happen most of the time when I plug it in overnight but has even happened while sitting in the cradle.

Was this issue ever resolved?
it was resolved in the unified ROM ... read the notes on the 1.2u
I would recomend installing that one
Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 AM
N00b

lovingyou is a n00b
GPS icon did not show up so anyone have any idea ?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Centro
Carrier: AT&T

pixiebaby473 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pixiebaby473 Send a message via MSN to pixiebaby473 Send a message via Yahoo to pixiebaby473
Dang, okay. Thanks for the lini to the Hermes page though. i don't think she'll be willing to experimant in cooking up her own rom, but maybe she can find some cool stuff there. lol
I know she wants the palm-threaded sms.
Back on topic, I am still loving this rom. I think I'll stick with it for a while instead of moving up to the 1.2 just yet...
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473
Dang, okay. Thanks for the lini to the Hermes page though. i don't think she'll be willing to experimant in cooking up her own rom, but maybe she can find some cool stuff there. lol
I know she wants the palm-threaded sms.
Back on topic, I am still loving this rom. I think I'll stick with it for a while instead of moving up to the 1.2 just yet...
well after 8 or so revisions, this one is pretty much a final product. Stable, tested, works.

1.2u is still a W.I.P. ..... its pretty amazing how many things changed in the new kitchen, and the repercussions of those changes are being felt by the 1.x ROMS. Im *REALLY* hoping that by r1.3 or 1.4 at the latest, were seeing the same stability we see in this one.

my biggest concern with the new kitchen, is the stupid browser user agent string. The new PIE uses a file to identify itself, and that dll cant be modified. Im working on reverting PIE back to a version from AKU 2.x but instability issues are arising because of the dependancies. Im updating the files, not the dependant files.... finding all of those is proving to be a task I was not prepared to undertake all by myself.

I have made a ton of progress on the 1.3u.BETA .... things go great until i need "x" application and then the whole phone sh*ts on me because its calling a dependant file that i modified, and the calls to the dependant file crash or lock the phone. As soon as i actually feel I have a stable .BETA i *may* release it to try and work out the final kinks... but im hoping enough of my friends brave the .BETA so i can release a stable 1.3u

the other option is to NOT fix the user agent string, continue along as normal and "wait" until someone, somewhere, figures it out.... or SPRINT fixes their stupid browser detection on the picturemail site (not likely unless hell freezes and i become CEO).

I suppose it depends on my patience to undertake such an endeavor, and if my slow but steady progress hits a dead-end, but lets hope we dont hit that.

Anyways continue to enjoy the 9.6 and hopefully well have a worthy contender to it come out of the unified kitchen here soon. (19 days of school left!)

If.... after all of this..... the unified kitchen presents more problems than it fixes, i will pick back up with 9.7

Thanks for bearing with me guys!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Lurker

Littlebit4 is a n00b
Does this work OK for Alltel?
Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache