View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473
Dang, okay. Thanks for the lini to the Hermes page though. i don't think she'll be willing to experimant in cooking up her own rom, but maybe she can find some cool stuff there. lol
I know she wants the palm-threaded sms.
Back on topic, I am still loving this rom. I think I'll stick with it for a while instead of moving up to the 1.2 just yet...
well after 8 or so revisions, this one is pretty much a final product. Stable, tested, works.

1.2u is still a W.I.P. ..... its pretty amazing how many things changed in the new kitchen, and the repercussions of those changes are being felt by the 1.x ROMS. Im *REALLY* hoping that by r1.3 or 1.4 at the latest, were seeing the same stability we see in this one.

my biggest concern with the new kitchen, is the stupid browser user agent string. The new PIE uses a file to identify itself, and that dll cant be modified. Im working on reverting PIE back to a version from AKU 2.x but instability issues are arising because of the dependancies. Im updating the files, not the dependant files.... finding all of those is proving to be a task I was not prepared to undertake all by myself.

I have made a ton of progress on the 1.3u.BETA .... things go great until i need "x" application and then the whole phone sh*ts on me because its calling a dependant file that i modified, and the calls to the dependant file crash or lock the phone. As soon as i actually feel I have a stable .BETA i *may* release it to try and work out the final kinks... but im hoping enough of my friends brave the .BETA so i can release a stable 1.3u

the other option is to NOT fix the user agent string, continue along as normal and "wait" until someone, somewhere, figures it out.... or SPRINT fixes their stupid browser detection on the picturemail site (not likely unless hell freezes and i become CEO).

I suppose it depends on my patience to undertake such an endeavor, and if my slow but steady progress hits a dead-end, but lets hope we dont hit that.

Anyways continue to enjoy the 9.6 and hopefully well have a worthy contender to it come out of the unified kitchen here soon. (19 days of school left!)

If.... after all of this..... the unified kitchen presents more problems than it fixes, i will pick back up with 9.7

Thanks for bearing with me guys!