PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok..its Apparent This Rom Is Very Flakey....

Running Win 2000 Sp4 ... (new Install On Freshly Partitioned Disk)
Athalon 4800 Dual Core, 4g Of Very Fast Ram, I Installed Your
Rom Kitchen, It Worked One Time, And Then Fried Itself... You Tryed To Tell Me It Was A Flakey Active Sync. I Saw It Fry Itself In The Middle Of A Build, (rom Only Not Upgrade To Phone) And It Had To Be
Uninstalled And Deleted And Reinstalled .... After That It Was
Absolutly Flakey And Unpredictable As To What It Would Do To Active Sync... Now.. When Active Sync Connects Properly And Instantly Upon Windows Booting Up... And It Works Perfectly... You Are Not Going To Blame This On Activesync...or..my Pc.. Both Are
Fresh, Clean, Tight And Run Properly. I Watch Your Program Kill Active Sync Every Single Time It Trys To Upgrade The Phone...you Get To The Page Where It Says...dont Touch The Device... And Then It Kills Active Sync.. It Just Goes Away...leaves The A/s Icon In The Tray White...you get a cant connect to device error from your program The 6700 Screen Says Upgrade Completed And Everything Is Dead In The Water... Have Retried About 20 Times..
Nothing Makes A Difference ... Now The 6700 Works Ok From The First Rom Flash... However I, As Others ..would Like To Make A Few Adjustments After The First Try... And We Are Hozed....

This Is Your Rom Doing This...i Dont Care What You Say To Try And Deny It... It Whacks Active Sync (4.5) And Kills It At The Beginning Of The Upgrade...

I Have Tossed In The Excellent Build Of Xp Pro I Have From Hp...
And Upgraded Win2k Up To Xp Pro On A Fresh Partitioned Disk...
The Upgrade When Fine.. It Is Working Excellently...

So What Do I Get From Your Bugged Up Programming... I Download A New Copy Of The Kitchen.... Install It... And What Do I Get...

A Friggin Error Box That Says... " The Application Could Not Initialize And Some Stupid Numbers..like 10000134 Or Something..

The Ppc Geeks Oem Is In The Proper Place... Direct X 9c Is Installed.. I Have Xp Sp 2 Installed ......

So... To Put It Politely.... Your Friggin Rom Is Flakyey...it Hozes
Active Sync ...and I Have Proven It... I Have Also Proven That It
Is So Flakey It Wont Even Install Itself On Xp Properly And Run.... Leaving Me With A Working But Unwanted Rom Version...

I Have Read Every Single Page Of This Thread And The Bug Forum...
There Are Alot Of People Who Are Having These Two Problems...
So.. Before You Begin To Blame Your Buggly Application On My System... Id Think Twice About That....

Now.... I Am Not Knocking Your Accomplishment Here.. It Is Very Outstanding...and Does Work...now And Then.... When It Feels Like It.....

And I Am One Who Has Already Sent You Quite A Substantial Reward For Your Efforts....a Couple Days Ago... But That Is
Not The Issue....

The Problem Is Your Denial That Your Work Has A Problem , A Very Serious One... And I Expect You To Take This In A Professional And Technical Manner And Own Up To Fixing It.... Not Blaming It On Active Sync... Which Was Working Fine Untill Your Kitchen Whacks It....

Ok...so.. What Do You Want From Me..any Log Or Description Or What....lets Get Started On Fixing This....

The First Thing Is We Cant Do Anything Untill You Tell Me How To Fix The Installed Application....and Its Error That It Cant
Initialize.... And Dont Tell Me To Rebuild The Shortcuts...been There Done That Dude....

Next Idea... Im Waiting.....

Last edited by familydog; 11-07-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
Woooo Hooo ! You Are Very Lucky Guy.... I Have Fixed 1 Of Your 2 Problems..
Lets Address That First...

No Where In Your Instructions During The Setup And Install Of Your Kitchen Does It Say The Following Very Important Message ....

"if You Dont Have Dotnet 2.o Installed On Your Xp ...this Kitchen Will Not Work.."

Once You Install It... The "cant Initalize The Application Errors Go Away And The Kitchen Starts........

A Good Reccomendation To You... Put That In Your Setup Up Gui !!!!!!!!!!
It Will Keep People From Wanting To Give Your Gps Coordinates To Bin Laden.....

Ran Kitchen Agian..same Error..cant Connect To Device...killed Activesync

Second Problem... Some Weird But Substantial And Important Information... On The "cant Connect To Device Error Problem.." And It Was As I Suspected...

I Was Determined To Try And Stop It From Killing Active Sync... And I Succeded... When I Clicked The Button To Start The Rom Upgrade To The 6700 ... I Immediatly Started Clicking The "sync" Button In Active Sync Making It Run...and Continously Clicking It Kept Your Program From Killing It... And Your Rom Upgrade Completed To The Phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have Been A Hands On Professional College Degreed And U.s. Military Career Electronics And Pc Technician For 25 Years.... Im Not Some Punk With A Couple Of Frankensystems Under His Belt... I Know What Im Doing And What Im Talking About As A Troubleshooting Tech.... Your App Is Hozing Active Sync For Whatever Reason I Dont Know... But Ive Just Proven It....

Its Undeniable... So...ive Done The Hard Work...and Proven You Have A Problem And That It Is Your App Doing It... To A Hell Of Alot Of People...
Go Fix The Thing....

And Im Going To Go Try The New Kitchen On The 6700..... Oh.. That File Explorer That You Say Replaces The Original But Uses The Same Icon...that Thing Sucks.... It Has No Return To Next Folder Up If You On The Storage Card For A Few Times... Your Stuck And Screwed..cant Even Close It.... There Is No Going Back From The \xxxxxxxxx
It Sucks. Going Back To Total Commander...
Old 11-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
^^^lmao who is this guy

and has anyone proven that sprinttv doesnt incur billing charges? i wanna give it a try but dont wanna end up with surprise charges.

Last edited by Torx; 11-07-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
LOL that was pretty funny. good reading made me laugh this morning! Thanks.
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS
Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Thinking1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Thinking1 Send a message via Yahoo to Thinking1
You guys rule.. Thank you.. Its 6:48am here and Im downloading as I type this message.. Will install immediately. Thank you all for your hard work and technological advances.. HTC and Sprint should hire you guys to do this full time and pay you well.. Until that happens, your adoring fans here at PPC GEEKS, give thankx and pay homiage.. Once again, thank you.. (Helmi, luv2chill , gguruusa , Tiermann , Colonel and everyone else in support). You guys rule..
Old 11-07-2007, 07:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

broken041 is just getting started
I have tried it. Nothing to sign/fill in/ validate, etc ,etc. I am in the belief that it is only a data useage that you would have to worry about on your part. I have unlimited data....so it not that big of a worry here. After using it, it's like MobiTV but free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
^^^lmao who is this guy

and has anyone proven that sprinttv doesnt incur billing charges? i wanna give it a try but dont wanna end up with surprise charges.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
thanx gguruusa. I do see the shortcut and it is opened. What do I do next durst
Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

guys, how do I add the oem rar that into the buildOS?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The tool doing the encoding isn't flexible enough to allow BuildOS to select the appropriate .prj file. In the future I'll probably write a replacement tool that integrates niceer.

BigJ's guide is from the 3.5 kitchen. We'll update it for the new BuildOS and include it int he kitchen soon - right after we all catch up on our sleep.

Many apps have homepages...try right clicking on an OEM to bring up it's context menu and visiting it's homepage (when available)
Thanks. And please do catch up on your sleep. Don't think that I was begging for stuff to be changed right away. As I said, you guys have done an amazing job, and I just had a few very low priority questions.

Thanks for all the hard work. It shows.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

i went through the buildOS and put in all of my settings and clicked on build rom. I get a message that states " can't open ppcgeeks oem.rar"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development