PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 verizon

agonyou is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - UPDATED 20071217

Hi All. Can I use the kitchen on a XV6700 from Verizon with boot loader 2.05?
I'm asking because I don't think I'm on ROM 3.3 from VZW, but I do have the newer boot loader. Here's my image stats:

ROM Version: 3.14.30 WWE
ROM date: 06/21/07
Radio Version: 1.43.00
Protocol Version: snaz-40306
ExtROM version 3.14.208 WWE
Hardware Revision: 041
PRL Version: 50989
PRI Version: 1.15_002

Can I use the kitchen to upgrade this phone without getting into hot water.
Austin
Old 03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonyou View Post
Hi All. Can I use the kitchen on a XV6700 from Verizon with boot loader 2.05?
I'm asking because I don't think I'm on ROM 3.3 from VZW, but I do have the newer boot loader. Here's my image stats:

ROM Version: 3.14.30 WWE
ROM date: 06/21/07
Radio Version: 1.43.00
Protocol Version: snaz-40306
ExtROM version 3.14.208 WWE
Hardware Revision: 041
PRL Version: 50989
PRI Version: 1.15_002

Can I use the kitchen to upgrade this phone without getting into hot water.
Austin
You can use the kitchen to upgrade your phone. You will probably have to downgrade your bootloader to 2.02. Check this link for details. After you have done that the rest is pretty simple. Just follow the tutorial. If you have questions just post them up or go to the chat room for help. Good luck!

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Hell....I am doing the Happy Dance!!!!! GGuru stuck by me and helped me fix my "brick". Oh I love the phone now....better than the first version I had.

Question is, How do you change the Slide to Lock picture to your own pic?
Apparently the newer version .99c has a new way of changing. This link discusses the method if you have that one.
If you have one of the older versions just go under file explorer/s2u2 folder/gfx folder(I believe this is how to navigate to the gfx folder. The gfx folder has the images you want to change). Name your replacement pictures WallpaperL for landscape and Wallpaper for portrait. Replace the pictures in the gfx folder with your new ones.

The picture size should be 240 x 320 for portrait mode, and 320 x 240 for landscape mode.

JPEG/GIF/PNG/BMP file formats are supported.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Lurker

agonyou is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
You can use the kitchen to upgrade your phone. You will probably have to downgrade your bootloader to 2.02. Check this link for details. After you have done that the rest is pretty simple. Just follow the tutorial. If you have questions just post them up or go to the chat room for help. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Medic. Do you know if I could downgrade the official htc/apache stack and have it revert the bootloader as well? If it did, then that could resolve a lot of craziness. Otherwise, I'll just MTTY, and away I go.
I hope.

Austin
Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Lurker

agonyou is a n00b

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Medic. Do you know if I could downgrade the official htc/apache stack and have it revert the bootloader as well? If it did, then that could resolve a lot of craziness. Otherwise, I'll just MTTY, and away I go.
I hope.

Austin
Crud, I just tried to download the latest ROM from utstarcom for Verizon and PPC6700 and VZW is *not* in the carriers list!!! What should I do?

Austin
Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

NitroSS is a n00b

Cant wait for WM6.1 update
Old 03-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Crud, I just tried to download the latest ROM from utstarcom for Verizon and PPC6700 and VZW is *not* in the carriers list!!! What should I do?

Austin
Don't bother. Do the downgrade procedure and head for the kitchen.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroSS View Post
Cant wait for WM6.1 update
Every day I check in here and hope that I'll see something different written on the date portion of this thread's title.

I really need to do a hard reset soon, but at this point I'm just going to wait for the 6.1. I've been tinkering with some things- frankly I'm surprised my device hasn't exploded lately.
If anyone's interested, Spb finally put up a new beta for PhoneSuite. It's got some bugs, but it's really sweet.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Every day I check in here and hope that I'll see something different written on the date portion of this thread's title.

I really need to do a hard reset soon, but at this point I'm just going to wait for the 6.1. I've been tinkering with some things- frankly I'm surprised my device hasn't exploded lately.
If anyone's interested, Spb finally put up a new beta for PhoneSuite. It's got some bugs, but it's really sweet.
the one i saw on the site has a release date of dec. 07. is that the one you're talking about?? cause it looks the same.... hmmmm
Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteslice View Post
the one i saw on the site has a release date of dec. 07. is that the one you're talking about?? cause it looks the same.... hmmmm
If you're talking about the kitchen, that was last released December 17, 2007.
If you're talking about my OT comment about PhoneSuite, the new Beta was released on March 2, 2008.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development