PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: your stuff - helmi is a god of somekind

rbarbieri is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've searched pretty hard and I can't find the fix for the live search/today plugin keypad problem. Could you post a link to the fix. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarbieri View Post
I've searched pretty hard and I can't find the fix for the live search/today plugin keypad problem. Could you post a link to the fix. Thanks.
There isn't one. That behavior is due to the way HTC programmed the Apache's keyboard driver. It has existed in every single Apache ROM, stock and custom and there's nothing we can do about it. A few other older HTC devices have the exact same problem with their keyboard drivers. It wasn't until the native WM6 devices that HTC finally started fixing the problem (and no we can't use their drivers because the hardware is vastly different).

You'll just have to use the on-screen keyboard on the today search plugins.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

turvy06 is a n00b
Great work guys!! At the risk of sounding redundant, i am having trouble uploading this rom. I recently performed the update to vista to allow me to perform the ruu, but when i run the kitchen (in bootloader), i get an error and the build does not complete. What am i doing wrong?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by turvy06 View Post
Great work guys!! At the risk of sounding redundant, i am having trouble uploading this rom. I recently performed the update to vista to allow me to perform the ruu, but when i run the kitchen (in bootloader), i get an error and the build does not complete. What am i doing wrong?
Man, not to sound harsh but it's nearly impossible to know what the problem is when you just say "an error". Please provide the actual text of the error, including an error number if given. Also at what point in the process does the error come up?

Also, what "update to vista" did you perform? There are several possibilities so be specific about what you did.

When in doubt, always err on the side of providing too much information rather than not enough.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Lurker

turvy06 is a n00b
Thanks. The error i receive says: "Error building file system", and in the build status window, the last message says:
"Compiled Size (0x395ffc0) greater than Max Rom Size (0x38e5800)."

The update to vista was to allow me to run the ruu without getting stuck in bootloader. I found the update here: "http://www.modaco.com/content-page/252977/RUU-on-Vista-It-can-be-done-the-ultimate-guide/page/40/
", and i followed the steps up to #15.

When running the os build in the kitchen, i have the ppc in bootloader (v. 2.02) and its connected to the computer.

Is this enough info to help me with? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turvy06 View Post
Thanks. The error i receive says: "Error building file system", and in the build status window, the last message says:
"Compiled Size (0x395ffc0) greater than Max Rom Size (0x38e5800)."

The update to vista was to allow me to run the ruu without getting stuck in bootloader. I found the update here: "http://www.modaco.com/content-page/252977/RUU-on-Vista-It-can-be-done-the-ultimate-guide/page/40/
", and i followed the steps up to #15.

When running the os build in the kitchen, i have the ppc in bootloader (v. 2.02) and its connected to the computer.

Is this enough info to help me with? Thanks.
Looks like you are selecting to many programs. You have to choose less programs. Try using the helmi selections without adding any of your own and see if it builds properly. Then add programs a couple at a time and rebuild. We would all like to have all the programs but you cannot have em all.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Lurker

turvy06 is a n00b
I tried that an it worked, however i got a windows error saying "RUU has stopped working" when the update started, then "Error downloading ROM". Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro II.. With a bionic heart!

Eturnulrs704 is just getting started
I got the same error at first til i figured to remove my device, place it in boot loader mode and just wait for the cue to place the device back in... sometimes I soft reset the device before..
Old 11-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Retired Staff

The modaco drivers are no longer necessary on Vista. You should download and reinstall the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center (google should bring it up)--the version is 6.1.

Then you should turn UAC off (User Account Control). If you don't know how to do it google should be helpful there as well.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Lurker

turvy06 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnulrs704 View Post
I got the same error at first til i figured to remove my device, place it in boot loader mode and just wait for the cue to place the device back in... sometimes I soft reset the device before..

I am still getting the same errors even after trying that. Any other ideas guys?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development