PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
durst I'm still kinda lost. forgive me for being slow, sorry. Let's start with what do I oopen up first. I downloaded both programs and then what's next?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Please help,

I am having a hard time getting ppcgeeks_oem to work correctly. I read where someone state that we didn't need to extract it and simply put it in the root directory. what is the root directory?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
Please help,

I am having a hard time getting ppcgeeks_oem to work correctly. I read where someone state that we didn't need to extract it and simply put it in the root directory. what is the root directory?
The root directory is the directory you installed to, and you are correct, you do not need to extract the ppcgeeks_oem.rar.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
durst I'm still kinda lost. forgive me for being slow, sorry. Let's start with what do I oopen up first. I downloaded both programs and then what's next?
Sorry gotta get up for work at 4am, I'd be more than happy to continue this tomorrow at some point with you if you want. Let me know
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS
Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Quote:
dpdurst, mine is in c:/buildOS. Whenever I get into ppcgeeks buildOS exe. I get a message saying, " can't open buildOS-config.txt and selections-config.txt
Real quick I think I see what is happening, you have a C:\buildOS and a C:\buildOS\BuildOS? Run the .exe from the first or root folder c:\buildOS only, there should be an executable in there called Apache_Helmi_WM6 PPC-BuildOS run this and see if it then works better
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor
Carrier: Sprint

slightlyevolved is a n00b
Thank you everyone who helped me with the starup problem. I did neglect to have .Net installed.

Now that I've got that issue taken care of, I have a new one.

After starting the build, I get an "Unable to Locate Componet" error. States that MSVCR71.dll was not found.

I saw that there was a new update to the kitched and I downloaded that, but I still get the error.

In the log I get these last few lines:
-----------------

Preparing ROM
Searching for IMGFS start...
Found at 00640000
Dumping IMGFS
Done

Setting Attributes

Building ROM
Unable to load compression DLL!

--------------

The kitchen looks really good everyone. I'm more than just a impressed at the effort put into it. This will be my first self-cooked ROM that I'll be installing. It'll be just like a getting a new toy without spending $300
Old 11-07-2007, 03:05 AM
Lurker

hd54321 is a n00b
Where's auto-complete?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post
After starting the build, I get an "Unable to Locate Componet" error. States that MSVCR71.dll was not found.
it's in the Tools folder. Place a copy in the BuildOS folder or \Windows\System32 folder.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdurst View Post
Real quick I think I see what is happening, you have a C:\buildOS and a C:\buildOS\BuildOS? Run the .exe from the first or root folder c:\buildOS only, there should be an executable in there called Apache_Helmi_WM6 PPC-BuildOS run this and see if it then works better
You should have a shortcut to the kitchen on your desktop. That is the preferred mechanism to start the kitchen.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Loving it so far

Ok this is very nice so far. I too had the MSVCR71.dll missing issue and placed a copy into the system32 folder to cure that. Then the only other thing was that I had too many OEM's and ran out of memory. Trimmed out a few items and bingo it is up and running.

The best part - two year old device and still happy with it! The options we have available thanks to helmi and crew are fantastic! Will have to donate again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development