PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for such great work guys. BUT, question... although I've learned alot from you all I'm still a noob to the whole kitchen thing so can someone, anyone please hold my hand and walk through this thing from start to finish. I tried reading the apache walkthrough and I read post #105 from dpdurst but whenever I try to pull up buildOS I get a prompt saying it's unable to find it. Once the buildOS screen comes up I can't select anything for none of the categories. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE... someone please help me with this. I tried to do what I remembered and put my phone in bootloader mode but nothing upgrades. I'm with alltel and I'm dying to get everything up to speed. On the first release, I finally got everything working like I wanted but I know that this is way better and I wouldn't have to go in and manually do everything. So please someone... HELP!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Thanks for such great work guys. BUT, question... although I've learned alot from you all I'm still a noob to the whole kitchen thing so can someone, anyone please hold my hand and walk through this thing from start to finish. I tried reading the apache walkthrough and I read post #105 from dpdurst but whenever I try to pull up buildOS I get a prompt saying it's unable to find it. Once the buildOS screen comes up I can't select anything for none of the categories. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE... someone please help me with this. I tried to do what I remembered and put my phone in bootloader mode but nothing upgrades. I'm with alltel and I'm dying to get everything up to speed. On the first release, I finally got everything working like I wanted but I know that this is way better and I wouldn't have to go in and manually do everything. So please someone... HELP!!!!
I'll give this a try for ya, first off were did you install the program? For example mine is in d:\buildOS

I then copied the .rar filed called PPCGeeks_OEM.rar into that same folder but did not unrar it just copy it in there. Lets see if you can start the buildOS program by going to your folder you installed it at and then double click this file - WM6 PPC-BuildOS (should be a shortcut) If this now works then make a shortcut of this on the startmenu or on your desktop. Once this is open then you should have the main screen that you select the stuff from. The top row should be fine depending on what you have, I have the HTC Apache so mine is left to right - apache, wm6, standard and htc.nb for the boot screen. You can then if you want select the carrier in the big window below and select the green icon on the toolbar, this should start the build. You then should get a pop up that is called build status that compiles the program for you, then you will get another pop up that has 2 buttons encode and exit, press the encode and go the tools folder inside of the buildOS folder and select your phone.prj project. Select next and then encode press OK and then exit and it should then start the update utility. At this time you can put the phone in bootloader mode and upgrade. let me know if this helps.
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfletch12 is a n00b
This is awesome. I'm away from the forum for a couple of days and look what happens. Christmas in November.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Ok for the newbie...namely me...how do you go about overclocking?

Thanks,
Steve
There are different methods and applications, but you have a really easy method available to you in this kitchen. Under the performance section, select HTC Performance when cooking your rom. Once you've flashed the rom to your phone, head to settings->System->Performance.

I wouldn't recommend running on a regular basis on more than the 520 setting as our base processor runs at 419 MHz.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Get the latest version of the kitchen and/or buildos, out right about now. Among other things, "Can't find ....." error handling is fixed.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
You need to fix the link in the first post to reflect changes
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
This replaces my old holy grail "WM6 on the 6700" - since we have that, guess this would be the next impossible thing we'll be getting soon
It is possible. It is a matter of setting the ROM with the partitions we want. We'd have to look at more than that though. You'd always want the average user to be able to re-flash back to a default configuration afterwards.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
Hi im a rom dev for the 6800 and was wondering the password to the kitchen so i can try to port things over to the titan. pm it to me if you dont want to post
It's already ported to Titan, and it's not necessary to do the .rar thing for the porting process...just do it like you always did, with SYS/OEM/ROM folders. If you want to distribute your kitchen, after it's complete, contact the dev team and they can walk you through packaging into .rar form for distribution.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbreisch View Post
B) In VerizonGuy's kitchen, there was a fantastic HOWTO by BigJ. I realize that this new BuildOS is a lot better, and much of what BigJ wrote doesn't apply, but it would be great to have something like that in there. Because of his HOWTO, I didn't panic and get confused when I saw the "Encode" screen and knew what to do.

C) Speaking of which, since I've already selected my carrier, shouldn't that select the appropriate .prj file for me?
The tool doing the encoding isn't flexible enough to allow BuildOS to select the appropriate .prj file. In the future I'll probably write a replacement tool that integrates niceer.

BigJ's guide is from the 3.5 kitchen. We'll update it for the new BuildOS and include it int he kitchen soon - right after we all catch up on our sleep.

Quote:
F) The popups over the apps with the details are great! A few could use a bit more detail, IMO...but that's a very very minor nit.
Many apps have homepages...try right clicking on an OEM to bring up it's context menu and visiting it's homepage (when available)
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
dpdurst, mine is in c:/buildOS. Whenever I get into ppcgeeks buildOS exe. I get a message saying, " can't open buildOS-config.txt and selections-config.txt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development