PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Lurker

rolyguy7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well I've loaded about 10 different customized ROM's using the kitchen so far trying to figure out what I want and what I don't want on my ROM. I got to say this is very impressive tool. Hat's off to Helmi and all those have have contributed to this kitchen release.

Not sure if this is the right place to post questions on any issues we've run into. If not let me know. I made a PIM backup of all my text and pic messages before upgrading. I've tried restoring them after loading the new ROM and have had no luck. PIM backup sees all the messages but won't actually restore them even though it claims that the restore was successful. Any one have any information on this?

Thanks...

Last edited by rolyguy7; 11-06-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cjbreisch is just getting started
Awesome! Just got my new (refurb) phone from Asurion, activated it, and flashed the ROM I built last night. Flawless. Looks like I put the wrong dialer in, but I can live with that until I have a better reason to re-flash.

This is terrific. Thanks so much!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2678 View Post
Gotta tip my hat to Helmi and the entire ROM team. You guys have really banded together to turn an otherwise unremarkable stock product into a supercharged converged device that I just CAN'T live without.

Many thanks
I agree... before i found this site, I absolutely HATED my 6700.
Now it ROCKS. (Though I'm still scared to over-clock it to 640).

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ok, I've completed a rom move to the new kitchen, basically replicating my 1.04/AKU3.5 rom, and, well, it works. Woo hoo

Congrats all - really nice job. HTC should be paying you for the support.

Oh, and if you just drop in the latest S2UL binaries into the OEM, it works fine...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
The new builOS looks great. Very easy to follow.

I downloaded it all yesterday and have read through the tips etc. and am going to build and flash tonight. I've been using Helmi's original WM6 with Robmayer's clean ROM based on that -- I like the fact that this new build is basically a stock build.

Can't wait to get it all installed and play around with it.

Thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved. Will post bugs as I find them. Thanks for not throwing us all out of the kitchen like my mom used to do when we would all hang out in there waiting for dinner to be ready.

<bowing to the PPCGeeks Gods>
Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Uh... tossed the SprintTV into the rom for fun (I use orb already for all my media streaming, but hey its free right?)

So, SprintTV seems to spin forever on the first connect. Possibly a Sprint issue, but is anyone seeing it work right now?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
So what is the final verdict? Is this as fast / stable as AKU3.5?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Lurker

atomikx is a n00b
error building file system

ok loaded both kitchen and rom and during build it gave me that error and said system out of memory? now what?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
morsus mihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDiv View Post
So what is the final verdict? Is this as fast / stable as AKU3.5?
Dunno. Been slamming mine most of the day. Some slightly weird things, almost all shaken out. Might be faster. Seems a hair faster. 3.5/1.04 kitchen was rock solid, so far nothing less stable here (other then, as I said, the normal weirdness when I'm building a rom and making mistakes here and there...)

Same issue with battery life. Been fiddling more then usual, can't tell.

So, here's some interesting things to test

EVDO Speed - no difference
Wifi Speed - no difference

So far, if I had to guess, I'd say it's pretty much about the same, except it's WM6. Which isn't bad at all, when you think about it
Old 11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
morsus mihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikx View Post
ok loaded both kitchen and rom and during build it gave me that error and said system out of memory? now what?
I got that myself a few times. You have too many oems selected. Try building one with less stuff in it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development